S.A.D

A right load of bollocks...

Re: S.A.D

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:51 am

Wilson wrote:I hate this time of year. Now the kids are teenagers I don't even look forward to Christmas anymore, it's just hard work & drains my bank account. I'm on count down to Spring time and don't care if that makes me a miserable old witch. The whole thing's just shit.

what do You need to but? do you send christmss cards? 12 days before decorate your house. Bring memories of Home to thd foreftont of Your mind. People living in the past often neglect remembering the joy. if more people remember the amazing time more often depression will be vanquised.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: S.A.D

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:07 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Wilson wrote:I hate this time of year. Now the kids are teenagers I don't even look forward to Christmas anymore, it's just hard work & drains my bank account. I'm on count down to Spring time and don't care if that makes me a miserable old witch. The whole thing's just shit.

what do You need to but? do you send christmss cards? 12 days before decorate your house. Bring memories of Home to thd foreftont of Your mind. People living in the past often neglect remembering the joy. if more people remember the amazing time more often depression will be vanquised.

*need to buy*
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: S.A.D

Postby Abs » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 am

Gabby wrote:Seasonal affective disorder... anyone suffer from it?... it seems to be rife on here judging by all the grouchy fuckers today! :SShock:

Soon be Christmas! :holly:

:fire:



Nah! My S.A.D. lasts all year.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: S.A.D

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:51 am

Gabby wrote:Seasonal affective disorder... anyone suffer from it?... it seems to be rife on here judging by all the grouchy fuckers today! :SShock:

Soon be Christmas! :holly:

:fire:


I used to but I changed my lifestyle and i’m out in nature a lot more which helps.
Also Hygge, the Danish invention that turns a negative into a positive really easily.
I quite like this cosy time of year now.


(Plus it helps that I know that I’m off for some sun, sea and sand soon) :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 25197
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby Abs » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:Seasonal affective disorder... anyone suffer from it?... it seems to be rife on here judging by all the grouchy fuckers today! :SShock:

Soon be Christmas! :holly:

:fire:


I used to but I changed my lifestyle and i’m out in nature a lot more which helps.
Also Hygge, the Danish invention that turns a negative into a positive really easily.
I quite like this cosy time of year now.


(Plus it helps that I know that I’m off for some sun, sea and sand soon) :gigglesnshit:


Sounds nice.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: S.A.D

Postby Gabby » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:14 pm

McAz wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
McAz wrote:
Gabby wrote:Sorry folks if i’m about to put you off pork pie for life! :gigglesnshit:

Why is a pork pie like a pensioners fanny?....... you bite off the crust and lick out the jelly to get to the meat! :laughing:


:shake head:

That's put me right off pensioner's fannies.



Poor Mrs McAz :gigglesnshit:

Huh? It's not a problem for her, she gave up rugmunching years ago. :scratch:


:pmsl:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 16743
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby Gabby » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Goodwife wrote:
McAz wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
McAz wrote:
Gabby wrote:Sorry folks if i’m about to put you off pork pie for life! :gigglesnshit:

Why is a pork pie like a pensioners fanny?....... you bite off the crust and lick out the jelly to get to the meat! :laughing:


:shake head:

That's put me right off pensioner's fannies.



Poor Mrs McAz :gigglesnshit:

Huh? It's not a problem for her, she gave up rugmunching years ago. :scratch:


Well that went right over your head :gigglesnshit:


Never mind


It didn’t.... it went right over yours! :laughing:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 16743
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby Wilson » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Wilson wrote:I hate this time of year. Now the kids are teenagers I don't even look forward to Christmas anymore, it's just hard work & drains my bank account. I'm on count down to Spring time and don't care if that makes me a miserable old witch. The whole thing's just shit.

what do You need to but? do you send christmss cards? 12 days before decorate your house. Bring memories of Home to thd foreftont of Your mind. People living in the past often neglect remembering the joy. if more people remember the amazing time more often depression will be vanquised.


I hate the build up do always quite enjoy Christmas day and I have a special birthday in December so there's lots to look forward to. I just need to give my head a wobble sometimes.
User avatar
Wilson
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby xtras1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Wilson wrote:I hate this time of year. Now the kids are teenagers I don't even look forward to Christmas anymore, it's just hard work & drains my bank account. I'm on count down to Spring time and don't care if that makes me a miserable old witch. The whole thing's just shit.



I think you & ray should go down the pub have a pint.. :ooer:
User avatar
xtras1
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:Seasonal affective disorder... anyone suffer from it?... it seems to be rife on here judging by all the grouchy fuckers today! :SShock:

Soon be Christmas! :holly:

:fire:


I used to but I changed my lifestyle and i’m out in nature a lot more which helps.
Also Hygge, the Danish invention that turns a negative into a positive really easily.
I quite like this cosy time of year now.


(Plus it helps that I know that I’m off for some sun, sea and sand soon) :gigglesnshit:


Sounds nice.


Hopefully, had to change plans for a cheaper option.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 25197
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby Gabby » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:Seasonal affective disorder... anyone suffer from it?... it seems to be rife on here judging by all the grouchy fuckers today! :SShock:

Soon be Christmas! :holly:

:fire:


I used to but I changed my lifestyle and i’m out in nature a lot more which helps.
Also Hygge, the Danish invention that turns a negative into a positive really easily.
I quite like this cosy time of year now.


(Plus it helps that I know that I’m off for some sun, sea and sand soon) :gigglesnshit:


Sounds nice.


Hopefully, had to change plans for a cheaper option.


Southend? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 16743
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby jra » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:08 am

Gabby wrote:Jokes aside! :gigglesnshit: .... I go on a sun bed occasionally throughout the winter, pretend i’m lay on the beach! :laughing:


Suggest you don't use sun beds.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questi ... beds-safe/

https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/sunbeds-cause-cancer/
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby Cobs » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:46 am

Also the Sunbeds (Regulation) Act 2010 is very clear on the interaction of sunbeds and minors.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/216373/dh_125982.pdf

Scenario 4
A cubicle-type sunbed is in a private room reserved for users of the sunbed. Two sisters, F who is 19 and G who is 17, both enter the private room. The private room is an enclosed space reserved for users of that sunbed and so the whole of the private room and the cubicle-type sunbed inside it are a restricted zone. An offence has been committed as G should not be present in a restricted zone.
User avatar
Cobs
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:53 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby Wilson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:46 am

xtras1 wrote:
Wilson wrote:I hate this time of year. Now the kids are teenagers I don't even look forward to Christmas anymore, it's just hard work & drains my bank account. I'm on count down to Spring time and don't care if that makes me a miserable old witch. The whole thing's just shit.



I think you & ray should go down the pub have a pint.. :ooer:


No Thanks.
User avatar
Wilson
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Re: S.A.D

Postby jra » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:47 pm

For me it's when I see the leaves falling to the ground.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests