Do you hate the area you live in?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Do you hate the area you live in?

Postby LordRaven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:22 pm

362636 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
362636 wrote:Nice to hear that so many live in an area they like. Sandbanks, one of my family bought an investment property there many years ago, made a tidy profit but since then prices have sky rocketed.

A friend of mine wanted me to co-purchase a two bed flat overlooking the chain ferry in sandbanks but I declined.
Fucking idiot I am!

My dad says that timing is the key. Even he got it wrong when he bought at the top and sold at the bottom as he needed money. He lost thousands but thankfully he bought a place to live inat the rock bottom prices as well and now that hoe has more than doubled since 2009.

Lucky him!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Nucks » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:26 am

LordRaven wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Daisymay wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
That sounds great, are you single? :mrgreen:

Nope ,raymondo ,though sometimes wish i was after being ''blissfully'' Married for 36 years :mrgreen:

We're thinking of moving to the seaside, you never get tired of staring at the sea.

Unless you’re in a boat and feeling queasy. :pukeup:

I have never been seasick, however I have seen friends suffer badly from it. It is not nice.
But I would still love to live near the sea, preferably Sandbanks...
https://l7.alamy.com/zooms/f2f7a3fadbbc ... b6gb3r.jpg

All subject to winning the national lottery of course :gigglesnshit:

That is lovely. :wubbers:

I wish I didn’t get seasick but I’m think it’s only on small boats or very choppy waters. Once was whale watching off the coast of Cape Breton and the second was on a glass-bottom boat to see sea turtles in Waikiki. If I knew I was going out on a boat ahead of time now I’d take some medication beforehand. Otherwise it’s hard to enjoy what should be a memorable experience.
Nucks

Postby 362636 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 am

thanks, Lord Raven. There is always an element of luck involved along with some risk taking.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:00 pm

362636 wrote:thanks, Lord Raven. There is always an element of luck involved along with some risk taking.

As well as the usual element of making stuff up.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Guest wrote:
362636 wrote:thanks, Lord Raven. There is always an element of luck involved along with some risk taking.

Unlike you the benefits scrounger. :gigglesnshit:

Postby First Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Unlike you the benefits scrounger. :gigglesnshit:

:scratch:
First Guest

Postby The Third Man Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:17 pm

I'm a benefit scrounger but, unlike Lucy, I don't continually live in a crazy but ultimately deadly dull fantasy world. eyebrow
The Third Man Guest

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 pm

The Third Man Guest wrote:I'm a benefit scrounger but, unlike Lucy, I don't continually live in a crazy but ultimately deadly dull fantasy world. eyebrow

The term benefits scrounger is pretty disgusting, there are so many people who have been unfortunate and have no choice.
But then again there are those who take the piss and will do anything to dodge working for a living.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:58 pm

LordRaven wrote:
The Third Man Guest wrote:I'm a benefit scrounger but, unlike Lucy, I don't continually live in a crazy but ultimately deadly dull fantasy world. eyebrow

The term benefits scrounger is pretty disgusting, there are so many people who have been unfortunate and have no choice.
But then again there are those who take the piss and will do anything to dodge working for a living.

Who would want to 'scrounge' £70 a week by choice? :shake head:

The real scroungers are the politicians who get a decent wage but claim for all in sundry through expenses. The term 'benefit scrounger' only holds water with low IQ disgusting Daily Mail reading vermin RW gammon/cap doffing scum!!!!

Postby Diverting Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Guest wrote:Who would want to 'scrounge' £70 a week by choice? :shake head:

The real scroungers are the politicians who get a decent wage but claim for all in sundry through expenses. The term 'benefit scrounger' only holds water with low IQ disgusting Daily Mail reading vermin RW gammon/cap doffing scum!!!!

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/108 ... r-w-gammon
Diverting Guest

Postby jra » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:57 am

Nucks wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Daisymay wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Daisymay wrote:I love where i live ,in a Coastal Village ,and my Cul-de-sac only has 8 houses ,and in the Winter ,when we only have the odd Tourist it's heaven to have the empty beach and wild sea almost to ones-self

That sounds great, are you single? :mrgreen:

Nope ,raymondo ,though sometimes wish i was after being ''blissfully'' Married for 36 years :mrgreen:

We're thinking of moving to the seaside, you never get tired of staring at the sea.

Apparently seasickness isn't a problem if you're in small boats from a very young age. In my case before I could even walk.

As for where I live. I don't hate it, but neither do I love it. It's dead handy for London though. Pretty good transport connections all round. Train, bus, coach, plane etc.

Luckily for me, I had things work the right way around.

I lived in the countryside near the coast when I was a child and moved to large towns when I was an adult (for the social scene, education and work). At the moment I'd find it too boring living in a small village, even by the coast, as I've seen it, done it, got the t-shit and read the book. Also, I don't want to have to be dependent on a car. I do miss the countryside, seaside views though, but at least I've got a lot of found memories.

As for later in life, St. Albans would be a possibility or Dartmouth on the south Devon coast. The trouble is getting the money together, as both places are very expensive to live if you want to be a homeowner in terms of buying a property.

Time will tell.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:13 am

Nucks wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Daisymay wrote:

I have never been seasick, however I have seen friends suffer badly from it. It is not nice.

I wish I didn’t get seasick but I’m think it’s only on small boats or very choppy waters. Once was whale watching off the coast of Cape Breton and the second was on a glass-bottom boat to see sea turtles in Waikiki. If I knew I was going out on a boat ahead of time now I’d take some medication beforehand. Otherwise it’s hard to enjoy what should be a memorable experience.

The thing is obviously with small boats they react much more with the sea than ferries and cruise liners for example. To be honest, as I haven't been in a small boat for a very long time, I might start to suffer from seasickness. The worst conditions for getting seasickness is what is known as a confused sea and can be very dangerous. This is where you get waves coming from two different (or more) directions.

This is an extreme example.

Incredible video - fishing boats in rough sea

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGSMmenPDM

My dad taught me from a very young age. If you take risks with the sea, it will kill you. Mother nature will prevail in other words.
jra

Postby rollupnotloggedin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am

jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:

The thing is obviously with small boats they react much more with the sea than ferries and cruise liners for example. To be honest, as I haven't been in a small boat for a very long time, I might start to suffer from seasickness. The worst conditions for getting seasickness is what is known as a confused sea and can be very dangerous. This is where you get waves coming from two different (or more) directions.

This is an extreme example.

Incredible video - fishing boats in rough sea

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGSMmenPDM

My dad taught me from a very young age. If you take risks with the sea, it will kill you. Mother nature will prevail in other words.

We are part of mother nature.
This separating ourselves out to make the environment something separate from us humans probably has a lot to do with the mess we're making of it all.
We are mother nature we are the environment as much as the mice the bears the trees.
rollupnotloggedin

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 am

What a load of tosh, the earth will go on without us, just as it did after the dinosaurs, no matter if we are here are not. It makes me laugh when people call it our planet because in geological terms we have been here for just a fraction of time. Oil is derived from sea creatures in shallow seas that dried up and were then buried and crushed through subduction billions of years ago and I am betting 7 billion humans will make a wonderful stew for energy purposes for whatever is around to use it millions of years from now. We might disappear but the earth will go on.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 am

LordRaven wrote:What a load of tosh, the earth will go on without us, just as it did after the dinosaurs, no matter if we are here are not. It makes me laugh when people call it our planet because in geological terms we have been here for just a fraction of time. Oil is derived from sea creatures in shallow seas that dried up and were then buried and crushed through subduction billions of years ago and I am betting 7 billion humans will make a wonderful stew for energy purposes for whatever is around to use it millions of years from now. We might disappear but the earth will go on.

Who are you replying to?
Has someone said the world will end without us or re you just not understanding what you're reading again?
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms