Early rising

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Early rising

Postby Goodwife » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:and you claimed that - 'All these stories in the rags and across verious media channels you never really see a fat person with cancer so you wonder how true it is and where they get the statistics.'

That isn't you saying all the people you know with cancer weren't obese beforehand, that's you with pig ignorance saying that the people with cancer you see in the media aren't obese - well no they won't be after cancer has ravaged their body

backtrack as much as you like, yet another example of your lack of, well lack of anything

Tbh, I have read all the posts in this thread including Goodwife's and tried to analyze it all. I really don't believe she meant people are usually skinny AFTER cancer ravaged them. That would be beyond vile but that's not what I think she meant. I do believe she meant people diagnosed with cancer aren't usually obese, which means it's not the norm for obese people to have cancer.
Sorry but that's how I interpreted it.
I have known quite a few people who unfortunately died of cancer including my Mother, my Husband and a close friend... neither of them were ever obese.

Exactly what I meant Holly.

I was following on from what I thought the billboard was saying in that obesity was the cause of the cancer
Goodwife

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 am

Nucks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:night owls always get a bad press. Although I’d hazard a guess it is more to do with the bad habits of night owls as opposed to the actual act of sleeping later.

Obesity is pretty obvious. It fucks you up. Increases hormones including oestrogen, insulin and speeds up cell division. Being obese can cause so many issues. We know that where you carry the fat can be important too.

Not getting enough sleep can play havoc with hunger and fullness hormones too, and in turn increase the chance of obesity, so this early bird stuff probably applies to people who go to bed in time to get a decent night’s sleep and still be an early riser.

I was also reading something about the insulin growth hormone being linked to certain types of cancer, many obese people will have issues with insulin.

I rather doubt that changing one thing (being an early riser) will lower someone’s risk of cancer, but it’s good to get conversations going and ask what are the bigger implications in a complex disease like cancer. And even if we know all the risks, some cancers have a genetic component too.

Get a conversation going on here? With all these flipping agenda driven posters?

At least I tried but what’s the point?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:56 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:night owls always get a bad press. Although I’d hazard a guess it is more to do with the bad habits of night owls as opposed to the actual act of sleeping later.

Obesity is pretty obvious. It fucks you up. Increases hormones including oestrogen, insulin and speeds up cell division. Being obese can cause so many issues. We know that where you carry the fat can be important too.

Not getting enough sleep can play havoc with hunger and fullness hormones too, and in turn increase the chance of obesity, so this early bird stuff probably applies to people who go to bed in time to get a decent night’s sleep and still be an early riser.

I was also reading something about the insulin growth hormone being linked to certain types of cancer, many obese people will have issues with insulin.

I rather doubt that changing one thing (being an early riser) will lower someone’s risk of cancer, but it’s good to get conversations going and ask what are the bigger implications in a complex disease like cancer. And even if we know all the risks, some cancers have a genetic component too.

Get a conversation going on here? With all these flipping agenda driven posters?

There is no point. You might as well fuck off...
Dean

Postby Bessie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:57 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:

What about shift workers, I wonder? Sometimes they have to get up really early, then they have a few days where they don't. Where do they fit in on the cancer risk scale?
Bessie

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 am

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I will. After you kill yourself.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:00 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Why would I do that? I live to troll!!
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:01 am

Aunt Bessie wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:

What about shift workers, I wonder? Sometimes they have to get up really early, then they have a few days where they don't. Where do they fit in on the cancer risk scale?

I don’t know, does putting stress on your natural body clock increase the risk maybe? Some people are naturally larks and some are owls.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:03 am

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Why would I do that? I live to troll!!

For us, your fans.
So that we can party. :twirl:
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:12 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:

which agenda driven posters?

heaven forbid that people's stupidity should be pointed out, especially when it's pointed out by someone who you hold one of your ridiculous grudges against

or perhaps you agree that obese people don't get cancer because you've seen some media articles about people with cancer and they are all 'skinny' :roll:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:18 am

If fatties don’t get cancer as Dr. Goodwife says, Kawasaki will be fine...
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 am

pair of plonkers ruining any chance of discussion,

Same shit every day.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:pair of plonkers ruining any chance of discussion,

Same shit every day.

Your first post was having a dig at agenda driven posters. Do you think people are blind?
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:28 am

Women who are ‘night owls’ preferring to stay up late are twice as likely to develop breast cancer compared with ‘larks’ who function better at the beginning of the day, a major new study has shown.

TWICE as likely?

Is this just lazy reporting or lazy researching?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/201 ... st-cancer/
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:37 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:

which agenda driven posters?

heaven forbid that people's stupidity should be pointed out, especially when it's pointed out by someone who you hold one of your ridiculous grudges against

or perhaps you agree that obese people don't get cancer because you've seen some media articles about people with cancer and they are all 'skinny' :roll:

I think she means you... and she’d be right!

It was clear as day what GW meant, as Holly pointed out!.... would your response to one of your ‘mates’ have been the same if they’d said it?... I don’t think so!... you’d have certainly worded it differently, and in a much friendlier manner!... try reacting to the post, not the poster! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Bessie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 am

I think most people on here react to the poster and not the post.
Bessie

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms