What you up to today? #3

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today? #3

Postby measurer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Stooo wrote:Five minute break for a fag and some lucozade. Washing machine and tumble dryer loaded, starting on the books and cds/dvds. I want to do one main run to the new place mainly to dump all of the boxes and get things set up and plugged in. :hide:

Tip - mark every box with what the contents are inside. Saves a lot of rummaging through the other boxes looking for essentials like the kettle.
measurer

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:18 pm

measurer wrote:
Stooo wrote:Five minute break for a fag and some lucozade. Washing machine and tumble dryer loaded, starting on the books and cds/dvds. I want to do one main run to the new place mainly to dump all of the boxes and get things set up and plugged in. :hide:

Tip - mark every box with what the contents are inside. Saves a lot of rummaging through the other boxes looking for essentials like the kettle.

Done that. I plan on being in tomorrow, early start. The van has to be back at five.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Now it's the unpacking. No wonder lots of people choose not to move - it's a damned nightmare!

Bloody amazing the amount of crap you come across as you are boxing up - still, look on it as a nice fresh, clutter-free start. It'll be worth it once you are sitting in your chair with your feet up, the heating on, and a glass of wine in your hands.
measurer

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:31 pm

measurer wrote:Now it's the unpacking. No wonder lots of people choose not to move - it's a damned nightmare!

Bloody amazing the amount of crap you come across as you are boxing up - still, look on it as a nice fresh, clutter-free start. It'll be worth it once you are sitting in your chair with your feet up, the heating on, and a glass of wine in your hands.

Yeah.

I'm so fucking glad that I got those white goods through the door, I must have sounded a bit panicky last night. My lad told me that I looked like I'd been plugged into the mains for the last week :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
measurer wrote:Now it's the unpacking. No wonder lots of people choose not to move - it's a damned nightmare!

Yeah.

I'm so fucking glad that I got those white goods through the door, I must have sounded a bit panicky last night. My lad told me that I looked like I'd been plugged into the mains for the last week :ooer:

i hope you're really happy in your new place, stooo. x
banana chewits

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:38 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yeah.

Thanks Chewits, me too. It's going to be a bit weird going from the seaside to the country but be sure I'll let you all know all about it :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yeah.

Thanks Chewits, me too. It's going to be a bit weird going from the seaside to the country but be sure I'll let you all know all about it :mrgreen:

:wubbers:
banana chewits

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:41 pm

I hate seagulls.
Foxes are no problem unless you have chickens.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I hate seagulls.

I've got a main road outside, foxes are mainly a stain in the road after a few CMC lorries have laminated them into the tarmac...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Meg wrote:Right said Fred, Have to take the door off, need more space to shift the so-and-so
Had bad twinges taking off the hinges and it got us nowhere and so we had a cuppa tea and... :cuppaT:

Actually sang this out loud in the pub :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I hate seagulls.

I've got a main road outside, foxes are mainly a stain in the road after a few CMC lorries have laminated them into the tarmac...

Its lorry drivers hobby on par with flower pressing, they just use hedgehogs, foxes, badgers, cats and dogs. :pmsl:

Postby jra » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 am

Stooo wrote:

Yeah.

As the joke goes, you got the wife through the door, as in carrying her over the threshold after getting married.
jra

Postby Gabby » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:52 am

Posting from a proxy... as not in England right now :mrgreen: .... sunbathing on the beach! :Wiiiine!:
Gabby

Postby Vam » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:16 pm

jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yeah.

As the joke goes, you got the wife through the door, as in carrying her over the threshold after getting married.

There's a joke about a wife being classed as 'white goods'? :ooer:
Vam

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Vam wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yeah.

There's a joke about a wife being classed as 'white goods'? :ooer:

I know a joke about Essex girls and washing machines if anyone is interested.

Anyone? No?

I see.
Avon Barksdale

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive