DS thread #105

Big Threads

Re: DS thread #105

Postby jra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:51 pm

plumber's mate wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:About that boiler jra....how much did it cost?

How much do you get paid a week/month? You first.

I asked first. I want to know if it costs as much as mine did.

Normal price would be about 2-2.5 grand including installation and all the associated gubbins. The boiler alone costs about 1 grand. It's a system boiler 30kw, so you've still got your hot water tank, circulation pump, sludge remover, timer and various other bits.

Do you have an outdoor temperature sensor?

No.
jra

Postby Nucks » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:58 pm

jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
TWATkins wrote:
Nucks wrote:I’ve been there nearly 5 years, it’s still 15 minutes. :smilin:

I get an hour .. you're doing it wrong :pmsl:

Blimey! :yikes: I know some members have been there over a decade with tens of thousands of posts, but I’m definitely not a newbie after 5 years. :thud: But still, 15 minutes should be plenty for someone to edit.

Unless something else crops up.

Incoming phone call from somebody you know.

Dilemma.

Do I edit the post or answer the phone?

Real life vs forum malarkey is a dilemma? :gigglesnshit:

If you miss the edit window, you could always quote the post you made and just point out what you meant to type.
Nucks

Postby jra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
TWATkins wrote:
Nucks wrote:I’ve been there nearly 5 years, it’s still 15 minutes. :smilin:

I get an hour .. you're doing it wrong :pmsl:

Blimey! :yikes: I know some members have been there over a decade with tens of thousands of posts, but I’m definitely not a newbie after 5 years. :thud: But still, 15 minutes should be plenty for someone to edit.

Unless something else crops up.

Incoming phone call from somebody you know.

Dilemma.

Do I edit the post or answer the phone?

Real life vs forum malarkey is a dilemma? :gigglesnshit:

If you miss the edit window, you could always quote the post you made and just point out what you meant to type.

I could, but sometimes I just can't be fucking arsed.

As if I don't post enough already.

Apparently I reply to every post mentioning me as it is, let alone replying to posts I've made.
jra

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Guest wrote:Brexiteers on DS losing their shit now this second referendum thing is gaining more and more support.

I think we are inevitably going to get some sort of second vote if Labour change their position in two weeks time. DS will be a war zone when it happens.

It's already a war zone on the politics forum!

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Brexiteers on DS losing their shit now this second referendum thing is gaining more and more support.

I think we are inevitably going to get some sort of second vote if Labour change their position in two weeks time. DS will be a war zone when it happens.

Its going to be out and out carnage if a second vote becomes reality. There will be some epic flounces on both sides when the result comes in.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Its going to be out and out carnage if a second vote becomes reality. There will be some epic flounces on both sides when the result comes in.

There isn't time for a second referendum. There won't be one. MP's currently have to vote on a deal, the more the opposition push, the more likely we'll leave with no deal. There has to be a minimum of six clear months to run a referendum. If the March 29th date is missed then there will be hell to pay. The only people pushing for a second vote are sulking rich remainers. They have never not got their own way before. There won't be a second referendum.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There isn't time for a second referendum. There won't be one. MP's currently have to vote on a deal, the more the opposition push, the more likely we'll leave with no deal. There has to be a minimum of six clear months to run a referendum. If the March 29th date is missed then there will be hell to pay. The only people pushing for a second vote are sulking rich remainers. They have never not got their own way before. There won't be a second referendum.

Oh but there will be :choc:

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If the country is in a potential state of emergency then I'm sure that A50 can be postponed.

It's time for this vanity to end.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Apparently Waldo is not normally a complainer.

:whistle:

Postby bogtrotter » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Article 50 can be postponed in readiness for a referendum on any final deal.

As I've said time and time again, the Brexit you hoped for isn't going to happen.
bogtrotter

Postby George » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Guest wrote:Apparently Waldo is not normally a complainer.

:whistle:

There is nowt she will not whinge about
George

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:08 am

I find waldos character pretty attractive. She comes across as a beautiful lady.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah, just like there wasn't going to be another general election before 2020 :gigglesnshit:

In other news, Robin of Poxy is trying to outdo NetNut in the bollocks poll stakes :roll:

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If the country is in a potential state of emergency then I'm sure that A50 can be postponed.

It's time for this vanity to end.

After passing articles 11 and 13 the EU can fuck right off. As bad as the Tories in trying to control the internet.

Postby Dinkydoobie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:06 pm

bogtrotter wrote:Article 50 can be postponed in readiness for a referendum on any final deal.

As I've said time and time again, the Brexit you hoped for isn't going to happen.

Only if the EU unanimously agrees to extend it otherwise once the two years are up we either take whatever deal there is or leave without one.
Dinkydoobie

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive