Here's the deal

A right load of bollocks...

Here's the deal

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 am

If any of you members and guests want a busy forum then fucking post, don't wait till someone's got the guts and starts with some shit so you can join in... It's always the same, many of you are just waiting for something to happen but are not prepared to make the first move.
WTF are you all waiting for? Get on with it or we will have a very boring forum :srs?:
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Here's the deal

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 am

Holly wrote:If any of you members and guests want a busy forum then fucking post, don't wait till someone's got the guts and starts with some shit so you can join in... It's always the same, many of you are just waiting for something to happen but are not prepared to make the first move.
WTF are you all waiting for? Get on with it or we will have a very boring forum :srs?:

I put a toe in the water... :Lucia:

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Lol, telling people off and swearing at them is really going to help! :pmsl:

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Guest wrote:Lol, telling people off and swearing at them is really going to help! :pmsl:

Oh I don't know, pandering to the Moaning Minnie twats on here would try the patience of a saint. Which How Hgher are you? #askngforafriend :wubbers: :wubwub:

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Guest wrote:Lol, telling people off and swearing at them is really going to help! :pmsl:

I'd say lecturing people about why the forum is boring is a bit rich coming from someone who has taken to abusing their power by banning one of the regulars on a whim because of a personal beef.

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Pandering? Oh really?

I came online to a free for all of slagging off others, which had nothing to do with the thread title, so I locked it. Sick of people trying to tell us how we should moderate. You don't like it? Then apply to moderate here, then see how you would handle it.
The malliciousness of "guest" posters has to be seen to be believed, and I locked the thread because it was escalating into a free for all.
measurer

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:04 pm

measurer wrote:Pandering? Oh really?

I came online to a free for all of slagging off others, which had nothing to do with the thread title, so I locked it. Sick of people trying to tell us how we should moderate. You don't like it? Then apply to moderate here, then see how you would handle it.
The malliciousness of "guest" posters has to be seen to be believed, and I locked the thread because it was escalating into a free for all.

I'd say the moderation on the whole is very good.

But it's irritating that Dean had justifiable bans overturned a while back and now Vam is getting banned simply because a mod has decided she's her enemy and wants to shut her up. That's not on.

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:10 pm

As Vam too has had them overturned, and she has been warned not to slag off admin - and from what I have read, that's exactly what she did to Holly. I think Holly was justified in banning her this time.

The posts that come in about Vam are numerous and sick, and we do disapprove a lot of them, but that is the same for a lot of members, but just because you are a member does not mean that you are exempt from receiving those types of posts. If the post is factual and isn't going too far, of course it is let through - this is a venting forum after all!

Vam should have directed her anger towards the baghead who made the post - NOT Holly, simple as that. This is an unpaid role, done to help the forum. I think people forget that..
measurer

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:20 pm

measurer wrote:As Vam has had them overturned, and she has been warned not to slag off admin - and from what I have read, that's exactly what she did to Holly. I think Holly was justified in banning her this time.

The posts that come in about Vam are numerous and sick, and we do disapprove a lot of them, but that is the same for a lot of members, but just because you are a member does not mean that you are exempt from receiving those types of posts. If the post is factual and isn't going too far, of course it is let through - this is a venting forum after all!

Vam should have directed her anger towards the baghead who made the post - NOT Holly, simple as that. This is an unpaid role, done to help the forum. I think people forget that..

Vam and Holly have a personal beef. It's been 50/50.

I get that the mods have to stick together but Holly has used her mod power several times to shut up her 'enemy'. That's not right.

Holly has chosen to get into a back and forth with Vam. That's fine. But don't resort to using mod powers to 'win'. That's below the belt.

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:25 pm

No, a truce had been called, but then Vam took exception to a Guest post aimed at her, and that is when she went off at Holly.

As I have said - ALL of us get posts we don't like but as mods, we try to keep them down to simmering discontent. There was no need to jump on Holly for that post and as Holly explained, no one is exempt from guest posts.
measurer

Postby Voice of Reason » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:As Vam has had them overturned, and she has been warned not to slag off admin - and from what I have read, that's exactly what she did to Holly. I think Holly was justified in banning her this time.

I get that the mods have to stick together but Holly has used her mod power several times to shut up her 'enemy'. That's not right.

Holly has chosen to get into a back and forth with Vam. That's fine. But don't resort to using mod powers to 'win'. That's below the belt.

Bullshit. If any other member told an admin to fuck off multiple times for weeks now and went on to further threaten them that they have some dirt on them that they will ‘spill’ they would be perma banned.

She’s been warned several times and Holly has been more than decent to her but Vam can not control her temper. Her accusations again her recently were asking for a ban. She’s out of control.
Voice of Reason

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:32 pm

measurer wrote:No, a truce had been called, but then Vam took exception to a Guest post aimed at her, and that is when she went off at Holly.

As I have said - ALL of us get posts we don't like but as mods, we try to keep them down to simmering discontent. There was no need to jump on Holly for that post and as Holly explained, no one is exempt from guest posts.

Doesn't justify a one week ban. Doesn't justify all the previous kneejerk bans either.

I cant be the only person who thinks Holly is using her mod powers to shut down someone she has a beef with.

Dean used to follow you around the forum trolling you. You simply replied in kind and showed he wasn't getting to you. You didn't resort to shutting him up by dishing out numerous bans.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:Pandering? Oh really?

I'd say the moderation on the whole is very good.

But it's irritating that Dean had justifiable bans overturned a while back and now Vam is getting banned simply because a mod has decided she's her enemy and wants to shut her up. That's not on.

What a load of horse shit. How dare you blame Holly for Vams foul mouthed rants.

Vams used to sucking up to mods but look how quickly she turns on Holly when she doesn’t pander to her or give her special treatment.

Many members get far worse abuse on here than Vam and don’t moan like she does. They certainly don’t abuse admin like she does either.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Guest wrote:

it wasn't 50/50, Holly more often than not played the bait and ban game and that's below the belt too

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:No, a truce had been called, but then Vam took exception to a Guest post aimed at her, and that is when she went off at Holly.

Doesn't justify a one week ban. Doesn't justify all the previous kneejerk bans either.

I cant be the only person who thinks Holly is using her mod powers to shut down someone she has a beef with.

Dean used to follow you around the forum trolling you. You simply replied in kind and showed he wasn't getting to you. You didn't resort to shutting him up by dishing out numerous bans.

Mitt couls just as easily say that about Hobbit and Lady M. Or Keyser etc.

Vam always claimed she didn’t want special treatment but like a lot of her posts, it’s a lie.

She wants and expects special treatment yet if mods don’t fall for her initial sucking up she turns on them. Rinse and repeat.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms