What you up to today? #3

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today? #3

Postby Stooo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:11 pm

banana chewits wrote:
i'd be worried about tripping over that expensive looking black one if you come down the stairs in a hurry. what about those little stands you can get for them instead of hanging them on a wall bracket & damaging the neck?

Great idea!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:52 pm

I was planning to pop over to the pharmacy but it’s been chucking it down in classic Blackpool style all day.
Nucks

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:20 pm

Lovely, lazy day off to myself. Was going to start some wrapping, but cannot be bothered. May drive to the best chippy for miles for fish n chips this evening, followed by The Haunting of Hill House, which everyone is telling me is creepy, but good.
Cleopatra

Postby Frankly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 pm

Cleopatra wrote:Lovely, lazy day off to myself. Was going to start some wrapping, but cannot be bothered. May drive to the best chippy for miles for fish n chips this evening, followed by The Haunting of Hill House, which everyone is telling me is creepy, but good.

I'm going to be watching that soon. Highly recommended apparently.

I took my cat Frankie to the vets for his bi-monthly blood pressure testing. ( All okay, thankfully).

I've also been sorting through loads of old photos to upload for a Family Tree I'm having done for my Mum's xmas present.
Frankly

Postby xtras1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Cleopatra wrote:Lovely, lazy day off to myself. Was going to start some wrapping, but cannot be bothered. May drive to the best chippy for miles for fish n chips this evening, followed by The Haunting of Hill House, which everyone is telling me is creepy, but good.

I tried that show but gave up after episode 1, maybe my mind wasn't on it.. Everyone in work is talking about it :ooer:
xtras1

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 pm

xtras1 wrote:

I tried that show but gave up after episode 1, maybe my mind wasn't on it.. Everyone in work is talking about it :ooer:

I struggled with the first couple of episodes, but then I got well in to it.
NastyNickers

Postby xtras1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I struggled with the first couple of episodes, but then I got well in to it.

Oh really... I should give it another go.

I get so bored quick with some shows :laughing:
xtras1

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 pm

Today was the anniversary of my brothers death.
But I also found out my besty is having a little boy.
So a happy sad day of mostly moping.
NastyNickers

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:03 am

NastyNickers wrote:Today was the anniversary of my brothers death.

The circle of life.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 am

How bittersweet. I'm sure you miss your bro but it's nice that a new life is coming into the world.

I saw an interesting post about grief on FB of all places. It showed a circle which is the person you are when bereavement floods into your life and consumes all of you. Then it showed a bigger one encircling the original one in the centre. That represents the person you become over time after the loss and it is filled with the love of your friends and family to help you, the coping mechanisms you build, your strength of character, the experiences you go through and emerge from. The original circle, the damage of grief, never goes away and it is something you always carry but it is made smaller over time by the person you become making it manageable.

Christmas is my favourite time of year because it involves family. It will be forever tinged with sadness for me and I will raised a glass for the departed.

But that's ok as I share the love of the living and the remembrance of the dead.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Vam » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:48 am

Remember all the good stuff that went before.
Look forward to all the good stuff still to come.

:wubbers:
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:

How bittersweet. I'm sure you miss your bro but it's nice that a new life is coming into the world.

I saw an interesting post about grief on FB of all places. It showed a circle which is the person you are when bereavement floods into your life and consumes all of you. Then it showed a bigger one encircling the original one in the centre. That represents the person you become over time after the loss and it is filled with the love of your friends and family to help you, the coping mechanisms you build, your strength of character, the experiences you go through and emerge from. The original circle, the damage of grief, never goes away and it is something you always carry but it is made smaller over time by the person you become making it manageable.

Christmas is my favourite time of year because it involves family. It will be forever tinged with sadness for me and I will raised a glass for the departed.

But that's ok as I share the love of the living and the remembrance of the dead.

I think that is really accurate. That damage never does go. But somehow you find a new you.

I was saying to my friend yesterday that I’ve hit that stage now where I don’t really dwell on any of the painful memories of the last times, they don’t upset me as much. The raw, sad grief has been replaced by this kind of wishful “what would he be” feeling. He was 21, and in the 5 years he’s been gone I bet he would have grown so much. And that’s more like a deep ache of missing out.
NastyNickers

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 am

Vam wrote:

Remember all the good stuff that went before.
Look forward to all the good stuff still to come.

:wubbers:

The shopping! I can’t wait. I’m going to spoil that little boy rotten.
NastyNickers

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:53 pm

NastyNickers wrote: The raw, sad grief has been replaced by this kind of wishful “what would he be” feeling. He was 21, and in the 5 years he’s been gone I bet he would have grown so much. And that’s more like a deep ache of missing out.

For sure. All that glorious talent which won't come to fruition, all that could have been which hasn't.

I guess one of the best tributes we can make to those we have lost then is to make the fullest of our potential in the life we have to live which they did not have the opportunity to do so in their own. The dead are gone and do not have that ability. We are not.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Nucks wrote:I was planning to pop over to the pharmacy but it’s been chucking it down in classic Blackpool style all day.

But isn’t Blackpool a traditional beach resort ?

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive