The Peoples Vote March (Bollocks to Brexit)

A right load of bollocks...

The Peoples Vote March (Bollocks to Brexit)

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Well what a day that was!

It started in the early hours with Hobbit nagging me to get up (by text you dirty minded bastards) and was on the road by twenty past eight, aiming the pug at Ruislip for the start at twelve at Hyde Park, I knew that I would be late and would probably have to catch up with the 100,000 that were predicted to turn up. I got into Ruislip Manor after parking up at around twelve forty and took the rattler into Hyde Park Corner, I arrived at twenty five past one and walked up into one hell of an atmosphere!

Catching up? It took me three quarters of an hour just to get onto the street! Thousands and thousands of ordinary people on a beautiful sunny Autumn day, all ages, creeds, colours and classes mixing together under a common cause. I understand that one reporter said that it was more like a queue at Waitrose rather than a protest but the reason for that was that no-one was upset or angry, we just wanted our voices heard; and boy were they heard! I have a hoarse throat from shouting 'BOLLOCKS TO BREXIT' and 'WHAT DO WE WANT? (A PEOPLES VOTE!) WHEN DO WE WANT IT? (NOW!) and ringing ears from the shouts, whistles, drums and clapping.

When I eventually got moving having de-cloaked into my LD polo shirt, bEUret and rucksack adorned with B2B stickers we all went for a wander. Honestly, it was fucking massive, two police choppers overhead constantly, people chanting, cheering and chatting, all at a speed of around 0.01 mph. We went past the Ritz and down St.James St and onto Pall Mall. A hush happened passing the Cenotaph punctuated by several cries of 'shame' and one of 'bastards' when we passed Downing St. We dropped down to Piccadilly and I got within five hundred metres of Leicester Square at three when the rally started and was on big screens because the place was rammed!

I stayed and listened to the speakers for three quarters of an hour and buggered off back to Piccadilly Circus to ride the tube back to Ruislip and bugger me, Pall Mall was still heaving with people marching.

They are saying that there were 700,000 there, I can well believe it. They are also saying that there was no trouble, I can well believe it; you don't get trouble when a group of tolerant, calm and rational people get together.

Demand a Peoples Vote!

Anyway, here are some of my shitty pics :bum: :
Attachments
IMG_20181020_152338.jpg
IMG_20181020_144737.jpg
IMG_20181020_144600.jpg
IMG_20181020_140458.jpg
IMG_20181020_134223.jpg
IMG_20181020_134218.jpg
IMG_20181020_131022.jpg
IMG_20181020_130149.jpg
IMG_20181020_124947.jpg
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: The Peoples Vote March (Bollocks to Brexit)

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Cool.... nice beret Stooo! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Who needs an alarm clock when you have a hobbit? :gigglesnshit:

Better turnout than the EDL protest in Manchester . Unless the majority of them came as coppers.

NastyNickers

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:04 pm

Stooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Spencer has been calling and he says he wants his beret back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Gabby wrote:Cool.... nice beret Stooo! :mrgreen:

Thanks Pokes, I counted two sorts of counter-protest. One was a large lady standing on a phone cabinet saying that brexit was god's will and the other was a 'Leave means Leave' van complete with the new Tesco value logo that they're using that was left locked and idling and subsequently covered in a shitload of stickers :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:Stooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Spencer has been calling and he says he wants his beret back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooohhhhhhhh!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:08 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Who needs an alarm clock when you have a hobbit? :gigglesnshit:

Better turnout than the EDL protest in Manchester . Unless the majority of them came as coppers.

Be nice, Nige and co got 1200 in Harrogate at the 'Leave Means Leave' rally today :snooty:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Stooo wrote:
Demand a Peoples Vote!

Already had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you been for the last couple of years?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball

Postby Vam » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Stooo wrote:

Thanks Pokes, I counted two sorts of counter-protest. One was a large lady standing on a phone cabinet saying that brexit was god's will and the other was a 'Leave means Leave' van complete with the new Tesco value logo that they're using that was left locked and idling and subsequently covered in a shitload of stickers :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

Cool beret, dude :cool: (you coulda cracked a smile in that pic, tho!)

Glad you had a blast. Are you still hoping it will make any difference...?
Vam

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Stooo wrote:

Haha... it takes all sorts!.... keeps it interesting! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:Stooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooohhhhhhhh!

.... Betty! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Vam » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:19 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Who needs an alarm clock when you have a hobbit? :gigglesnshit:

Lolllllllllll!

That looks about right to me :mrgreen:

(apart from the horses having to wear protective visors - I hate seeing that...)
Vam

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Didn't we have a "people's vote" two years ago?

If not, who voted exactly?

And isn't this a campaign by foreign billionaire George Soros?

What has that got to do with "the people" exactly?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:41 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Demand a Peoples Vote!

Already had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you been for the last couple of years?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Finding out stuff that people should have been informed about before making a life changing decision. I voted remain because it is the sensible decision, I've spent my life making rash decisions for reasons that I only now understand.

The process so far has been really bad, what is better in your opinion?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Didn't we have a "people's vote" two years ago?

If not, who voted exactly?

And isn't this a campaign by foreign billionaire George Soros?

What has that got to do with "the people" exactly?

I got some leaflets but no Soros bucks :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms