Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

A right load of bollocks...

Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Holly » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 pm

I often wonder why people are so mean and spiteful...Why are so many of us happy so see others humiliated or in pain?
Not to make myself look any better, I also sometimes feel quite cocky and satisfied when some arsehole is trying to get one over me but is failing big time....but why are we so pleased to see our "enemies" losing? Why do we enjoy watching weaker people being embarrassed or put down? At the end of the day we are all just human with similar or various other problems. No one wants to be hurt, so why do we do it to others?
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Vam » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Because we think some people deserve it?

It's a bit like movies/TV shows - we get a little thrill when the villain gets owned.
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 16480
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Holly » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Vam wrote:Because we think some people deserve it?

It's a bit like movies/TV shows - we get a little thrill when the villain gets owned.



I suppose you are right. I'm no angel either tbh...I say things on impulse but regret it later. I don't think anyone's a villain here, except maybe a couple or three who were born arseholes.
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby BUDGIE » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Name and shame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people enjoy it? Oh I don't know, I suppose its the same as implying you can dox someone with a subtle picture?

Wee power trip maybe?
User avatar
BUDGIE
What the fuck?
 
Posts: 25944
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 pm
Location: Renfrew road, Paisley

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Holly » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:12 pm

BUDGIE wrote:Name and shame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people enjoy it? Oh I don't know, I suppose its the same as implying you can dox someone with a subtle picture?

Wee power trip maybe?



WTF are you talking about you paranoid idiot??? :off head:


...that's me being mean :mrgreen:
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby BUDGIE » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Holly wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Name and shame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people enjoy it? Oh I don't know, I suppose its the same as implying you can dox someone with a subtle picture?

Wee power trip maybe?



WTF are you talking about you paranoid idiot??? :off head:


And here we go :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Paranoid???? So that's not my picture on CM and Digger's not talking about posting more??

Yeah, I'm paranoid alright.... :pmsl:

Anyhow nice to see you too!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:
User avatar
BUDGIE
What the fuck?
 
Posts: 25944
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 pm
Location: Renfrew road, Paisley

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby BUDGIE » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:15 pm

You edited your post. That's not fair, you bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll edit mine. Just thought I'd say I'm back temporarily catching up on the abuse :trollface:
User avatar
BUDGIE
What the fuck?
 
Posts: 25944
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 pm
Location: Renfrew road, Paisley

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Holly » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:20 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
Holly wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Name and shame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people enjoy it? Oh I don't know, I suppose its the same as implying you can dox someone with a subtle picture?

Wee power trip maybe?



WTF are you talking about to paranoid idiot??? :off head:


And here we go :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Paranoid???? So that's not my picture on CM and Digger's not talking about posting more??

Yeah, I'm paranoid alright.... :pmsl:

Anyhow nice to see you too!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:


What does your pic being posted on CM have to do with me??? I didn't post them. Why accuse me of doxing you? I mean WTF? :dunno:
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 pm

BUDGIE wrote:Name and shame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people enjoy it? Oh I don't know, I suppose its the same as implying you can dox someone with a subtle picture?

Wee power trip maybe?





How was the picture going to dox you?
It just shows what a fat lying bastard you are who lives in a fantasy world.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby BUDGIE » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 pm

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you actually read what I said???

Where did I accuse you of doxing me???? And where did I say it was you????

I think we've started off on the wrong fucking foot. You flew off the handle for no reason....

Jeez.....

I've got so good at trolling I don't even need to fucking make two posts these days!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Friday yet???
User avatar
BUDGIE
What the fuck?
 
Posts: 25944
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 pm
Location: Renfrew road, Paisley

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm

BUDGIE wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you actually read what I said???

Where did I accuse you of doxing me???? And where did I say it was you????

I think we've started off on the wrong fucking foot. You flew off the handle for no reason....

Jeez.....

I've got so good at trolling I don't even need to fucking make two posts these days!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Friday yet???





No, you're really not any good at trolling. You seem to be fairly good at eating all the pies though!
The last time you spoke to woman, you said Pie and chips twice.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 pm

BUDGIE wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you actually read what I said???

Where did I accuse you of doxing me???? And where did I say it was you????

I think we've started off on the wrong fucking foot. You flew off the handle for no reason....

Jeez.....

I've got so good at trolling I don't even need to fucking make two posts these days!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Friday yet???






Why not post a picture of yourself with your head covered (you could use a paper bag) and something to signify it's you the days newspaper. You could finally shut digger up and show the forum you're not a fat c**t. Of course failure to do so would confirm it is you and you are an obese loser !
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:29 pm

Guest wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you actually read what I said???

Where did I accuse you of doxing me???? And where did I say it was you????

I think we've started off on the wrong fucking foot. You flew off the handle for no reason....

Jeez.....

I've got so good at trolling I don't even need to fucking make two posts these days!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Friday yet???






Why not post a picture of yourself with your head covered (you could use a paper bag) and something to signify it's you the days newspaper. You could finally shut digger up and show the forum you're not a fat c**t. Of course failure to do so would confirm it is you and you are an obese loser !


You lining up a new guest avi? :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 7043
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby measurer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Vam wrote:Because we think some people deserve it?

It's a bit like movies/TV shows - we get a little thrill when the villain gets owned.


I think that is bred into us by schools, tv, media, etc., etc.

Sure I have a laugh at some of the crap flung around here, but I also think there's a line you shouldn't cross. What you give out, you get back, so I try not to be nasty, but I am human and have faults like all the rest. I don't feel the need to purposely hurt people as I know how it feels, as do most of you.
There is banter and ragging, but when it's about people's RL's, then I consider that extreme and uncalled for.
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11943
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Why are we so mean to others and enjoy it?

Postby xtras1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Holly wrote:I often wonder why people are so mean and spiteful...Why are so many of us happy so see others humiliated or in pain?
Not to make myself look any better, I also sometimes feel quite cocky and satisfied when some arsehole is trying to get one over me but is failing big time....but why are we so pleased to see our "enemies" losing? Why do we enjoy watching weaker people being embarrassed or put down? At the end of the day we are all just human with similar or various other problems. No one wants to be hurt, so why do we do it to others?




Good question... if you are mean to someone because they may have not been nice to you is sort of ok. But when it's day in day out with different posters like Dean is for instance then they have issues, probably a loner missing out in life & only has forums to vent. Enjoy seeing others jump on the band wagon adds to their already massive ego.
User avatar
xtras1
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: .SF., Google [Bot] and 18 guests