Your Latest Purchase Which Is A Thread About Shopping.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Your Latest Purchase Which Is A Thread About Shopping.

Postby jra » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:19 am

Nucks wrote:
Cobs wrote:Wandered into a Stormfront yesterday for a charger, they were all dressed in black and looking hot to trot.
It wasn't 'on the shelves' (they have no shelves), so after an inventory search and a £20 quote I mumbled something about Argos and fucked right off.

Speaking of Argos, I used to pick up their catalog every year about this time to peruse for Christmas ideas, but this year’s is about 1 cm thick. :ooer: I realise people shop online a lot more now but I miss the giant Texas size phone book catalogs.

It's part of the 'paperless office' and 'cashless society' we were promised decades ago, but never really happened.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 am

jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Cobs wrote:Wandered into a Stormfront yesterday for a charger, they were all dressed in black and looking hot to trot.
It wasn't 'on the shelves' (they have no shelves), so after an inventory search and a £20 quote I mumbled something about Argos and fucked right off.

Speaking of Argos, I used to pick up their catalog every year about this time to peruse for Christmas ideas, but this year’s is about 1 cm thick. :ooer: I realise people shop online a lot more now but I miss the giant Texas size phone book catalogs.

It's part of the 'paperless office' and 'cashless society' we were promised decades ago, but never really happened.

They’re closing all the high street banks so it sorta is being forced on us.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Nucks wrote:

I remember being so excited as a kid looking through the Argos catalogue near Christmas.... my Mum used to pick two up, one for me and one for my brother..... that way there was no fighting over it! :laughing:
Gabby

Postby Wilson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Gabby wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I remember being so excited as a kid looking through the Argos catalogue near Christmas.... my Mum used to pick two up, one for me and one for my brother..... that way there was no fighting over it! :laughing:

Same.
Wilson

Postby Meg » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Mothercare had 20% off. I couldn't resist :bawlin:
Meg

Postby Cobs » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Meg wrote:Mothercare had 20% off. I couldn't resist :bawlin:

You went full Serena. :shake head:
Cobs

Postby Meg » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Cobs wrote:
Meg wrote:Mothercare had 20% off. I couldn't resist :bawlin:

You went full Serena. :shake head:

Tell me about it :bored:
Meg

Postby jra » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:

High street to me means including large towns and cities.

Quite a few minor branch banks have closed, no denying that.

Same with Post Offices (Royal Mail).
jra

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 pm

I went to the Carphone Warehouse today because I was bored and had an hour left on the ticket, you get the situation.

A really nice bloke called Brad or something tried to sell me a £900 phone; don't get me wrong, it was a glorious piece of clever glass but £900, really?

I bought a coffee at McGaheys and had a fag while glancing at the Twitter, metropolitan elite that I am :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:23 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Post Offices (POL) are not a part of Royal Mail. Separate company.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Stooo wrote:I went to the Carphone Warehouse today because I was bored and had an hour left on the ticket, you get the situation.

A really nice bloke called Brad or something tried to sell me a £900 phone; don't get me wrong, it was a glorious piece of clever glass but £900, really?

I bought a coffee at McGaheys and had a fag while glancing at the Twitter, metropolitan elite that I am :smilin:

Rural non-elite really isn't it?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Stooo wrote:I went to the Carphone Warehouse today because I was bored and had an hour left on the ticket, you get the situation.

Ray of Sunshine

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:

I have no idea, I have yet to see a cow.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jra » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:58 am

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:Speaking of Argos, I used to pick up their catalog every year about this time to peruse for Christmas ideas, but this year’s is about 1 cm thick. :ooer: I realise people shop online a lot more now but I miss the giant Texas size phone book catalogs.

Post Offices (POL) are not a part of Royal Mail. Separate company.

No doubt, but I don't keep track of these things (no pun intended). I've always associated Royal Mail/Post Office as essentially the same thing really. If you want to send a letter by Royal Mail registered post/next day delivery etc., you can go into a Post Office to get it done. A bit like railways stations still have the old British Rail sign outside, although most are now maintained by the separate TOCs.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms