What would you do?

A right load of bollocks...

What would you do?

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:25 pm

If I was able to eradicate anything, I think I would go for age related pains. I suffer from it and it's a bitch, and I suppose today's advancement in meds means we live longer, but we suffer longer too. Yes, they give you pain medication and in some cases new parts, but it's a helluva thing to deal with if constant.

What would you do if you had the power to solve something?
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11777
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: What would you do?

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:34 pm

I think I’d have to get rid of cancer. I’ve lost too many people to it.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: What would you do?

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Again another one that is usually missed because on first presentation of pain, they are given painkillers..

I'll add eradication of cancer to mine as well. People know when something is wrong with their body, doctors should listen when people say it's more than pain. :shake head:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11777
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: What would you do?

Postby Nucks » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Mental illness, in its many guises and names.
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 6223
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Re: What would you do?

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:14 pm

measurer wrote:Again another one that is usually missed because on first presentation of pain, they are given painkillers..

I'll add eradication of cancer to mine as well. People know when something is wrong with their body, doctors should listen when people say it's more than pain. :shake head:


Can we eradicate painkillers? :mrgreen:
I don’t know anyone whose been diagnosed promptly after initial visit to the docs. It’s always always after many back and forths. It fucks me off so much.
I understand it can be difficult but fucking Hell. :grrrrr:
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: What would you do?

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:16 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:Again another one that is usually missed because on first presentation of pain, they are given painkillers..

I'll add eradication of cancer to mine as well. People know when something is wrong with their body, doctors should listen when people say it's more than pain. :shake head:


Can we eradicate painkillers? :mrgreen:
I don’t know anyone whose been diagnosed promptly after initial visit to the docs. It’s always always after many back and forths. It fucks me off so much.
I understand it can be difficult but fucking Hell. :grrrrr:


Not right now - I am diagnosed and on Oramorph for pain, while I wait on a waiting list...Maybe do away with fkn waiting lists though! :grrrrr:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11777
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: What would you do?

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:21 pm

measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:Again another one that is usually missed because on first presentation of pain, they are given painkillers..

I'll add eradication of cancer to mine as well. People know when something is wrong with their body, doctors should listen when people say it's more than pain. :shake head:


Can we eradicate painkillers? :mrgreen:
I don’t know anyone whose been diagnosed promptly after initial visit to the docs. It’s always always after many back and forths. It fucks me off so much.
I understand it can be difficult but fucking Hell. :grrrrr:


Not right now - I am diagnosed and on Oramorph for pain, while I wait on a waiting list...Maybe do away with fkn waiting lists though! :grrrrr:


Tbf I’d be fucked without painkillers. I don’t take strong ones, but even narproxen can stop me falling over the edge of the pain cliff.

Do away with all lists! :mrgreen:
(But I hope your list isn’t too long and you get what you need ASAP. Painkillers are wank, pain is even wanker) :wubbers:
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: What would you do?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:29 pm

I discovered a special tree. It's an oak tree. I was really stressed and had, had the most stressful day. Not nerve shattering just stressful. I walked under this oak tree and it all dissappeared! So I would like to plant more oak trees.

That's just one thing. But I've got lots of good ideas.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What would you do?

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Guest wrote:I discovered a special tree. It's an oak tree. I was really stressed and had, had the most stressful day. Not nerve shattering just stressful. I walked under this oak tree and it all dissappeared! So I would like to plant more oak trees.

That's just one thing. But I've got lots of good ideas.


Did you hug it?
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11777
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: What would you do?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:29 pm

measurer wrote:
Guest wrote:I discovered a special tree. It's an oak tree. I was really stressed and had, had the most stressful day. Not nerve shattering just stressful. I walked under this oak tree and it all dissappeared! So I would like to plant more oak trees.

That's just one thing. But I've got lots of good ideas.


Did you hug it?

No. But I could have! Laugh as you might but the oak tree has instant calming powers. I felt it unexpectantly.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What would you do?

Postby Bella » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Nucks wrote:Mental illness, in its many guises and names.


Yes me too, after working in that area and seeing my late late bro suffer from awful bipolar.
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6742
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: What would you do?

Postby xtras1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Oh so many..


Racism

Homelessness

Child abuse

Violence

Poverty

Dementia

Pain

Jeggins/leggings!!!


False nails!! (Urgh)!

:mrgreen:
User avatar
xtras1
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Re: What would you do?

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Someone else who doesn't like false nails - yes!!! :yess:

And the rest - with you on those too.
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11777
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: What would you do?

Postby xtras1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:27 pm

measurer wrote:Someone else who doesn't like false nails - yes!!! :yess:

And the rest - with you on those too.



I just find them so tacky.. I dunno just odd.

:ooer:
User avatar
xtras1
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Re: What would you do?

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Nail polish gives me the heebee jeebees - seriously, and if it;s chipped? Even worse! Dunno where it comes from. :dunno:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11777
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests