Flu jab

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Flu jab

Postby jra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:16 am

George wrote:
jra wrote:
Mes NLI wrote:
measurer wrote:
daniel deronda wrote:No-one carries a handkerchief anymore though.

Most women do carry paper hankies. Do you know the flu germ can live for - I believe - 10 minutes after you have touched something? It's why the washing of your hands is strongly advised when you get a chance to. This is partly why.

Mes said paper hankies, not washable ones. Get it right!

Off again. Toodle pip amd all that/ :snooty:

Like it matters really. Big dilemma there to decide, do I use paper hankies or washable ones. That's got to be the biggest problem in my life.

Hankies are more environmentally sound but tissues (properly disposed off) are more hygienic. People that use hankies tend to use them several times before using a clean one so they are damp and bug ridden, not many people use a sanitizer between blowing their nose each time and spread germs by touching surfaces etc.

George. I don't do environmentally friendly. That ship has long sailed, so there is no point really, mostly due to overpopulation of planet Earth by humans, the way we have used resources and the way we treat ourselves and other species. The human race is an evolutionary cul de sac and recycling this and that, save this and that is only going to delay the fateful day, not prevent it.

And people that have cars and fly are not really in a position to lecture others on being environmentally friendly, as they are the two worst forms of environmentally friendly transport.
jra

Postby George » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 am

jra wrote:
George wrote:
jra wrote:
Like it matters really. Big dilemma there to decide, do I use paper hankies or washable ones. That's got to be the biggest problem in my life.

Hankies are more environmentally sound but tissues (properly disposed off) are more hygienic. People that use hankies tend to use them several times before using a clean one so they are damp and bug ridden, not many people use a sanitizer between blowing their nose each time and spread germs by touching surfaces etc.

George. I don't do environmentally friendly. That ship has long sailed, so there is no point really, mostly due to overpopulation of planet Earth by humans, the way we have used resources and the way we treat ourselves and other species. The human race is an evolutionary cul de sac and recycling this and that, save this and that is only going to delay the fateful day, not prevent it.

And people that have cars and fly are not really in a position to lecture others on being environmentally friendly, as they are the two worst forms of environmentally friendly transport.

I was not suggesting that your reasons for using a hankies were anything to do with being environmentally friendly, I was just pointing out that they are unhygienic and spread infection.
But on the note of the environment I for one would much rather the fateful day was delayed but I am aware than you have little time for the human race.
George

Postby George » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:03 am

jra wrote:
George wrote:
jra wrote:

I was not suggesting that your reasons for using a hankies were anything to do with being environmentally friendly, I was just pointing out that they are unhygienic and spread infection.
But on the note of the environment I for one would much rather the fateful day was delayed but I am aware than you have little time for the human race.
George

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:56 am

George wrote:
jra wrote:
George wrote:
jra wrote:

But on the note of the environment I for one would much rather the fateful day was delayed but[i] I am aware than you have little time for the human race[/i].

It's treated him badly and continues to do so.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
George wrote:
jra wrote:
George wrote:
jra wrote:

But on the note of the environment I for one would much rather the fateful day was delayed but[i] I am aware than you have little time for the human race[/i].

It's treated him badly and continues to do so.

Yeah. Including you.
jra

Postby Nucks » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:11 pm

I’m on day 6 after having my jab and no side effects, so I’m pleased with that. Knock on wood.

I sometimes get a cold in the winter but the last time I had flu was 11 years ago, I basically stayed in bed for a month.
Nucks

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:05 pm

why do so many on here get offered the flu jab?

I was under the impression it was only offered on the NHS if you are in the following groups

over 65's
pregnant women
moridly obese
are a carer
work within the NHS
live in a care home
certain long term medical conditions

:dunno:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Anyone can pay to have a flu jab if they aren’t in the group that gets it for free.
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Anyone can pay to have a flu jab if they aren’t in the group that gets it for free.

what part of offered on the NHS didn't you understand
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:11 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Anyone can pay to have a flu jab if they aren’t in the group that gets it for free.

You asked why so many on here get it. It’s only about £7 privately.
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

no I said why so many get offered it

but hey nice cutting of quotes, kudos to you
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:14 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

You’re assuming everyone getting it is offered it for free.
You made a wrong assumption about the posters here.
HTH.
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

HTH.

so the ones saying they have had letters, and that their GP have made appointment are lying

how odd
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Bella » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Never had one before but since I will supporting OH through Radiotherapy etc I will ask for it or pay for it... not bothered either way
Bella

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

HTH.

so the ones saying they have had letters, and that their GP have made appointment are lying

how odd

No, everyone hasn’t said that though.
I pay for mine, others may do as well.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms