Nottinghill circus

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Nottinghill circus

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:52 am

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Tag teaming with Dean over something that wasn’t said on this thread doesn’t really fly.
It would be better if posters were allowed to explain their words (no one used racist slurs here) instead of being jumped on at every opportunity.

That's a bit hypocritical coming from you. Your jumping on an admin here at every opportunity is quite nauseating actually. :slap:

Stop shitstirring.
I haven’t jumped on admin in ages!
Weekends only.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:22 am

Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:To LM,

Respect, girl. You are one of the only posters on here who does not use race to further an agenda. The subject is too important to use for trolling etc. I won't stop commenting on racism and bigotry whenever I see fit. As do you.

It’s a difficult one. Brushing it under the carpet and pretending it doesn’t exist doesn’t help but accusing people of being racist when they aren’t doesn’t do much good either.
Feels like the anti racists on here have lost their way with all the trolling.

^^^^^^ I think that is what they call a nail on the head moment. I just keep reminding myself that this is Dogs, so there is no serious debate to be had. Anyone with anything about them knows who is who on here and what they're about when it comes to racism. The rest....well :mrgreen: That'll do me.

Might be an idea not to encourage the trolling about racism when they start then.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Respect, girl. You are one of the only posters on here who does not use race to further an agenda. The subject is too important to use for trolling etc. I won't stop commenting on racism and bigotry whenever I see fit. As do you.

It’s a difficult one. Brushing it under the carpet and pretending it doesn’t exist doesn’t help but accusing people of being racist when they aren’t doesn’t do much good either.

^^^^^^ I think that is what they call a nail on the head moment. I just keep reminding myself that this is Dogs, so there is no serious debate to be had. Anyone with anything about them knows who is who on here and what they're about when it comes to racism. The rest....well :mrgreen: That'll do me.

Only really logged in to say.... ^^^^^^ that :thumbsup:
Vam

Postby Vam » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

..... and this ^^^^^^^, absolutely :thumbsup:

It reaches farcical levels here sometimes.
Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

We should start setting some good examples. You know how everyone follows our lead. :mrgreen:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Cleopatra wrote:Anyone with anything about them knows who is who on here and what they're about when it comes to racism.

Name names. List the posters you consider to be racist and the ones you consider to be anti-racist.

I'd wager most, if not all, of the posters you may put on the anti-racist side will have made bigoted / prejudiced / racist remarks online at some point in their forum history.

Except me. Now misogyny on the other hand...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Vam » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Anyone with anything about them knows who is who on here and what they're about when it comes to racism.

Name names. List the posters you consider to be racist and the ones you consider to be anti-racist.

I'd wager most, if not all, of the posters you may put on the anti-racist side will have made bigoted / prejudiced / racist remarks online at some point in their forum history.

Except me. Now misogyny on the other hand...

When it comes to gauging people's real intent behind their written words, I think terms like 'stereotypical generalisations' are probably the reality in most cases, not blind hatred racism.

Was I supposed to get precious and howl 'racist!' every time I've been called a "dago/wop/eyetie/Mafiosa" here?

Or how about when some batshit mouth-breather assumes I'm "living off the proceeds of crime" because of where I'm located?
Vam

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I just try to point it out sometimes. :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I just try to point it out sometimes. :ooer:

¡Hola, jefe! :smilin:

Very cosmopolitan vibe in your gaff today. Blame that Raven bloke... :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Vam wrote:¡Hola, jefe! :smilin:

Very cosmopolitan vibe in your gaff today. Blame that Raven bloke... :gigglesnshit:

Frosty used to call me that :mrgreen:

I can't blame LR for that, he's too busy getting the blame for everything else...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:¡Hola, jefe! :smilin:

Frosty used to call me that :mrgreen:

I can't blame LR for that, he's too busy getting the blame for everything else...

Very happy about it too, having not been on here for a few years I think the place is quieter and less ferocious than when I was here before.
Happy to help liven it up a bit.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:01 pm

I've been several times and have always enjoyed myself.

We used to attend the final test at the Oval, then all head off to Notting Hill when the match finished. If the cricket was against the West Indies, we'd bet on the outcome in pints, so I'd get either a free carnival or it would cost me a fortune.
Red Okktober

Postby Bella » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:17 pm

https://www.mynottinghillcarnival.com/f ... umps-hate/ Lovely photos from days gone by...

By Alison Williams

It is 70 years since the Windrush docked in London, bringing over 800 new migrants from the Caribbean. They arrived with hope in their hearts for a new life and economic prosperity. Many of these early migrants settled in North Kensington where rents were cheap and there were already many other migrants from other parts of the Commonwealth, as well as poorer British citizens.

Many of the early migrants did get jobs – often doing the sort of low paid work that the British didn’t want to do. Fitting in wasn’t easy. Not everyone in North Kensington appreciated the arrival of thousands of Caribbean migrants. They experienced discrimination and sometimes open hatred. In 1958, the Notting Hill riots saw right wing extremists in open confrontation with Caribbean migrants.

It was partly in response to the feeling of exclusion and discrimination that gave rise to the Notting Hill Carnival. Carnival meant the opposite of exclusion. For the first time, migrants and their children could take to the streets and feel free to express who they were in a whirlwind of colour, music, flamboyant dress and love. Carnival was the first time that many people from the many different Caribbean islands were able to come together as a community.

As years rolled by, the Notting Hill Carnival has grown in size and popularity. It has also had its ups and downs. The Carnival has somehow survived its many obstacles and is bigger and better than ever. It has become Europe’s biggest street carnival and has inspired others across the continent, just as Trinidad and Rio’s famous pre-Lent Carnivals helped to inspire London’s own.

The poverty and discrimination that the Windrush generation experienced hasn’t entirely gone away. In June 2017, the substandard Grenfell tower block burned almost to the ground. It was home to a recent wave of migrants and refugees with many from the Middle East and Asia, rather than from the Caribbean. Grenfell’s blackened hulk lies on the meandering path of this year’s Carnival revellers and is a reminder that the reasons for the Carnival’s birth are still present.

Some of the Windrush generation have also suffered atrociously. Bit by bit, the scandal of the recent treatment of some of those early migrants who believed they were British has been exposed. The cruel policy known as the ‘hostile environment’ has seen hundreds of older British residents of Caribbean origin forced to lose their entitlements and their jobs. Some have even been sent back to their place of origin just because they had never thought to confirm their rights to stay in Britain.

The Notting Hill Carnival in 2018 is into its 51st year. It has had a lot of bumps along the way. The Grenfell debacle and the Windrush scandal are just two more. And yet…a million people jive, dance, sing and enjoy an annual spectacle that demonstrates that Carnival love trumps hate.
Bella

Postby DogsSupporter » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 pm

And they came all the way from Brum. Do you know the attackers, Dean?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tered.html
DogsSupporter

Postby Goodwife » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 pm

DogsSupporter wrote:And they came all the way from Brum. Do you know the attackers, Dean?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tered.html

Oh there is the lying little Cunt. I made you a thread, where have you been hiding!!!
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms