Bucket List

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Bucket List

Postby Bella » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:.....

I Think you would get on well with my Oh , his only dream at moment is having a motor home. He might have to sell a few vehicles first... Riley pathfinder, Austin 10, horrible white van, and Belingo thing.

I have my own , not up for sale.
Bella

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Stooo wrote:Some of you may have missed the fact that I'm moving to fresh fields and pastures new, I've tried to keep it quiet.

Due to sealed floors downstairs I am in the market for a new mop and bucket combo, any recommendation are gratefully received :smilin:

Hire a cleaning lady :dunno:

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:Slide the cat up and down the floors. That will sort the dust/fluff out :thumbsup:

Admittedly the cat might rip your arms off in revenge :ooer:

Three swipes and he's down to the bone!

:yikes:

Good luck with the move. Btw, I left you a little housewarming pressie in the '...Drama' thread earlier. I know it's something you really really want :mrgreen:

The big telly? I'm sticking to my guns. I have a corner under the stairs where I've got room for a couple of screens and a really easy route for the HDMI cable. Audio out to an amp and speakers is a piece of piss, broadcast TV is finished... :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I remember a week of R&R after training with the yanks in Fort Lewis Washington State, a load of us got a Winnebago and headed to Seattle and took a sharp left and headed south toward San Francisco.
We had several stops at night time on the way down and went on the lash and on arrival in SF we ended up at Fishermans Wharf parked up and had a great time.
On the way back we went through the Giant Redwood park and that was awesome.
There is a lot to be said for road trips.

We call people like you a ‘story topper’ round our way. If you say you’ve done, or are going to do something, you’ve already done it or done it better...

You've never been called a story topper have you Dean :pmsl:

Postby Vam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:Slide the cat up and down the floors. That will sort the dust/fluff out :thumbsup:

Good luck with the move. Btw, I left you a little housewarming pressie in the '...Drama' thread earlier. I know it's something you really really want :mrgreen:

The big telly? I'm sticking to my guns. I have a corner under the stairs where I've got room for a couple of screens and a really easy route for the HDMI cable. Audio out to an amp and speakers is a piece of piss, broadcast TV is finished... :NAA:

:ooer: .... :off head: .... :snooty:
Vam

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:

:ooer: .... :off head: .... :snooty:

Thanks though, that screen is bigger than my front room :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I remember a week of R&R after training with the yanks in Fort Lewis Washington State, a load of us got a Winnebago and headed to Seattle and took a sharp left and headed south toward San Francisco.
We had several stops at night time on the way down and went on the lash and on arrival in SF we ended up at Fishermans Wharf parked up and had a great time.
On the way back we went through the Giant Redwood park and that was awesome.
There is a lot to be said for road trips.

We call people like you a ‘story topper’ round our way. If you say you’ve done, or are going to do something, you’ve already done it or done it better...

You've never been called a story topper have you Dean :pmsl:

Correct Guesty.
Dean

Postby jra » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Travelling.

Outside of democratic Europe, the only places I would consider going to are the USA, Canada, New Zealand and Japan.

I wouldn't mind going back to the Lake District out of season, because both times I was there last, it was raining most of the time.

Scotland. I've never managed to make it there, yet it's so easy from where I live, e.g. from Stevenage for the ECML, and Milton Keynes for the WCML. A bit embarrassing really.

Towns/cities in the UK. Edinburgh, York, Durham. Again, oop north.

The Science and Natural History museums, London.

The National Rail Museum (York).

Travel on a class 91 train before they are phased out, by the class 800 Azumas.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

jra wrote:Travelling.

Outside of democratic Europe, the only places I would consider going to are the USA, Canada, New Zealand and Japan.

I wouldn't mind going back to the Lake District out of season, because both times I was there last, it was raining most of the time.

Scotland. I've never managed to make it there, yet it's so easy from where I live, e.g. from Stevenage for the ECML, and Milton Keynes for the WCML. A bit embarrassing really.

The lake district gets its lakes from .....
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Perhaps he should stop going in the rainy season?

Postby jra » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Smart Alec. It rains a lot in south Wales as well, but they aren't that many lakes. It's simply down to the topography of the land.
jra

Postby Lucy VeryTasty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:03 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Smart Alec. It rains a lot in south Wales as well, but they aren't that many lakes. It's simply down to the topography of the land.
Check the long range weather forecast before you go to the lakes again.
Lucy VeryTasty

Postby jra » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Lucy VeryTasty wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Of course, not that UK weather is particularly predicable, anything but, even nowadays.

This was in the 1980's. It wasn't so easy in those days. I didn't even have a TV at the time, let alone internet access.

Anyway, it only cost £10 to get there and back on one occasion from Swindon.

It was a promotion by British Rail that you could get a return ticket to anywhere on the BR network called Mad March Fares, either for a fiver or a tenner depending on how far you were going. Plus, we stayed at youth hostels (YHA) which were cheap as chips in those days, if you were prepared to rough it a bit.

It was worth taking the risk.

I've been hill walking all day when it's been pissing down, but as I had the right equipment and clothing it wasn't that big a deal.

ETA. The younger generation are pampered these days, like little babies, with modern technology. I and others my age managed just fine without the internet, mobile phones, PCs and all the other technology stuff. A mobile phone back in the 80's was a red telephone box.

We still got things done though by planning in advance.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:52 pm

jra wrote:
Lucy VeryTasty wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Of course, not that UK weather is particularly predicable, anything but, even nowadays.

This was in the 1980's. It wasn't so easy in those days. I didn't even have a TV at the time, let alone internet access.

It was a promotion by British Rail that you could get a return ticket to anywhere on the BR network called Mad March Fares, either for a fiver or a tenner depending on how far you were going. Plus, we stayed at youth hostels (YHA) which were cheap as chips in those days, if you were prepared to rough it a bit.

I've been hill walking all day when it's been pissing down, but as I had the right equipment and clothing it wasn't that big a deal.

I used to love popping up to the Lake District.
In the early eighties it started getting just a bit too packed out for my liking.
It's close to Manchester though which doesn't help.
Last time I went it was packed with Japanese and Chinese tourists.
My wife who had never been asked me to take her and I said it's a beautiful place.
We got there and it wasn't so beautiful to me anymore.Th simple reason being I had now been living in Wales a fair time and it's very different.
Lots of bleak stone walls in Cumbria where in Wales there's lots of trees and hedgerows.
Huge difference to my eye.
I'm biased though as I love North Wales.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Lucy VeryTasty wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The lake district gets its lakes from .....

I used to love popping up to the Lake District.
In the early eighties it started getting just a bit too packed out for my liking.
It's close to Manchester though which doesn't help.
Last time I went it was packed with Japanese and Chinese tourists.
My wife who had never been asked me to take her and I said it's a beautiful place.
We got there and it wasn't so beautiful to me anymore.Th simple reason being I had now been living in Wales a fair time and it's very different.
Lots of bleak stone walls in Cumbria where in Wales there's lots of trees and hedgerows.
Huge difference to my eye.
I'm biased though as I love North Wales.

I agree with you on Wales, especially mid, north and the Gower Peninsula. Funnily enough I was living in Salford at the other time I went to the Lake District. One one occasion I went, it was packed with Yanks. North Wales at the time was much less touristy.

Another one for the bucket list maybe. Pembrokeshire Coast Path, though of course I've seen very similar scenery in Devon and Cornwall.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms