Cosmetic Surgery!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:Because I can and I don't need to go to hospital or any other centre to get it done.

What's the problem here? Many women dye their hair, so why can't men?

There is no problem with men or women dying their hair. It is however hypocritical of you to chastise others when you dye your hair yourself. Growing old gracefully isn’t only avoiding surgery...

Again it doesn't involve surgery. :brickwall:

But it’s not growing old gracefully, is it?
Dean

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 pm

jra wrote:Because you appear to be on the slow train/brain today. Physically altering your body with things like botox, breast implants is completely different from just dyeing your hair or putting on makeup.

It was you that said people should grow old gracefully. How is you physically altering your appearance to look younger any different to doing it through surgery?

Why don’t you grow old gracefully and leave your hair grey?
Dean

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Do you dye your beard and eyebrows to match the dyed hair JTL?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:Because you appear to be on the slow train/brain today. Physically altering your body with things like botox, breast implants is completely different from just dyeing your hair or putting on makeup.

It was you that said people should grow old gracefully. How is you physically altering your appearance to look younger any different to doing it through surgery?

There’s no pain in dying your hair. Something isn’t right about people being cut up to look/feel better about themselves.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

There’s no pain in dying your hair. Something isn’t right about people being cut up to look/feel better about themselves.

Deans point isn't about the procedure but about jtr saying we should grow old gracefully but then he tries to hide the fact he's growing old.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

Pain isn’t the issue. He said people should grow old gracefully yet he dyes his hair because he is grey...
Dean

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

Deans point isn't about the procedure but about jtr saying we should grow old gracefully but then he tries to hide the fact he's growing old.

Fucking hell, someone gets the point!
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

Maybe gracefully to jra means without the use of unnecessary surgical procedures.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

Maybe gracefully to jra means without the use of unnecessary surgical procedures.

Then he's fucking stupid.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:27 pm

:pmsl:
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

Then he's fucking stupid.

How is that stupid? Surely it’s more stupid to be sixty and think you need to look like a scary version of twenty.
Lady Murasaki

Postby measurer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:Who knows? Only time will tell.

I don’t think a wrinkle or a flabby chin/boob will make me change my mind.

And that's your prerogative. I'm saying that you don't need to if you don't want to these days.
You want to grow old and that doesn't bother me in the least, so why if a person doesn't want to grow old - say crow's feet - and pays to have them done, is it seen as "vain"?

Cosmetically the filler or botox only last 6 months, though after a couple of botox jabs the lines don't really come back. I have had filler in my lips, a scar above my lips and on the nasolabial folds, because I feel better looking at myself with no makeup on in the morning. I feel "fresher". It's my personal choice, just as you wish to grow older. I paid for it myself and it's not dear to do. I am not going around with trout lips, nor did I do it to look younger - for me it was more about how makeup started to settle into those creases - that fixed it. Will I carry on? I doubt I'd go past 65, but again, I won't say never.

The ones who give plastic surgery a bad name are Donna Versace, Joan Rivers, Catface woman,etc., ( can't remember her name), but none of those are reversible, where as mine is.
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:39 pm

jra wrote:
Because you appear to be on the slow train/brain today. Physically altering your body with things like botox, breast implants is completely different from just dyeing your hair or putting on makeup.

Botox is easier than dying my hair.
Botox takes 5 minutes, lasts about as long as a semi permanent hair dye, and doesn’t require half the faffing that dying your hair does.

It’s also less noticeable.
NastyNickers

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:39 pm

why do people care what other people do to their body?

as long as they have the mental wellness and capacity to make the decision then it's nobody else's business, if it strays into dysmorphia territory then that's a whole different issue, but if a few nips and tucks brighten up your life what sort of mealy mouthed misery would begrudge that
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:41 pm

That’s the point though. A lot of people do feel like they need to. Whereas twenty/ thirty years ago is was probably unheard of, unless you lived in Hollywood.

It’s the narcissist generation, not getting at you meas, so don’t take it personally. It’s just one of the downsides of modern living.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms