The Twitter

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Twitter

Postby Abs » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:28 am

Stooo wrote:
Abs wrote:I have a twitter account but haven't been in there for ages, I could never figure out the tweeting thing and it seems so busy in there.

I enjoy the activist and political stuff that I do IRL and it's a bit of an extension of that. Someone that I follow politically linked to an IRL friend that I wouldn't probably have searched for, added now :thumbsup:

As usual it's an online popularity contest but in this case a cat may look at a king.

I figured so, and I don't do politics so as usual I will pop in every year or so and have a look. I have enough stuff to keep up with as it is. But I'm glad you enjoy it. :smilin:
Abs

Postby Meg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:09 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/suekichiii?lang=en&lang=en

The Bruce and Freddie posts are ace! Some from a couple of years back are collated here: https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/13/1289 ... on-figures
Meg

Postby MG2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:45 pm

A while back I had an appliance break down just out of warranty. A friend suggested I take it to twitter, which I did and got a replacement with two thirds off. Twitter's good for that.
MG2

Postby VelvetCat » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:19 pm

I use Twitter a lot to find out news about the football team I support and chat to other supporters. I also chat to a lot of people who have the same breed of dog as I've got. I also follow BBC breaking news and Sky News t to keep me up to date.

My favourite ones are @Number10Cat (a unofficial account of the cat who lives at 10 Downing Street) and @ColdwarSteve whose pictures have to be seen to be believed!

I enjoy it, and use it much, much more than facebook.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Wilson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:29 pm

I never realised just how manipulative & underhand our mainstream media was until I started using Twitter. I've witnessed so many stories unfold on Twitter then days later the press or BBC have covered them but completely misrepresented what happened.

Also JK Rowling is EVIL. Who knew?!! :kinell:
Wilson

Postby Harry Potter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Wilson wrote:I never realised just how manipulative & underhand our mainstream media was until I started using Twitter. I've witnessed so many stories unfold on Twitter then days later the press or BBC have covered them but completely misrepresented what happened.

in what respect?
Harry Potter

Postby Vam » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Wilson wrote:I never realised just how manipulative & underhand our mainstream media was until I started using Twitter. I've witnessed so many stories unfold on Twitter then days later the press or BBC have covered them but completely misrepresented what happened.

Why is JK Rowling evil (according to Twitter)? :ooer:

Belated welcome, btw. I've enjoyed reading you in the News section, fwiw.
Vam

Postby Wilson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Vam wrote:

Thanks Vam.

JK Rowling is a Sociopath who 100% believes the title her friends in the mainstream media bestowed on her "Queen of Twitter".

Her hatred for ordinary Labour supporters is quite sinister. She makes no secret of being a staunch neo-liberal Blairite and uses her platform (which is obviously enormous) to damage Labour's chances of getting into government. All while trading on her "poor single mum turned billionaire" story.
I guess the reason she angers me so much is she's in a powerful position where she could use her platform to do REAL good but she just whiles away the days trolling "cultists" online, in the smuggest, most arrogant way possible.

I remember hearing about her bullying Independence supporters around the Scottish Independence Referendum but assumed at the it was exaggerated. I know better now.
Wilson

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Wilson wrote:
Vam wrote:

Thanks Vam.

JK Rowling is a Sociopath who 100% believes the title her friends in the mainstream media bestowed on her "Queen of Twitter".

Her hatred for ordinary Labour supporters is quite sinister. She makes no secret of being a staunch neo-liberal Blairite and uses her platform (which is obviously enormous) to damage Labour's chances of getting into government. All while trading on her "poor single mum turned billionaire" story.
I guess the reason she angers me so much is she's in a powerful position where she could use her platform to do REAL good but she just whiles away the days trolling "cultists" online, in the smuggest, most arrogant way possible.

I remember hearing about her bullying Independence supporters around the Scottish Independence Referendum but assumed at the it was exaggerated. I know better now.

And she's pro People's vote and FBPE, been following her forever.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Vam wrote:

Thanks Vam.

Another reason for me to sign up and check it out.

I mean, I could always sense she's a bit precious and takes herself very seriously. But Wilson's got me really curious now.... :ooer:
Vam

Postby Wilson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Vam wrote:

Thanks Vam.

Pro austerity and pro tax loopholes for the filthy rich. She's exactly the sort of person who'll turn Remainers into Brexiters.

Her latest target has been fellow author Simon Maggin who' she's ruthlessly & falsely branded an antisemite. She has no scruples about ruining innocent people.

Sociopath.
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 am

New favourite #...
#DogsForLabour :wubbers:
In response to Chuka Umuna's horrible attack on Labour members who want wider democracy in the Labour party.
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:28 pm

My 17 year old son has just started Tweeting. It's funny watching him find his feet with it. He followed me then unfollowed me when I followed him back, cheeky git. :gigglesnshit: He's very political like me so I'm kind of proud, even though I know being a Twitter activist isn't something good parents are meant to be proud of but hey Ho!
Wilson

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Wilson wrote:My 17 year old son has just started Tweeting. It's funny watching him find his feet with it. He followed me then unfollowed me when I followed him back, cheeky git. :gigglesnshit: He's very political like me so I'm kind of proud, even though I know being a Twitter activist isn't something good parents are meant to be proud of but hey Ho!

I get the same vibe, my lad doesn't use it mainly because I'm #FBPE. I'm doing it for him! :brickwall:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Wilson » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:My 17 year old son has just started Tweeting. It's funny watching him find his feet with it. He followed me then unfollowed me when I followed him back, cheeky git. :gigglesnshit: He's very political like me so I'm kind of proud, even though I know being a Twitter activist isn't something good parents are meant to be proud of but hey Ho!

I get the same vibe, my lad doesn't use it mainly because I'm #FBPE. I'm doing it for him! :brickwall:

:gigglesnshit: No offense but a lot of those #FBPE people are awful. There's definitely an element of that group with other agendas. Not all mind, I follow a fair few.
Wilson

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms