Early rising

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Early rising

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:50 am

Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:I can agree with a post even if I don’t like the poster.... some struggle with that concept!

It’s usually the person arguing with me you agree with, isn’t it?

No, not always, as you well know.... my reaction to any given post is based on my thoughts only!.... you seriously think I only agree with someone because they’re having a ruck with you and not because it’s what I genuinely agree with?..... so on that basis you think i’m just out to piss you off?... wow!

It certainly looks that way to me. But it doesn’t piss me off.

It clearly does to even think that way... whatever!
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 am

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:Cool avi, btw, Gab. I might be misreading it, though ...

Plagiarism of my gollihonk avi! :snooty:

Mine’s better! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:57 am

Gabby wrote:
McAz wrote:

Your's can't make marmalade. :snooty:
McAz

Postby Sponsor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:11 am

Vam wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Vam wrote:
I read it in the exact way it was posted. But even if you're right, aren't we all guilty of sometimes misreading stuff?

And... "posse"?? Seriously, Gab? If I didn't think better of you, I'd say you're jumping on bandwagons...

But you appear to make a habit of it! :gigglesnshit:

Cool avi, btw, Gab. I might be misreading it, though ...

You do have a habit of "misreading" things, usually for attention. :cuppaT:
Sponsor

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:24 am

McAz wrote:
Gabby wrote:
McAz wrote:

Your's can't make marmalade. :snooty:

Yours is ginger! :snooty:
Gabby

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 am

Aunt Bessie wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Aunt Bessie wrote:I think most people on here react to the poster and not the post.

But if the reaction to a sensible post relating to the topic of the thread (for a change) is to twist it simply because you don’t like the poster.... then it’s clearly agenda driven!

It works both ways though. Some of those posters who complain about agendas have the biggest agendas going.

Is that why you’ve socked up? So your agenda isn’t so obvious?
Well it ain’t working.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am

Nucks wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:night owls always get a bad press. Although I’d hazard a guess it is more to do with the bad habits of night owls as opposed to the actual act of sleeping later.

Obesity is pretty obvious. It fucks you up. Increases hormones including oestrogen, insulin and speeds up cell division. Being obese can cause so many issues. We know that where you carry the fat can be important too.

Not getting enough sleep can play havoc with hunger and fullness hormones too, and in turn increase the chance of obesity, so this early bird stuff probably applies to people who go to bed in time to get a decent night’s sleep and still be an early riser.

I was also reading something about the insulin growth hormone being linked to certain types of cancer, many obese people will have issues with insulin.

I rather doubt that changing one thing (being an early riser) will lower someone’s risk of cancer, but it’s good to get conversations going and ask what are the bigger implications in a complex disease like cancer. And even if we know all the risks, some cancers have a genetic component too.

Get a conversation going on here? With all these flipping agenda driven posters?

At least I tried but what’s the point?

You just have to keep trying I guess. It’s a good topic. Cancer is a disease that still baffles us. As Gabby said you get people who live very healthy lifestyles and get cancer and some 90 year old who has smoked like a chimney all their life and never gets it. Maybe they’re underestimating the genetic component. And children get cancer, how are they meant to take precautions? Are we at the mercy of chance and fate?

Makes you wonder about the agenda of the media outlets reporting this ‘finding’ in the way that they do.
I mean the Telegraph actually wrote that it makes you TWICE as likely to get breast cancer if you’re an owl. Wtf? Do people believe this stuff?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:48 am

Dean wrote:
Vam wrote:There's always the Snug, rather than the (trolling) Arms, to post a 'serious' thread in.... :dunno:

No fucker goes in there, and even when do, any decent threads will get trolled if you don’t like the person... If people want proper debate, this ain’t the place they should be coming to...

It would help if you bandwagonners fucked off. :thumbsup:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Bessie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Aunt Bessie wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Aunt Bessie wrote:I think most people on here react to the poster and not the post.

But if the reaction to a sensible post relating to the topic of the thread (for a change) is to twist it simply because you don’t like the poster.... then it’s clearly agenda driven!

It works both ways though. Some of those posters who complain about agendas have the biggest agendas going.

Is that why you’ve socked up? So your agenda isn’t so obvious?
Well it ain’t working.

Socked up? I don't have an agenda.
Bessie

Postby Fletch » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Nucks wrote:You just have to keep trying I guess. It’s a good topic. Cancer is a disease that still baffles us. As Gabby said you get people who live very healthy lifestyles and get cancer and some 90 year old who has smoked like a chimney all their life and never gets it. Maybe they’re underestimating the genetic component. And children get cancer, how are they meant to take precautions? Are we at the mercy of chance and fate?

Is big pharma a barrier to finding a cure for cancer? They make a lot of money out of managing it and next to banking, they are an untrustworthy, wealthy and secretive sector. That includes the agri-chem business as well. Food soaked in roundup can't be good for people.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm

And I read Goodwife's post in exactly the same way as Hobbit and Vam. Those having a go at them for that have an agenda alright. :alfie:

By the time most people make others outside the immediate family aware of cancer, the disease has already taken it's toll. Sometimes not even close family know until much later and as for the people in the media not being fat, crass is an understatement.

Discussions can take place on here, not every post has to be serious or informative but the halfwits will usually out themselves early on. :thumbsup:
Fletch

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Women who rise early are less likely to get breast cancer than those who stay up late.

How odd is that?

Any studies on dioxins? Rhetorical. Since the oil industry began in the early part of 1900s. Has anyone considered looking through medical records to see if some cases where cancer related? And is there an instance where it can be said, there from that point there we see a rising trend. The industry of cancer is as big as it gets. How many people been killed by chemo therapy? Those numbers will claim cancer was the cause. Where as the facts are medical intervention killed the patients. All disease is caused by inflammation, find the reason for inflammation cure the disease.
art0hur0moh

Postby Fletch » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 pm

And yet knowing everything we do about cancer and radiation, the US (and other westerners) used/use depleted uranium ammunition all over the Middle East and elsewhere. :shake head:

The use of depleted uranium weapons is again causing concern. The people of Kosovo have been alarmed to discover that the conflict there has left radioactive contamination, just as it did in Kuwait nine years ago.
Why do the United States and Britain continue to use a waste product of the nuclear industry in their weapons?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/ ... ade.kosovo
Fletch

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Fletch wrote:And yet knowing everything we do about cancer and radiation, the US (and other westerners) used/use depleted uranium ammunition all over the Middle East and elsewhere. :shake head:

The use of depleted uranium weapons is again causing concern. The people of Kosovo have been alarmed to discover that the conflict there has left radioactive contamination, just as it did in Kuwait nine years ago.
Why do the United States and Britain continue to use a waste product of the nuclear industry in their weapons?

Have you got a job yet? If not why not?

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:And yet knowing everything we do about cancer and radiation, the US (and other westerners) used/use depleted uranium ammunition all over the Middle East and elsewhere. :shake head:

Have you got a job yet? If not why not?

Hiya Vipes - family back yet? :cuppaT:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms