Rang-tan

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Rang-tan

Postby George » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
George wrote:
Stooo wrote:
George wrote:I like it but I suspect that Iceland sell loads of items that contain palm oil

They're not, that's the gist of the message. No palm oil in our products.

How much in US dollars does a palm oil farmer make each year as a matter of interest?

Oh I take it back then. Good for them

Sorry for being so sharp.

I really can't see how his advert PSU is breaking any rules, share it all over the place and try save the Rang-tans.

I did not take it as sharp Stoo, I should have read more before jumping to conclusions, I just assumed as they sell cheap food.
George

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Goodwife wrote:What has it got to do with Xmas though?

Before anyone jumps on me and twists my post. It is being labelled in the media as Icelands banned xmas advert. In my (humble) opinion there is nothing Christmassy about it

You are right.. not chrismassy at all. Maybe the timing.?

What better timing? have you heard about the outrage that Kevin has caused with his dodgy driving?

Fucking Kevin... :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Before anyone jumps on me and twists my post. It is being labelled in the media as Icelands banned xmas advert. In my (humble) opinion there is nothing Christmassy about it

What better timing? have you heard about the outrage that Kevin has caused with his dodgy driving?

:pmsl: very good.. :)
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:20 pm

George wrote:
Stooo wrote:
George wrote:
Stooo wrote:
George wrote:I like it but I suspect that Iceland sell loads of items that contain palm oil

They're not, that's the gist of the message. No palm oil in our products.

How much in US dollars does a palm oil farmer make each year as a matter of interest?

Oh I take it back then. Good for them

Sorry for being so sharp.

I really can't see how his advert PSU is breaking any rules, share it all over the place and try save the Rang-tans.

I did not take it as sharp Stoo, I should have read more before jumping to conclusions, I just assumed as they sell cheap food.

I can get a boned lamb shoulder from the supermarket down the road for eight quid because it isn't selling, cheap food depends on a lot of things. Forgive me, I've been on Twitter and am a bit fractious :shame:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:22 pm

Iceland explain

"the advert wasn’t approved by advertising regulators as it was seen to be in support of a political issue. The production and widespread usage of palm oil is a complex and sometimes controversial matter. However, it was never our intention to use its Christmas advert to support a political campaign – rather to raise awareness and solidify our position on not using palm oil in food production. Thanks for getting in touch and showing your support."
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Wilson wrote:

Apparently they had a "Christmas slot" and this is what they decided to fill it with, rather than a Christmas ad.

I know it raises an important issue but by god it is depressing. I bet whatever marketing exec came up with this won't he doing an Iceland ad again.
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

:shake head: :shake head:

Aldi and its cheap rip off :shake head: :shake head:
Goodwife

Postby xtras1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Goodwife wrote:Iceland explain

"the advert wasn’t approved by advertising regulators as it was seen to be in support of a political issue. The production and widespread usage of palm oil is a complex and sometimes controversial matter. However, it was never our intention to use its Christmas advert to support a political campaign – rather to raise awareness and solidify our position on not using palm oil in food production. Thanks for getting in touch and showing your support."

Oh thanks for that .. :thumbsup:
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

It's better than Santa :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:28 pm

I wonder if they are quite so arsed about branded products that they sell with high profit margins

I believe Aunt Bessie, Dove, Chicago Town, Colgate & Johnsons all use it - what is worse is that they don't have to list it, it can be listed under 'vegetable oil' (I think)
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby George » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I wonder if they are quite so arsed about branded products that they sell with high profit margins

I believe Aunt Bessie, Dove, Chicago Town, Colgate & Johnsons all use it - what is worse is that they don't have to list it, it can be listed under 'vegetale oil' (I think)

I try to avoid products with palm oil in but as you say it can be a hidden ingredient
George

Postby Goodwife » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

It's better than Santa :thumbsup:

And you say I gaslight?

Go give your head a shake :shake head:
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 pm

xtras1 wrote:

Thank facebook for stalking me :pmsl:
Goodwife

Postby xtras1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:37 pm

Goodwife wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Thank facebook for stalking me :pmsl:

Oooh dodgy :mrgreen:
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Goodwife wrote:

And you say I gaslight?

Go give your head a shake :shake head:

Carrots exist... :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin