Gracefully Grey?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Gracefully Grey?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:56 pm

VelvetCat wrote:I agree with the others who say don't dye your hair black jra, it just looks unnatural, if you had black hair naturally, I bet it's going white.

Why not have it cut really short and let the natural colour grow in, I bet it would look great.

I need advice about buying a foundation, I'm really pale skinned and most foundations look unnatural on me, and because I still have quite a greasy t zone even after cleansing and toning, it never seems to look right.

I was given a tip by a drag artist to put a little talc on my face before applying foundation, but it doesn't seem to help these days and I've got a big party to go to in a couple of weeks! Help!!

A friend of mine swears by this stuff, mostly because it's so quick and easy to apply and lasts for hours and it works for all complexions

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Minerals-Bronzer-Jerome-Alexander/dp/B014J3MVXM/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1535046719&sr=8-7&keywords=jerome+alexander+magic+minerals

Postby VelvetCat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Thanks Mes and NN!

No I don't use a primer, will have a look at the ones suggested, I don't wear make up that often these days, but when I do, I like it to look good.

Off to Google and get my debit card out!

:wubbers: :wubbers: to both of you.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm

I can't get on with liquid foundation, and I only use powder ones. Photobalm is good, as is Younique. I don't dye my hair as it's not grey yet, and I can't be bothered to change my natural colour.
Raggamuffin

Postby jra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
jra wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Don't dye your hair black jra it will look ridiculous, it does on McCartney and Pacino so it certainly will do on you.

He he. But seriously, my hair is naturally black.

If it's naturally black you don't have to dye it then.

Sounds like it's naturally grey to me, nothing wrong with that, you're not in some highly paid position competing with young up-and-coming executives are you?

It was naturally black, not now.

:brickwall:
jra

Postby jra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Stop being a fanny and shave your hair off... Best thing I ever did.

What to save on the cost of shampoo?

I know he's Jewish but that doesn't mean he's that tight.

He's going grey not bald.

Fuck off Ray.
jra

Postby measurer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:15 pm

VelvetCat wrote:Thanks Mes and NN!

No I don't use a primer, will have a look at the ones suggested, I don't wear make up that often these days, but when I do, I like it to look good.

My absolute fav primer is Hourglass Veil, it really works but is costly at £20 for just under 10mls. I'm hoping to get the large one for Christmas.
measurer

Postby measurer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:16 pm

Ray? This in't a trolling thread. Take this crap elsewhere please.
measurer

Postby jra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:17 pm

VelvetCat wrote:I agree with the others who say don't dye your hair black jra, it just looks unnatural, if you had black hair naturally, I bet it's going white.

Why not have it cut really short and let the natural colour grow in, I bet it would look great.

I need advice about buying a foundation, I'm really pale skinned and most foundations look unnatural on me, and because I still have quite a greasy t zone even after cleansing and toning, it never seems to look right.

I was given a tip by a drag artist to put a little talc on my face before applying foundation, but it doesn't seem to help these days and I've got a big party to go to in a couple of weeks! Help!!

I'll think about what's been said regarding brown vs black.
Last edited by jra on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Guest wrote:

A friend of mine swears by this stuff, mostly because it's so quick and easy to apply and lasts for hours and it works for all complexions

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Minerals-Bronzer-Jerome-Alexander/dp/B014J3MVXM/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1535046719&sr=8-7&keywords=jerome+alexander+magic+minerals

Sorry, wrong link! :oops:
This
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jerome-Alexander-Magic-Minerals-Foundation/dp/B00TXSY2CM/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1535048205&sr=8-6&keywords=magic+minerals

Postby measurer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:19 pm

VelvetCat wrote:Thanks Mes and NN!

There are Groups on FB that sell on makeup that hasn't suited them, maybe a better idea, as then you can try out things to see what suits you before spending a fortune on high end products such as these. Look up one called UK Makeup & Beauty.
measurer

Postby VelvetCat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Guest wrote:

Thanks guest, another one to think about :wubbers:
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby MG2 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:22 pm

NastyNickers wrote:

Have you ever tried a good primer? I use a Charlotte Tilbury wonderglow primer. But the Sephora Smashbox is excellent too for oily skin. With a matte cream foundation or a powder. I like Laura Mercier translucent powder.
And a good setting spray!

Talking of setting sprays, I bought one from Urban Decay and it's pretty good, I was feeling pleased with myself until my immaculately made up (for some hours) friend showed me her new Rimmel setting spray! Buy the cheaper one, in this case it's equally as good.
MG2

Postby measurer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:24 pm

MAC Fix + is supposed to be good too MG. I'm going through duty free soon, so my card and bank will be taking a hammering. lol
measurer

Postby measurer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:26 pm

jra wrote:

I'll think about what's been said regarding brown vs black.

Your best bet is Just For Men. It will darken it but not too dark. As our skins get older, dark colours do use no favours, men too. You should go lighter as you get older.
measurer

Postby MG2 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 pm

measurer wrote:MAC Fix + is supposed to be good too MG. I'm going through duty free soon, so my card and bank will be taking a hammering. lol

Ohhh let us know what goodies you buy and then recommend or not please x
MG2

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms