Bucket List

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Bucket List

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:03 pm

I’ll make you tea if you survive the sandwich.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Cobs wrote:
From the BBC archive:

Dear Jim'll Fix it.

Can you fix it for me to become an admin on an internet forum when they invent them. When i grow up i want to be an overbearing presence on a small board with 20-30 regular users and by being an authoritarian arsehole I hope to cut that in half and instigate a cliquey ethos of arselickers against the ban fodder. Also i want to use my position of unparalleled power to flirt with the targets of my affection.

Yours Hobbitfeet Aged 7 3/4

Guess who?
Typos removed lol :mrgreen: :cuppaT:

Reads like someone who’d name themselves after a staircase in Ukraine :again?:

Go on, tell Stooo how easy it was to stop smoking, as ever, always in awe of you and your omnipotence. :yikes:

Postby Shit sandwich » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:I’ll make you tea if you survive the sandwich.
He’d love your sandwiches Lady Muck, washed down with polonium tea.
Shit sandwich

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Go on, tell Stooo how easy it was to stop smoking, as ever, always in awe of you and your omnipotence. :yikes:

Errrrr. What? :ooer:
NastyNickers

Postby Nice Drawers » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:47 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:

Errrrr. What? :ooer:

Hi NN, what’s happening tonight with you?
Nice Drawers

Postby Nucks » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:06 am

Wilson wrote:I had a conversation about this with a woman who was terminally ill. She used to have a bucket list but it went out the window when she was diagnosed and all she cared about was spending as much time as possible with loved ones and knowing her life had made others lives better. Although she was well enough to do them, things like travelling the world seemed like a pointless, self indulgent waste of her time.

While I hope to travel more & enjoy life I think she had a point. We shouldn't be measuring the quality of our lives by the amount of stuff we've done for ourselves.

It is obviously called that from the phrase ‘kick the bucket’, but the term bucket list might mean different things to different people, depending on where you’re at in life. When someone is on their deathbed, of course they’re going to concentrate on family, you’ve probably been told you have a finite amount of time left. I was thinking more about if I suddenly inherited a lot of money or won a lottery and could afford to do things I’ve always thought of doing. Not that everything on my list involves money, it can also be about time and opportunity and sometimes courage. And it’s okay to be kind to ourselves.
Nucks

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Bella wrote:I'm a bit out of sorts , friends are off too NY tomorrow and we are left left waiting on what to do re cancer stuff :bawlin:
I'm thinking somewhere like Seville for a few days, a bit of sun etc before the treatment.

It will be Castara in Tobago, my ultimate wish :smilin: Best place ever ! Hoping we might make it again.

But just wanting to get a time line at the moment for this cancer thing, it seems never ending. (OH , Prostate cancer )

Bella, having been in the same position you are in atm, I truly feel for you, I so can imagine how your nerves must be stretched to the limit right now, I hope everything works out for the best as it very often does. Never underestimate possitive thinking. Sending you all my best wishes and love xx
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:53 pm

@Bella

Just popping in to echo Holly's post to you above.

Take care xx
McAz

Postby Jobless Oddball » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:03 pm

BUDGIE wrote:Anyway my goal is Japan. Thats next.

Sumo?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :gigglesnshit:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:19 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
I think I love you.

Virtually 24/7??

Without sleep????

I'm a fucking MACHINE, bitch!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl:

Gentle viewer, please do not put 'fucking machine' into a google search...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:I had a conversation about this with a woman who was terminally ill. She used to have a bucket list but it went out the window when she was diagnosed and all she cared about was spending as much time as possible with loved ones and knowing her life had made others lives better. Although she was well enough to do them, things like travelling the world seemed like a pointless, self indulgent waste of her time.

While I hope to travel more & enjoy life I think she had a point. We shouldn't be measuring the quality of our lives by the amount of stuff we've done for ourselves.

It is obviously called that from the phrase ‘kick the bucket’, but the term bucket list might mean different things to different people, depending on where you’re at in life. When someone is on their deathbed, of course they’re going to concentrate on family, you’ve probably been told you have a finite amount of time left. I was thinking more about if I suddenly inherited a lot of money or won a lottery and could afford to do things I’ve always thought of doing. Not that everything on my list involves money, it can also be about time and opportunity and sometimes courage. And it’s okay to be kind to ourselves.

It does to me, and I don't necessarily associate the term with an 'end of life' hypothesis.

Like many of us, I've been blessed to have travelled very extensively. There's really nowhere left I'd still like to go explore.

My personal 'bucket' contains just one wish - to move to a city I fell head over heels in love with, on both times I've been on extended visits there.

Vancouver :wubbers: ...maybe one day... :smilin:
Vam

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Vam wrote:
Nucks wrote:

It does to me, and I don't necessarily associate the term with an 'end of life' hypothesis.

Like many of us, I've been blessed to have travelled very extensively. There's really nowhere left I'd still like to go explore.

My personal 'bucket' contains just one wish - to move to a city I fell head over heels in love with, on both times I've been on extended visits there.

Vancouver :wubbers: ...maybe one day... :smilin:

Never been but friends say it's amazing
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby BUDGIE » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Anyway my goal is Japan. Thats next.

Sumo?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :gigglesnshit:

I'll be diggers manager..
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby BUDGIE » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Stooo wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:
I think I love you.

Virtually 24/7??

Without sleep????

I created this site for Lenonelemi aka digger!

Check it out! :thumbsup: my dox are here too :thumbsup:

Spoiler: show
http://lemonparty.fr
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:39 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
Stooo wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:
I think I love you.

Virtually 24/7??

Without sleep????

I created this site for Lenonelemi aka digger!

Check it out! :thumbsup: my dox are here too :thumbsup:

Spoiler: show
http://lemonparty.fr

Apparently, some bastard is pasting lemonparty stuff on the bus stops around here along with the 'Bollocks To Brexit' stuff.

There's some shitbags around...
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms