Favourite kitchen item?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Favourite kitchen item?

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Holly wrote:Thanks Lordy, McAz and Nivarna, you have convinced me, I will ask Santa to bring me one :canny:

Don't delay then - Black Friday sales. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Holly » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:29 pm

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:Thanks Lordy, McAz and Nivarna, you have convinced me, I will ask Santa to bring me one :canny:

Don't delay then - Black Friday sales. :thumbsup:

Oh YES!!!! It's today...but some of the bigger shops have it going till Sunday, so I should be OK :yess:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Hate those fryers! U need to buy frozen chips and you do need some oil. I got one when they came out years ago, and sorry, but I'll stick to my french fries in sunflower oil instead.
measurer

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:37 pm

measurer wrote:Hate those fryers! U need to buy frozen chips and you do need some oil. I got one when they came out years ago, and sorry, but I'll stick to my french fries in sunflower oil instead.

I never use oil. :scratch:

Perhaps you're just shite at using one? :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 am

Gabby wrote:Mine has to be my Copper Chef pan :wubwub: .... I use it for everything, it can go straight from hob to oven, so great for stuff like cottage pie, casseroles, rice pudding, bread and butter pudding etc.... .... nice and deep and holds so much too!

It gets so much use, i’d be fucked without it.... also comes with a chip basket! :wubbers:

Chef, He's worth every cent.

Postby Happy guest » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:55 am

Corkscrew and bottle opener :cheers:
Happy guest

Postby Gabby » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Happy guest wrote:Corkscrew and bottle opener :cheers:

Goes without saying! :leer:
Gabby

Postby Nucks » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:57 pm

My soup pot. :mrgreen: It was rescued from someone who was moving house and didn’t want it. I do casserole type dishes in it too, but it stays hot for a long time after the cooker is turned off so it’s great for when you want a second bowl.

I wouldn’t mind having a slow cooker but our kitchen is too small, the halo health fryer already takes up what spare countertop space we have.

Someone mentioned a knife and I have to agree, a good quality knife is a must. Picked one up at Aldi some years ago and it’s still brilliant. The handle has a nice weight to it, great for quick slicing.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Combi oven. Never been interested in cooking but using the main oven always felt like an even bigger chore.

Since the combi I've never cooked so much in my life and actually enjoy it at times. Still a lousy cook but at least I'm having more hot meals.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:26 pm

https://www.jmldirect.com/kitchen/cooki ... lsrc=aw.ds

I've had one of these for about 3 years and got another in the top of the wardrobe in case it breaks. I've never done a full chicken it but do, do salmon steaks wrapped in foil, pies, and just about anything but not a roast. The beauty is you don't have to be mindful of the cooking time and it pings when it's done. So you can go and do other things whilst it's cooking without the worry of the house burning down.

Postby Niv » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:19 pm

measurer wrote:Hate those fryers! U need to buy frozen chips and you do need some oil. I got one when they came out years ago, and sorry, but I'll stick to my french fries in sunflower oil instead.

I've never used any oil, and I've done fresh, and frozen chips. :yikes:
Maybe the earlier ones weren't as good. Many of these electrical manufacturers work on feedback, they probably had customers complaining that having to use oil :dunno: made them unhealthy, and adapted them. My chips have always been crispy.
Niv

Postby Holly » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:13 am

Nucks wrote:My soup pot. :mrgreen: It was rescued from someone who was moving house and didn’t want it. I do casserole type dishes in it too, but it stays hot for a long time after the cooker is turned off so it’s great for when you want a second bowl.

I wouldn’t mind having a slow cooker but our kitchen is too small, the halo health fryer already takes up what spare countertop space we have.

Someone mentioned a knife and I have to agree, a good quality knife is a must. Picked one up at Aldi some years ago and it’s still brilliant. The handle has a nice weight to it, great for quick slicing.

Slow cookers are fantastic, I've had mine for years. However I don't use mine all the time, I go thru phases and when not in use I have it at the bottom of a kitchen cupboard and just take it out when I need it...could you perhaps store it somewhere out of the way when not in use? Doesn't even need to be in the kitchen.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:28 am

Holly wrote:
Nucks wrote:My soup pot. :mrgreen: It was rescued from someone who was moving house and didn’t want it. I do casserole type dishes in it too, but it stays hot for a long time after the cooker is turned off so it’s great for when you want a second bowl.

Slow cookers are fantastic, I've had mine for years. However I don't use mine all the time, I go thru phases and when not in use I have it at the bottom of a kitchen cupboard and just take it out when I need it...could you perhaps store it somewhere out of the way when not in use? Doesn't even need to be in the kitchen.

It’s a poorly designed house and not much extra space I’m afraid. A cupboard over the fridge would be ideal for storing large stuff that doesn’t get used as often.
Nucks

Postby xtras1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:33 am

This... great knife sharpener best one I have had.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AnySharp-Knife ... ref=plSrch
xtras1

Postby Dean » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:34 am

xtras1 wrote:This... great knife sharpener best one I have had.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AnySharp-Knife ... ref=plSrch

Very useful for a dinner lady...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms