Fairy tales...good or bad?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Fairy tales...good or bad?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:43 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Why does she feel the need to tell the world?

Sick of stupid SJW actors why think their opinions are so important.

Whether you like it or not Ray fame does bring responsibility and a need to behave, not that Katie Price seems to worry too much about it, but this is a just case of Keira just giving an opinion --which I don't agree with but I recognise her right to an opinion.

I can envisage Mehgan and Harry's parenting being followed avidly in the future, and their kids will probably believe Cinderella because their mum will be a living personification of that fictional character.

You need help if people look to hollywood for a moral compass. Fairy tales are make believe and Hollywood is make believe. Would you expect Tom and Jerry to be show you right from wrong?
And if Keira Knightly is that adamant about it maybe she could hand back her salary from making fairy tales and prove just have strong her stance really is.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:56 pm

Basil Brush wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I think it's all about balance

no harm in fairytales but as a parent we should also instill a balance to that

it's fine waiting for your prince to come, as long as you realise that when he does it will probably be all over your face

(probably prudent not to explain it that brutally)

When you were a child and I'm sure had fairytale books and watched movies. Did your parents instill a balance to that?
How did it affect your life growing up?
I have two boys and treat them to be men. To respect others and treat people how they like to be treated. I was talking to my BiL yesterday and he said how great the boys were. That his neighbours who he is friends with basically have no control over their young kids and have to beg them to do things.
Every school day they scream and swear at the parents (BiL) can hear them. And the parents beg them to eat breakfast.
and loads of other things to many to post.

They were probably spoiled too much and given everything they wanted and raised with no discipline so they clearly continue to push boundaries.
Ignore them and let them feed themselves, a lack of attention might do wonders .

Yep BiL, said they were spoiled. But the parents had the new age attitude of talking to the kids as adults and having discussions.
My kids in my opinion get spoiled rotten. I buy them what they want and we do things they want to when we spend our time together. But they are bought up to be respectful, and If I say no, they know that's it and accept it. No tantrums!

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:17 pm

I’m guessing these people are gonna tell their kids that Jesus Christ, the tooth fairy, Easter bunny and Santa don’t exist either?.... I mean god forbid they give Santa all the credit for their toys..... or believe the tooth fairy makes jewellery with their teeth? :gigglesnshit:..... not forgetting talk of God/JC and the Bible..... the biggest fairytale of them all! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Abs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:06 am

Being one of the oldest people here I probably saw the first version of the movie Cinderella. I didn't think of it as a fairy tale, to me, it was just a cartoon movie. Back then there was no issue with the prince kissing a woman without permission. Hell even in today's society how many guys ask permission to kiss a woman before doing so? It ruins the moment. Back then there was no issue with taking food from a stranger or even talking to them like there is now. In my opinion, I think the whole PC thing is going too far. I'm sure when they were young they didn't have issues with it and now because of the PC stuff, they change how they feel about it? Anyone who would ban a movie for those reasons it just silly in my opinion.
Abs

Postby Guestypoos » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:13 am

Abs wrote:Being one of the oldest people here I probably saw the first version of the movie Cinderella. I didn't think of it as a fairy tale, to me, it was just a cartoon movie. Back then there was no issue with the prince kissing a woman without permission. Hell even in today's society how many guys ask permission to kiss a woman before doing so? It ruins the moment. Back then there was no issue with taking food from a stranger or even talking to them like there is now. In my opinion, I think the whole PC thing is going too far. I'm sure when they were young they didn't have issues with it and now because of the PC stuff, they change how they feel about it? Anyone who would ban a movie for those reasons it just silly in my opinion.

Agreed, Keira is daft.
Guestypoos

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:40 am

Abs wrote:Being one of the oldest people here I probably saw the first version of the movie Cinderella. I didn't think of it as a fairy tale, to me, it was just a cartoon movie. Back then there was no issue with the prince kissing a woman without permission. Hell even in today's society how many guys ask permission to kiss a woman before doing so? It ruins the moment. Back then there was no issue with taking food from a stranger or even talking to them like there is now. In my opinion, I think the whole PC thing is going too far. I'm sure when they were young they didn't have issues with it and now because of the PC stuff, they change how they feel about it? Anyone who would ban a movie for those reasons it just silly in my opinion.

You cannot be older than Rollup. :yikes:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Nucks » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:46 am

Does she think women were subservient for generations because they were copying Cinderella and Snow White? :gigglesnshit: The writers of those stories were merely copying the values and traditions of that time.

Today’s little girls are more likely to look up to the royals as their fairy tale inspirations. What does Ms Knightley think of our royal family and the traditions and values they espouse, specifically about eldest female heirs only being given the chance to rule if they don’t have a brother? She probably feels safe taking on make believe stories rather than confronting what’s under her very nose.
Nucks

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Whether you like it or not Ray fame does bring responsibility and a need to behave, not that Katie Price seems to worry too much about it, but this is a just case of Keira just giving an opinion --which I don't agree with but I recognise her right to an opinion.

I can envisage Mehgan and Harry's parenting being followed avidly in the future, and their kids will probably believe Cinderella because their mum will be a living personification of that fictional character.

You need help if people look to hollywood for a moral compass. Fairy tales are make believe and Hollywood is make believe. Would you expect Tom and Jerry to be show you right from wrong?
And if Keira Knightly is that adamant about it maybe she could hand back her salary from making fairy tales and prove just have strong her stance really is.

Are you devoid of common sense? I ask because it seems you actually believe that some of us believe make believe.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby .SF. » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Fairy stories are more than make-believe, they're allegories that represent the human condition. Much like Aesop's Fables, which only children take literally.
.SF.

Postby xtras1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Holly wrote:Kristen Bell blasts Prince Charming for kissing Snow White 'without her permission'

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ng-snow-w/

Keira Knightley has banned her daughter from watching 'The Little Mermaid' and 'Cinderella'

As she explained on the latest episode of 'Ellen', Knightley has a strict ban in her household on 'The Little Mermaid' and 'Cinderella' because neither one of them have a particularly progressive message for women. 'Cinderella', according to Knightley, is banned because "she waits around for a rich guy to rescue her. Don't. Rescue yourself, obviously."

It's the same bit with 'The Little Mermaid', as Knightley explains that Ariel gives her up voice to please a man. "I mean, the songs are great - but do not give your voice up for a man. But, 'The Little Mermaid', I love that one, but it's a tricky one and I'm sticking to it.

http://entertainment.ie/celebrity-gossi ... 409142.htm

Are Fairy Tales Sexist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs_axfvhipc

It would be great to 'hear' other peoples view on that subject...I personally think it's just ridiculous and sad . Many of us grew up with those stories and enjoyed them immensely.

Most Disney films are dark.. borderline child abuse/neglect ..

I've watched almost every fairy tale/fantasy film. Not affected me.

But we have a generation of young women, who are educating their children to realise they have a voice & not accept certain things.

You just have to look at the way women are portrayed, it's about educating men too. Let them know we are equal.

As for sleeping beauty, should have had a Gay Prince kiss her be no fuss then.
xtras1

Postby banana chewits » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:20 pm

i grew up loving fairy tales & no adults in my life told me they were bollox or offered any 'balance' & i grew up ok.

it's really offensive to the girls of today to make the assumption they're so stupid they need to be told not to wait for a rich man to 'rescue' them ffs.

all this furore about kissing the sleeping beauty, i hope those people waving their placards about it never kiss their kids or partners when they're asleep & therefore can't consent. :roll: a little appropriate peck is hardly a full on tongue down the throat job is it?
banana chewits

Postby xtras1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:24 pm

banana chewits wrote:i grew up loving fairy tales & no adults in my life told me they were bollox or offered any 'balance' & i grew up ok.

it's really offensive to the girls of today to make the assumption they're so stupid they need to be told not to wait for a rich man to 'rescue' them ffs.

all this furore about kissing the sleeping beauty, i hope those people waving their placards about it never kiss their kids or partners when they're asleep & therefore can't consent. :roll: a little appropriate peck is hardly a full on tongue down the throat job is it?

I know.. I would love to spend time listening to their reasons?

Keira knightley... starring in the nutcracker and the four realms as the sugar plum fairy :again?:
xtras1

Postby Shelley » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Fairy tales are just that, 'tales'...spinning for our entertainment.
Shelley

Postby Nucks » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

There is a point to be made I suppose about what children absorb from television and other media either directly or subliminally. We allow our children to watch educational cartoons when they’re very young and we keep them away from violent games and shows with adult content for a reason. I assume that reason is we think they will glean ideas/language and perhaps even a little moral influence. So yes, maybe children will pick up different messages from fairy tales, but it’s about balance, kids will be exposed to a variety of things every day and a fairy tale here and there shouldn’t be that big a concern.
Nucks

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Shelley wrote:Fairy tales are just that, 'tales'...spinning for our entertainment.

No!!! :yikes:

Don't tell me the bible is fiction too! :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms