Bucket List

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Bucket List

Postby Dean » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:34 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I remember a week of R&R after training with the yanks in Fort Lewis Washington State, a load of us got a Winnebago and headed to Seattle and took a sharp left and headed south toward San Francisco.
We had several stops at night time on the way down and went on the lash and on arrival in SF we ended up at Fishermans Wharf parked up and had a great time.
On the way back we went through the Giant Redwood park and that was awesome.
There is a lot to be said for road trips.

We call people like you a ‘story topper’ round our way. If you say you’ve done, or are going to do something, you’ve already done it or done it better...

Hi Dean, I mentioned this particular trip a few years back on here. The Winnebago was in poor condition on our arrival back in Tacoma and we did not get our deposit back as there was petrol in the water tank, the bathroom door was lying on the floor and we had a large dent to the right side of the vehicle.
Big Tree in the Redwood Park was a sight to see, as was Mount Shasta from a distance and the bar we went to on Fishermans Wharf was called Silhouettes --such things are hard to forget. We made stops in places such as Portland, Redding and Yuba City (talk about Hicksville, the place was a real one horse town). Is there anything else you'd like to know?

I cannot think that that trip will top Rollup's planned journey because there are many amazing places to go in Britain and I am somewhat envious of his having the time to go on such a great adventure tbh.
I am of the opinion that he will have a great time.

None of that happened... :roll:
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I remember a week of R&R after training with the yanks in Fort Lewis Washington State, a load of us got a Winnebago and headed to Seattle and took a sharp left and headed south toward San Francisco.
We had several stops at night time on the way down and went on the lash and on arrival in SF we ended up at Fishermans Wharf parked up and had a great time.

We call people like you a ‘story topper’ round our way. If you say you’ve done, or are going to do something, you’ve already done it or done it better...

Hi Dean, I mentioned this particular trip a few years back on here. The Winnebago was in poor condition on our arrival back in Tacoma and we did not get our deposit back as there was petrol in the water tank, the bathroom door was lying on the floor and we had a large dent to the right side of the vehicle.
Big Tree in the Redwood Park was a sight to see, as was Mount Shasta from a distance and the bar we went to on Fishermans Wharf was called Silhouettes --such things are hard to forget. We made stops in places such as Portland, Redding and Yuba City (talk about Hicksville, the place was a real one horse town). Is there anything else you'd like to know?

I cannot think that that trip will top Rollup's planned journey because there are many amazing places to go in Britain and I am somewhat envious of his having the time to go on such a great adventure tbh.

I guess being stuck in a bedsit on the internet makes you a tad jealous.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dean » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:39 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:

Is that why you make up stories? :dunno:
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:

Is that why you make up stories? :dunno:

They are called memories Dean :cuppaT:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Some of you may have missed the fact that I'm moving to fresh fields and pastures new, I've tried to keep it quiet.

Due to sealed floors downstairs I am in the market for a new mop and bucket combo, any recommendation are gratefully received :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Vileda make the best. Get the one that spins the mop for you - all u do is dunk it in the bucket and it does the squeezing of the water. I'd rather have a floor steamer tbh...
measurer

Postby Nucks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:01 pm

I use one of these, I highly recommend it, minimal water on the floor if you’re worried about wood flooring.

http://media.4rgos.it/i/Argos/2468688_R ... ultPDP570$

It’s a Vax Steam Mop, around the £50-£70 price range, so more expensive than a mop/bucket type, but well worth it.
Nucks

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Attachments
campermetal.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Attachments
campfire-cooking-FI.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Stooo wrote:Some of you may have missed the fact that I'm moving to fresh fields and pastures new, I've tried to keep it quiet.

Due to sealed floors downstairs I am in the market for a new mop and bucket combo, any recommendation are gratefully received :smilin:

American?
Bit large but they last ages and you get a good squeeze out with that mechanical thing.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Nucks wrote:I use one of these, I highly recommend it, minimal water on the floor if you’re worried about wood flooring.

http://media.4rgos.it/i/Argos/2468688_R ... ultPDP570$

It’s a Vax Steam Mop, around the £50-£70 price range, so more expensive than a mop/bucket type, but well worth it.

That looks like the sort of thing that I'm looking for, My Henry can deal with the fluff and that should just clean the boards.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm

Slide the cat up and down the floors. That will sort the dust/fluff out :thumbsup:

Admittedly the cat might rip your arms off in revenge :ooer:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:Slide the cat up and down the floors. That will sort the dust/fluff out :thumbsup:

Three swipes and he's down to the bone!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Stooo wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:Slide the cat up and down the floors. That will sort the dust/fluff out :thumbsup:

Three swipes and he's down to the bone!

:yikes:

Good luck with the move. Btw, I left you a little housewarming pressie in the '...Drama' thread earlier. I know it's something you really really want :mrgreen:
Vam

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms