Why?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Why?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:53 pm

The official top speed of a standard Reliant 850 was 85 mph so piss off.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:59 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:One of these?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200

There's a few for sale here, but £20 000 minimum is some price :yikes:
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/81/

They were cheap when my mate had one. There was another make of bubble car too (didn't look like a frog) - door at the front I think - but I cant for the life of me remember the name. :dunno:

Heinkel Trojan maybe - also built by a German former aircraft manufacturer while they were banned from their main business after WW2.

Or the BMW Isetta?

If not, then something from here?

10 Classic Bubble Cars & Microcars of the Past (and Present)

https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2015/0 ... -vehicles/

That Peel P50 looks seriously unsafe!!
The Citroen Prototype C is pretty cool though :cool:

Postby McAz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

From the pictures you linked to I think his other one was an Isetta.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:16 pm

I heard a story of someone restoring a bubble car picking it up from the body shop having been sprayed cherry red. The guy drove it into his garage and then remembered it had no reverse so had to sit there for hours till his wife arrived home.
Is the story true though guest?
I have no fucking idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I heard a story of someone restoring a bubble car picking it up from the body shop having been sprayed cherry red. The guy drove it into his garage and then remembered it had no reverse so had to sit there for hours till his wife arrived home.

I've heard the same story - it was a car with a front door I believe.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:47 pm

McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I heard a story of someone restoring a bubble car picking it up from the body shop having been sprayed cherry red. The guy drove it into his garage and then remembered it had no reverse so had to sit there for hours till his wife arrived home.

Yes.
Urban tale then.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yes.
Urban tale then.

Could be true too. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:24 pm

They look so flimsy surely you could actually turn then round yourself, or maybe with another person's help.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Markey mark » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Shelley wrote:Why do you post on a forum? Any forum? How long have you posted on forums, where did you start?

I've fallen out of it compared to the amount I used to post. I started on SOL about 13 yrs ago I believe it was.

First posted many years ago , one of the main reasons I was in a dark period in my life , honestly believe most people on here have had some issues within their lives , you only have to read certain posters post to realise they have major problems within their life , and they don’t fit into the real world, hence post on aforum
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Shelley wrote:Why do you post on a forum? Any forum? How long have you posted on forums, where did you start?

I've fallen out of it compared to the amount I used to post. I started on SOL about 13 yrs ago I believe it was.

First posted many years ago , one of the main reasons I was in a dark period in my life , honestly believe most people on here have had some issues within their lives , you only have to read certain posters post to realise they have major problems within their life , and they don’t fit into the real world, hence post on aforum

You've met jra then?

Postby Goodwife » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:They look so flimsy surely you could actually turn then round yourself, or maybe with another person's help.

If they are stupid enough to put themselves in that position they are not likely to have the brain power to get out of it.

Best off waiting for the women folk to come solve the problem :gigglesnshit:
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yes.
Urban tale then.

The story I heard was that the man had driven it straight home from the showroom and into his garage and parked right up against the rear wall, completely forgetting how he'd entered the car in the first place even though it was only about 15 minutes earlier!
I'd say it's highly plausible that it did occur quite a few times when they first went on sale, it's so far removed from the normal kind of doors that a momentary lapse in attention is bound to happen. No mobiles to phone or text for help in those days either, so you might be stuck for quite a while. :shame:

Postby WGAF? » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Compost corner wrote:
WGAF? wrote:More fun being cunts though.

Are you saying cunts have more fun than pricks?

Do you?
WGAF?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yes.
Urban tale then.

The story I heard was that the man had driven it straight home from the showroom and into his garage and parked right up against the rear wall, completely forgetting how he'd entered the car in the first place even though it was only about 15 minutes earlier!
I'd say it's highly plausible that it did occur quite a few times when they first went on sale, it's so far removed from the normal kind of doors that a momentary lapse in attention is bound to happen. No mobiles to phone or text for help in those days either, so you might be stuck for quite a while. :shame:

I see where you're coming from.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:23 am

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

You've met jra then?

Nice. And you are?
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms