Dreams!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dreams!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Text wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Text wrote:Used to suffer with them many years ago. The episodes were quite random. I'd think "if there's a sudden fire I can't flee, I'm paralysed".
When I finally learnt how to overcome them quite successfully, I stopped getting any attacks in the first place. :dunno: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Are they stress related?

Probably!
You could say that of any weird phenomena tho.
The attacks stopped completely eventually tfft.

Our Abs gets dreadful fugues, she told us. Those must be even scarier.

In that case I may have had one or two a while back. Thought I was dreaming.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Text » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit

What’s that?

When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky

Sounds scary.
How do you know you’re awake? It could be a dream.

Damn good question. You're good at asking questions that are actually quite difficult to answer.
And you're deep. You'd make a good philosopher. :laughing:
Have a nice day, kid.x
Text

Postby LordRaven » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:44 pm

I always find it amusing watching dogs dream, they are hilarious.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby measurer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...
measurer

Postby banana chewits » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Gabby wrote:I don’t recall dreaming that often, but for a few nights recently I keep having the same unpleasant dream :ooer: ... it wakes me up and I think TFFT, it’s just a dream :paranoid:.... but each time I go back to sleep I pick the fucking dream up where I left off!!.... I even got up the other morning initially thinking it was real! :brickwall:

Weird and totally freaky! :dunno:

try some warm milk & a turkey sandwich before bed, it's something to do with tryptophan.
banana chewits

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Gabby wrote:I don’t recall dreaming that often, but for a few nights recently I keep having the same unpleasant dream :ooer: ... it wakes me up and I think TFFT, it’s just a dream :paranoid:.... but each time I go back to sleep I pick the fucking dream up where I left off!!.... I even got up the other morning initially thinking it was real! :brickwall:

try some warm milk & a turkey sandwich before bed, it's something to do with tryptophan.

Not wine and cheese then? :laughing:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:15 pm

measurer wrote:Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...

Sleepwalkers appear to be awake, but they’re not!
Gabby

Postby McAz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Gabby wrote:
measurer wrote:Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...

...until they fall down the stairs.
McAz

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:49 pm

McAz wrote:
Gabby wrote:

...until they fall down the stairs.

Assuming they survive! :ooer:
Gabby

Postby banana chewits » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Gabby wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

Not wine and cheese then? :laughing:

i wish! :cheers:
banana chewits

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:12 pm

No, it's more fucked up than that. SP is fucking awful but you can cope with it by going lucid. You get tells like the amount of fingers on someone's hand being wrong when you're slightly aware in a dream, a light switch not working, something like that. And then BAM you're aware and in a totally controllable environment, it takes some practice...

Part of training yourself for lucid dreaming involves confirming reality so that you have easy ways to tell the difference :twirl:

SP is just dreaming that you're awake and about to get stabbed by something in the dark, if I nap during the day at home I often get frustrated because I'm not able to kip off and am totally awake. I'm not, I'm dreaming about not being able to get to sleep! eyebrow
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Sundaze » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Stooo wrote:

No, it's more fucked up than that. SP is fucking awful but you can cope with it by going lucid. You get tells like the amount of fingers on someone's hand being wrong when you're slightly aware in a dream, a light switch not working, something like that. And then BAM you're aware and in a totally controllable environment, it takes some practice...

Part of training yourself for lucid dreaming involves confirming reality so that you have easy ways to tell the difference :twirl:

SP is just dreaming that you're awake and about to get stabbed by something in the dark, if I nap during the day at home I often get frustrated because I'm not able to kip off and am totally awake. I'm not, I'm dreaming about not being able to get to sleep! eyebrow

I know when mine is starting because I get woken up because I can hear really loud white noise
Sundaze

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 pm

I've had a few dreams about being in the California wildfires rescuing animals. I think is because I saw a picture of the singed cat and rabbit on the Dailymail and it was playing on my mind. I did have some helpers with me but I've forgot who they were.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Guest wrote:I've had a few dreams about being in the California wildfires rescuing animals. I think is because I saw a picture of the singed cat and rabbit on the Dailymail and it was playing on my mind. I did have some helpers with me but I've forgot who they were.

Dean was probably one of them because he's ubiquitous. :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:45 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:I've had a few dreams about being in the California wildfires rescuing animals. I think is because I saw a picture of the singed cat and rabbit on the Dailymail and it was playing on my mind. I did have some helpers with me but I've forgot who they were.

Dean was probably one of them because he's ubiquitous. :smilin:

No. I think he started it with his dodgy gas fitting :laughing:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms