Early rising

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Early rising

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:44 am

You could be fat, smoke and drink all your life and never get cancer.... you could do do none of those things, lead a healthy lifestyle, be young and fit and still get it...... it’s not always lifestyle choices.... it’s luck of the draw and often familial too!
Gabby

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 am

My Dad had prostate cancer and he’s never had anal sex in his life...
Dean

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:53 am

Aunt Bessie wrote:I think most people on here react to the poster and not the post.

But if the reaction to a sensible post relating to the topic of the thread (for a change) is to twist it simply because you don’t like the poster.... then it’s clearly agenda driven!
Gabby

Postby Bessie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:56 am

Gabby wrote:
Aunt Bessie wrote:I think most people on here react to the poster and not the post.

But if the reaction to a sensible post relating to the topic of the thread (for a change) is to twist it simply because you don’t like the poster.... then it’s clearly agenda driven!

It works both ways though. Some of those posters who complain about agendas have the biggest agendas going.
Bessie

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 am

Dean wrote:My Dad had prostate cancer...

More reason to not ignore anything untoward yourself then!
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:00 am

Aunt Bessie wrote:
Gabby wrote:

It works both ways though. Some of those posters who complain about agendas have the biggest agendas going.

I didn’t say it didn’t work both ways...
Gabby

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am

Gabby wrote:

I had my bum hole fingered by the doctors last year. Funny thing was, I only had a sore throat...
Dean

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 am

Aunt Bessie wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Everybody has an agenda on this forum. This isn’t a free thinking debating platform, it’s a shithole trolling forum...
Dean

Postby Nucks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:04 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:night owls always get a bad press. Although I’d hazard a guess it is more to do with the bad habits of night owls as opposed to the actual act of sleeping later.

Obesity is pretty obvious. It fucks you up. Increases hormones including oestrogen, insulin and speeds up cell division. Being obese can cause so many issues. We know that where you carry the fat can be important too.

Not getting enough sleep can play havoc with hunger and fullness hormones too, and in turn increase the chance of obesity, so this early bird stuff probably applies to people who go to bed in time to get a decent night’s sleep and still be an early riser.

I was also reading something about the insulin growth hormone being linked to certain types of cancer, many obese people will have issues with insulin.

I rather doubt that changing one thing (being an early riser) will lower someone’s risk of cancer, but it’s good to get conversations going and ask what are the bigger implications in a complex disease like cancer. And even if we know all the risks, some cancers have a genetic component too.

Get a conversation going on here? With all these flipping agenda driven posters?

At least I tried but what’s the point?

You just have to keep trying I guess. It’s a good topic. Cancer is a disease that still baffles us. As Gabby said you get people who live very healthy lifestyles and get cancer and some 90 year old who has smoked like a chimney all their life and never gets it. Maybe they’re underestimating the genetic component. And children get cancer, how are they meant to take precautions? Are we at the mercy of chance and fate?
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:04 am

Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I had my bum hole fingered by the doctors last year. Funny thing was, I only had a sore throat...

You need to change your GP.... or maybe not!!
Gabby

Postby Vam » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 am

Gabby wrote:

Like most of us, I've seen the savage effects cancer can inflict on loved ones.

I would have objected to the clumsy, insensitive wording within that post, irrespective of who posted it. There was no "twisting" of anything :roll: What was said was crass and unthinking - end of. And it brought back memories I'd rather not have, tbh.

Sorry if that offends you :roll:
Vam

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:08 am

Dean wrote:
Aunt Bessie wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Everybody has an agenda on this forum. This isn’t a free thinking debating platform, it’s a shithole trolling forum...

It could be both... if allowed to!
Gabby

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

Gabby wrote:
Dean wrote:
Aunt Bessie wrote:
Gabby wrote:

It could be both... if allowed to!

Nah, it never has in 9 years yet. Too many biased posters and Admin to ever have a proper thread in here.
Dean

Postby Vam » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:12 am

There's always the Snug, rather than the (trolling) Arms, to post a 'serious' thread in.... :dunno:
Vam

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:14 am

Vam wrote:There's always the Snug, rather than the (trolling) Arms, to post a 'serious' thread in.... :dunno:

No fucker goes in there, and even when do, any decent threads will get trolled if you don’t like the person... If people want proper debate, this ain’t the place they should be coming to...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms