Flu jab

A right load of bollocks...

Flu jab

Postby Nucks » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Do you get one every year?

I don’t usually but the surgery phoned and asked if I wanted one, so I’m now officially infected brainwashed inoculated. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Re: Flu jab

Postby measurer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Got mine on Saturday and arm is still sore..
measurer

Postby Sundaze » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:35 pm

I don't have it but my youngest boy gets one because of his asthma. He gets it nasally rather than an injection
Sundaze

Postby measurer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Sundaze wrote:I don't have it but my youngest boy gets one because of his asthma. He gets it nasally rather than an injection

Then that is why you have been offered it, for if you catch it, you may infect him. Carers get it too, and anyone with an elderly relative living with them as well as people who need it because of ill health.
measurer

Postby Frankly » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Yes, every year, and having just seen John McCririck on tv, everyone should have them. :yikes:

Frankly

Postby Sundaze » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:49 pm

measurer wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I don't have it but my youngest boy gets one because of his asthma. He gets it nasally rather than an injection

Then that is why you have been offered it, for if you catch it, you may infect him. Carers get it too, and anyone with an elderly relative living with them as well as people who need it because of ill health.

Ive never been offered it neither has anybody in my family, just the youngest boy
Sundaze

Postby measurer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Sundaze wrote:
measurer wrote:

Ive never been offered it neither has anybody in my family, just the youngest boy

They have extended the catchment, so because of your son, you get offered it now.
measurer

Postby Nucks » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Frankly wrote:Yes, every year, and having just seen John McCririck on tv, everyone should have them. :yikes:

I liked him in Poltergeist 2. :ooer:

Nucks

Postby measurer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Frankly wrote:Yes, every year, and having just seen John McCririck on tv, everyone should have them. :yikes:

Think there's more than flu happening with him... :ooer:
measurer

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm not sure I believe his flu story. Health professionals are pretty much railroaded into having their flu jabs. Occupational health patrol the wards with their trolley and nab you just when you're least expecting it. I don't really mind but plenty do.
Cleopatra

Postby measurer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:16 pm

I have never heard of anyone having the flu for 9 months and longer. After effects may have been a better choice of words, but looking at him? I believe there is more to his illness...
measurer

Postby Niv » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:56 pm

I had mine early September, it's a stronger one this year apparently. I had a sore arm for days, and I haven't felt 'right' since. Hopefully it'll settle soon :razz:
Niv

Postby Bessie » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:31 pm

I don't normally but I was given one on Friday because of the newly diagnosed kidney disease.
Bessie

Postby VelvetCat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Nucks wrote:Do you get one every year?

I don’t usually but the surgery phoned and asked if I wanted one, so I’m now officially infected brainwashed inoculated. :mrgreen:

I have for the last couple of years, just waiting for my letter to come from my doctors to make my appointment. The only thing I'm not keen on is how bloody sore my arm is after, it aches for days!

Mr VC also has his yearly as he's a Type 2 diabetic.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby George » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 pm

I have it every year as a health worker. My arm hurt more than with previous jabs and I felt a bit off for a few days but better than full blown flu
George

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms