Room 101

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Room 101

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:27 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:Only one thing really.

The human race.


You go first .....


Why?

What about mass murderers, serial killers, rapists, paedophiles, corrupt governments, any other people that exploit others just for their own gain and the like?

Now you're shifting the goalposts.
You said the human race .... you not human .... you not in the race?
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby jra » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:Only one thing really.

The human race.


You go first .....


Why?

What about mass murderers, serial killers, rapists, paedophiles, corrupt governments, any other people that exploit others just for their own gain and the like?

Now you're shifting the goalposts.
You said the human race .... you not human .... you not in the race?


Read the original post I made properly first. Then get back to me.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby Abs » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:17 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Abs wrote:1. All drugs
2. All rapists
3. All pedophiles

Not sure I could cope without my prescriptions.



Oops guess I better think that one over, I need all my meds too.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Room 101

Postby Abs » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:19 am

jra wrote:Only one thing really.

The human race.

But if we're still here to fuck up the planet and treat each other like shit, then:

1. Cancer
2. Guns and anything else designed specifically to kill people.
3. Inequality between the rich and the poor, i.e. money being the sole thing you need to survive.


Really? The human race? You want to banish me? :bawlin:
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Room 101

Postby Abs » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:20 am

calitom wrote:1.despair
2.violence
3.regret


Despair & regret? You need to think bigger.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Room 101

Postby jra » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:00 am

Abs wrote:
jra wrote:Only one thing really.

The human race.

But if we're still here to fuck up the planet and treat each other like shit, then:

1. Cancer
2. Guns and anything else designed specifically to kill people.
3. Inequality between the rich and the poor, i.e. money being the sole thing you need to survive.


Really? The human race? You want to banish me? :bawlin:


No. It's a general comment along the lines, we as a species need to get our act together for our future and the planet's.

George Carlin did a very good comedy sketch on this matter.

I'll post it again.

IMO he doesn't get everything right, but on the whole he sums up the human race pretty well and plastic isn't as dangerous as people make out. The Earth plus plastic remember.

George Carlin - Saving the Planet

phpBB [video]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

When it comes to extinctions, humans have certainly helped the process along.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby jra » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:13 am

I'll add another one to the list and that is religion.

George Carlin --- Religion is Bullshit

phpBB [video]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

Funny how many religious people keep killing each other. One of the ten commandments is 'Thou shall not kill'.

George Carlin - 10 Commandments

phpBB [video]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

If there is anything to be worshiped, it should be the Sun, followed by the Moon and Jupiter (the other solar system vacuum cleaner).

I worship the Sun. Without it, i.e. it was extinguished overnight, we'd all be dead in a week.

Without the Sun, we'd be finished and if nothing else die from extreme cold.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:12 pm

i WAS A BIG FAN OF cARLIN YEARS AGO AS ARE SOME OTHERS ON HERE SO ALL THESE VIDS WERE POSTED YEARS BEFORE YOU TURNEd UP GPO.
He was a comedian a very sharp highly intelligent astute .... entertainer.
He had to sit down and write all that stuff and rehearse like any other performer.
He didn't mean it all.
It wasn't scientific.
The earth with plastic paradigm is a load of bollox that was .... good entertainment.
If it was a solid ball of plastic buried somewhere then the earth plus plastic would be just fine but that's not the case is it.
Plastic is choking the oceans.
Killing the oceans.
Causing massive problems for sea life.
It's leaching into rivers etc.
Even worse it is now inside all of us and as yet the consequences are unknown.
The George Carlin show is not a fucking science program.
He really isn't a great philosopher teacher or guru.
I never imagined I'd have to fucking make such an explanation!
George was a comic ok?
A clown.
He wrote and performed fantastically.
That well in fact that some people feel they have been taught great things by a great teacher ffs.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby jra » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:i WAS A BIG FAN OF cARLIN YEARS AGO AS ARE SOME OTHERS ON HERE SO ALL THESE VIDS WERE POSTED YEARS BEFORE YOU TURNEd UP GPO.
He was a comedian a very sharp highly intelligent astute .... entertainer.
He had to sit down and write all that stuff and rehearse like any other performer.
He didn't mean it all.
It wasn't scientific.
The earth with plastic paradigm is a load of bollox that was .... good entertainment.
If it was a solid ball of plastic buried somewhere then the earth plus plastic would be just fine but that's not the case is it.
Plastic is choking the oceans.
Killing the oceans.
Causing massive problems for sea life.
It's leaching into rivers etc.
Even worse it is now inside all of us and as yet the consequences are unknown.
The George Carlin show is not a fucking science program.
He really isn't a great philosopher teacher or guru.
I never imagined I'd have to fucking make such an explanation!
George was a comic ok?
A clown.
He wrote and performed fantastically.
That well in fact that some people feel they have been taught great things by a great teacher ffs.


You OK? Comic sketches don't have an expiry date, any more than music does.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Image
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31347
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Room 101

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:14 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:i WAS A BIG FAN OF cARLIN YEARS AGO AS ARE SOME OTHERS ON HERE SO ALL THESE VIDS WERE POSTED YEARS BEFORE YOU TURNEd UP GPO.
He was a comedian a very sharp highly intelligent astute .... entertainer.
He had to sit down and write all that stuff and rehearse like any other performer.
He didn't mean it all.
It wasn't scientific.
The earth with plastic paradigm is a load of bollox that was .... good entertainment.
If it was a solid ball of plastic buried somewhere then the earth plus plastic would be just fine but that's not the case is it.
Plastic is choking the oceans.
Killing the oceans.
Causing massive problems for sea life.
It's leaching into rivers etc.
Even worse it is now inside all of us and as yet the consequences are unknown.
The George Carlin show is not a fucking science program.
He really isn't a great philosopher teacher or guru.
I never imagined I'd have to fucking make such an explanation!
George was a comic ok?
A clown.
He wrote and performed fantastically.
That well in fact that some people feel they have been taught great things by a great teacher ffs.


You OK? Comic sketches don't have an expiry date, any more than music does.

How to fucking miss the point! :bum:
Here have a wank ....
Attachments
missing the point.jpg
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby calitom » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:i WAS A BIG FAN OF cARLIN YEARS AGO AS ARE SOME OTHERS ON HERE SO ALL THESE VIDS WERE POSTED YEARS BEFORE YOU TURNEd UP GPO.
He was a comedian a very sharp highly intelligent astute .... entertainer.
He had to sit down and write all that stuff and rehearse like any other performer.
He didn't mean it all.
It wasn't scientific.
The earth with plastic paradigm is a load of bollox that was .... good entertainment.
If it was a solid ball of plastic buried somewhere then the earth plus plastic would be just fine but that's not the case is it.
Plastic is choking the oceans.
Killing the oceans.
Causing massive problems for sea life.
It's leaching into rivers etc.
Even worse it is now inside all of us and as yet the consequences are unknown.
The George Carlin show is not a fucking science program.
He really isn't a great philosopher teacher or guru.
I never imagined I'd have to fucking make such an explanation!
George was a comic ok?
A clown.
He wrote and performed fantastically.
That well in fact that some people feel they have been taught great things by a great teacher ffs.


Carlin infused a lot of truth in with his comic exaggeration license.Thats why people love him. Im very religious and dont agree with half of his political opinions but everything
he says has a hint of truth in it.
I loved when he called into shows on radio and said that h was disappointed that one natural disaster or another wasnt as big as he wanted it to be...not as entertaining as he hoped..not high enough casualties--Because we all damn well know the ulterior motives --even that slight bit----that wants to see something spectacular even in tragedy.
He got that--and he delivered the lines with perfection.
I loved his routine about America being bullshit..based on bullshit. Because there is a morsel of truth there.
Comic geniuses tap into that...and transcend politics. I couldnt have cared less that carlin was a left winger(generally).

Another comic genius,,,Norm MacDonald(orig from canada) comments about the late night hosts of the present and how their political humor is not funny.
the laughs are from partison instudio crowds who will chuckle at anything cuz it bolsters their inner hatred . -The kinda shows that many of the schmendricks on thesleepingdogs quote.
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 3204
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby jra » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:03 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:i WAS A BIG FAN OF cARLIN YEARS AGO AS ARE SOME OTHERS ON HERE SO ALL THESE VIDS WERE POSTED YEARS BEFORE YOU TURNEd UP GPO.
He was a comedian a very sharp highly intelligent astute .... entertainer.
He had to sit down and write all that stuff and rehearse like any other performer.
He didn't mean it all.
It wasn't scientific.
The earth with plastic paradigm is a load of bollox that was .... good entertainment.
If it was a solid ball of plastic buried somewhere then the earth plus plastic would be just fine but that's not the case is it.
Plastic is choking the oceans.
Killing the oceans.
Causing massive problems for sea life.
It's leaching into rivers etc.
Even worse it is now inside all of us and as yet the consequences are unknown.
The George Carlin show is not a fucking science program.
He really isn't a great philosopher teacher or guru.
I never imagined I'd have to fucking make such an explanation!
George was a comic ok?
A clown.
He wrote and performed fantastically.
That well in fact that some people feel they have been taught great things by a great teacher ffs.


You OK? Comic sketches don't have an expiry date, any more than music does.

How to fucking miss the point! :bum:
Here have a wank ....


Over that. I've seen a woman before.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:15 pm

calitom wrote:
Another comic genius,,,Norm MacDonald(orig from canada) comments about the late night hosts of the present and how their political humor is not funny.
the laughs are from partison instudio crowds who will chuckle at anything cuz it bolsters their inner hatred . -The kinda shows that many of the schmendricks on thesleepingdogs quote.


London TV audiences are the same.

Laughing like drains at the same weak jokes about Trump and Brexit made by lame left-wing TV panel show comedians plus Graham Norton & Adam Hills for two years now.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 4032
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: Room 101

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:20 pm

jra wrote:
Over that. I've seen a woman before.


Merely by chance (before anyone says anything) we sit near the WAGS at the football, not seen many women like that walking about, different level, like another species almost, money and fame is what you need jra!
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 4032
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: .SF., Wilson and 39 guests