How Many Of You Now Think Differently?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: How Many Of You Now Think Differently?

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Cobs wrote:Corbyn activist is all piss and wind. Shocker.

Pissed more like. 6 Desperados by 10pm :ooer:

Postby McAz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:07 pm

I had to Google Desperados - sounds like they taste ghastly.
McAz

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:08 pm

McAz wrote:I had to Google Desperados - sounds like they taste ghastly.

I wouldn’t attempt one

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Oh they are delicious.

Sound ming, taste like a shandy.
NastyNickers

Postby McAz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:23 pm

NastyNickers wrote:

Oh they are delicious.

Sound ming, taste like a shandy.

Thanks, but I'll give them a miss - never did like shandy.
McAz

Postby calitom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:47 am

McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
Outsider wrote:Now that we are hearing what we may be able to do - (no pun intended) - and may not be able to do any longer, and the fiasco that has resulted through Brexit, would you change your vote knowing this isn't a simple exercise and one that may cost us more than we anticipated?

I would still vote to stay, as I believe there is safety in numbers. This government could have addressed the problems of immigration by itself by playing hardball and imposing restrictions on those entering the UK. France seems to get away with a lot....

On reflection, how do you think you would vote now?

I can definitively say..Based on all the facts..That Brexit is a disaster.

Yep - imagine a bunch of nationalist twats voted to stop your free movement across the United States.

the united states is one country. the eu is not....
calitom

Postby Wilson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Wilson wrote:
McAz wrote:
Wilson wrote:Need to clarify:
When I say there's "an argument FOR Brexit" I'm NOT talking about Theresa May's "compromise". That pointless expensive shite needs voting down ASAP.

Well, get on with it then - though I doubt that it's something we haven't considered.

It's long and complex and I can't do it justice after drinking 6 Desperados. I promise to get back to you.

Sorry for delay but shock horror, I have other stuff to do sometimes.

I learnt yesterday about the obstacles to nationalisation we face under EU law. There wouldn't be one off fees, there would be an endless stream of businesses we'd have to compensate for not using their products, materials, services etc. Something to do with CETA. Obviously if you're not bothered about taking back ownership of our services this isn't important but it is to me & if we're to see the radical change this country needs we need (I think!) to be outside the EU.

I wouldn't want to be outside the EU under our current government but under a government with the political will to improve life "For The Many" I'm willing to give it a try. I just wish someone with a wider platform was making this argument...

And yes, I had 6 Desperados BEFORE 10pm! *clutches pearls*
Wilson

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Wilson wrote:
Wilson wrote:
McAz wrote:
When I say there's "an argument FOR Brexit" I'm NOT talking about Theresa May's "compromise". That pointless expensive shite needs voting down ASAP.

Well, get on with it then - though I doubt that it's something we haven't considered.

It's long and complex and I can't do it justice after drinking 6 Desperados. I promise to get back to you.

I learnt yesterday about the obstacles to nationalisation we face under EU law. There wouldn't be one off fees, there would be an endless stream of businesses we'd have to compensate for not using their products, materials, services etc. Something to do with CETA. Obviously if you're not bothered about taking back ownership of our services this isn't important but it is to me & if we're to see the radical change this country needs we need (I think!) to be outside the EU.

I wouldn't want to be outside the EU under our current government but under a government with the political will to improve life "For The Many" I'm willing to give it a try. I just wish someone with a wider platform was making this argument...

Alky! :more beer: :more beer: :more beer:
Nothing wrong with a few beers Wilson :thumbsup:

As for leaving the EU, it is fucking mental!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Wilson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:02 pm

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/julian ... -interview
https://waronwant.org/what-ttip

TTIP has been largely kicked into the long grass but the EU has signed up to lesser known trade deals through CETA and JEFTA that are just as restrictive.
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:23 pm

This is how much the EU cares about our workers rights...

https://www.elaweb.org.uk/resources/ela ... ght-strike
Wilson

Postby McAz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Wilson wrote:
Wilson wrote:
McAz wrote:

I'm aware (and have been all along) about the position of nationalisation within the EU - it's a old left Brexiteer chestnut which doesn't really hold up. There's a mass of stuff on the web about it to and fro - none of it convinces me that isolationism is a good idea, or that the Clause IV sentiment you cite is remotely threatened.

Forgive me if I don't go into detail, it's for you to research - I must focus my efforts on the wider opposition, we can afford to lose a few confused old lefties.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:29 pm

calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
Outsider wrote:Now that we are hearing what we may be able to do - (no pun intended) - and may not be able to do any longer, and the fiasco that has resulted through Brexit, would you change your vote knowing this isn't a simple exercise and one that may cost us more than we anticipated?

I would still vote to stay, as I believe there is safety in numbers. This government could have addressed the problems of immigration by itself by playing hardball and imposing restrictions on those entering the UK. France seems to get away with a lot....

On reflection, how do you think you would vote now?

I can definitively say..Based on all the facts..That Brexit is a disaster.

Yep - imagine a bunch of nationalist twats voted to stop your free movement across the United States.

the united states is one country. the eu is not....

Ha ha ha - the halfwit in the video you posted said the EU was a superstate. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:31 pm

We had an unhappy marriage, we're having a shit divorce

whatever happens we are fucked, we hold another referendum and stay we're fucked, we carry on with an exit and we're fucked

way to go idiots that voted on nothing more than a clear ploy to entrap those burdened by xenophobia - which in fairness worked

(that's as political as I get)
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Wilson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:36 pm

McAz wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Wilson wrote:
McAz wrote:

I'm aware (and have been all along) about the position of nationalisation within the EU - it's a old left Brexiteer chestnut which doesn't really hold up. There's a mass of stuff on the web about it to and fro - none of it convinces me that isolationism is a good idea, or that the Clause IV sentiment you cite is remotely threatened.

Forgive me if I don't go into detail, it's for you to research - I must focus my efforts on the wider opposition, we can afford to lose a few confused old lefties.

I don't need you to go into detail thanks. I have access to people who's job it is to know this stuff & while I'm absolutely confused (anyone who says they're not is a massive bullshitter) I trust the judgment of those I spoke to yesterday. Obviously I intend on looking into it further but as things stand now, I'm leaning more to Leave than Remain.
Wilson

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:49 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:We had an unhappy marriage, we're having a shit divorce

whatever happens we are fucked, we hold another referendum and stay we're fucked, we carry on with an exit and we're fucked

way to go idiots that voted on nothing more than a clear ploy to entrap those burdened by xenophobia - which in fairness worked

(that's as political as I get)

Weakened no matter how events end. I agree
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms