Room 101

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Room 101

Postby jra » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:55 am

The latest Channel 4 and E4 idents in case I hadn't mentioned it.

Telephone line rental charges.

Modern telephone boxes with no phones in them.
jra

Postby Holly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:18 am

jra wrote:The latest Channel 4 and E4 idents in case I hadn't mentioned it.

Get a load at this jra

:pmsl:

Holly
Site Admin

Postby jra » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 am

Holly wrote:
jra wrote:The latest Channel 4 and E4 idents in case I hadn't mentioned it.

Get a load at this jra

Sadly I'm old enough to remember using those.

Those huge international numbers you had dial and sometimes it took 30 minutes to get a line without it being busy. No re-dial button either.

And before the standardization (introduction of Numbering Area Groups) of local and national dialling codes, so every different village and town had a different local code and if you used the national code it would route through Bristol (100 miles away) and you'd get charged at the national rate. A right PITA.

999 became adopted because the 9 was easy to find in the dark. Same with 111, which should be the pan European emergency number 112, rather than for non emergency NHS.

Also, rooms full of big computer boxes where you needed air conditioning to keep them cool enough and if the air con failed everything had to be shut down. Now you obviously have desktops/laptops with little computer fans.
jra

Postby Vam » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:57 am

Goodwife wrote:I can't wait till Vam comes along and blows you two out the water with how her Yacht rivals Sir Slimys and puts yours and Lady m's friends boats to shame.

:ooer: ... say whaaat?? What "Yacht"? :roll:

Gotta laugh at you flitting around this board, in your desperation to somehow connect and get a little tag team action going.
Vam

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 am

Vam wrote:
Goodwife wrote:I can't wait till Vam comes along and blows you two out the water with how her Yacht rivals Sir Slimys and puts yours and Lady m's friends boats to shame.

Gotta laugh at you flitting around this board, in your desperation to somehow connect and get a little tag team action going.

Your jealousy of GW is hilarious :pmsl:
Tell you what, she is definitely more fun to have around than you odious bragging old bag.

Postby Sponsor » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 am

Vam wrote:

Somehow I doubt that you're laughing. :cuppaT:
Sponsor

Postby jra fan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 am

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Tell you what, she is definitely more fun to have around than you odious bragging old bag.

Hear hear. :canny:
jra fan

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:55 am

jra fan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Postby Holly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am

Guest wrote:
jra fan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Eh??? I am logged in unlike you shithead :off head:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby not Holly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Guest wrote:
jra fan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

not Holly

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:06 pm

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra fan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Eh??? I am logged in unlike you shithead :off head:

It was a joke.

Postby Holly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Ahhh right :srs?:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:08 pm

1. colds

2. people that put empty milk cartons back in the fridge

3. colds
banana chewits

Postby Kleenex » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:51 pm

banana chewits wrote:1. colds

2. people that put empty milk cartons back in the fridge

3. colds

You got a cold? :doomed:
Kleenex

Postby Vam » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Sponsor wrote:Somehow I doubt that you're laughing. :cuppaT:

Oh but I am :thumbsup:

No matter how many times you so bravely anon post as ‘Sponsor’, it doesn’t make me - or ever will make me - an alcoholic.

Btw, there used to be a Guest who always posted as ‘willy’. Unlike you, willy was a right good laugh - a breath of fresh air in a sea of cowardly guest bullshit.

Stooo noticed, and then told willy that Guests can’t have it both ways. He said if Guests want to keep on posting like spineless hidden chickenshits, they don’t get to have the luxury of posting under a username. And sadly, willy was no more, which is a shame really.

Just a heads-up... :smilin:
Vam

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms