Dreams!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dreams!

Postby McAz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit

Do you also suffer from migraine?
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35279
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Dreams!

Postby Sundaze » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky
User avatar
Sundaze
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:50 am

Re: Dreams!

Postby Sundaze » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:35 pm

McAz wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit

Do you also suffer from migraine?


No I don't get migraines
User avatar
Sundaze
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:50 am

Re: Dreams!

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


You're trapped in an inert body, fully awake with an unknown thing in the room.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 88429
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Dreams!

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky


There are proper cures. I know the horror.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 88429
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Dreams!

Postby Text » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky
Hi Sundaze! Yes the medical term is hypnogogic summat. It's like being stone dead but still conscious. :yikes: Terryfying!!
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 20213
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Text wrote:
Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky
Hi Sundaze! Yes the medical term is hypnogogic summat. It's like being stone dead but still conscious. :yikes: Terryfying!!


It's dreaming about dreaming.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 88429
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Dreams!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky


Sounds scary.
How do you know you’re awake? It could be a dream.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 27370
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Text » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Used to suffer with them many years ago. The episodes were quite random. I'd think "if there's a sudden fire I can't flee, I'm paralysed".
When I finally learnt how to overcome them quite successfully, I stopped getting any attacks in the first place. :dunno: :pmsl: :pmsl:
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 20213
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Text wrote:Used to suffer with them many years ago. The episodes were quite random. I'd think "if there's a sudden fire I can't flee, I'm paralysed".
When I finally learnt how to overcome them quite successfully, I stopped getting any attacks in the first place. :dunno: :pmsl: :pmsl:


Are they stress related?
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 27370
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Sundaze » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky


There are proper cures. I know the horror.


It's horrific.
I suffer less now than I used to but if I'm stressed or ill then I can have 2 or 3 attacks in one night
User avatar
Sundaze
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:50 am

Re: Dreams!

Postby Text » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Text wrote:
Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky
Hi Sundaze! Yes the medical term is hypnogogic summat. It's like being stone dead but still conscious. :yikes: Terryfying!!


It's dreaming about dreaming.

Ah. Layers & layers of dreaming.
As in Vanilla Sky!!
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 20213
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Sundaze » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Text wrote:
Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky
Hi Sundaze! Yes the medical term is hypnogogic summat. It's like being stone dead but still conscious. :yikes: Terryfying!!


Yeah really scary
User avatar
Sundaze
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:50 am

Re: Dreams!

Postby Text » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:53 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Text wrote:Used to suffer with them many years ago. The episodes were quite random. I'd think "if there's a sudden fire I can't flee, I'm paralysed".
When I finally learnt how to overcome them quite successfully, I stopped getting any attacks in the first place. :dunno: :pmsl: :pmsl:


Are they stress related?

Probably!
You could say that of any weird phenomena tho.
The attacks stopped completely eventually tfft.

Our Abs gets dreadful fugues, she told us. Those must be even scarier.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 20213
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:56 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Text wrote:Used to suffer with them many years ago. The episodes were quite random. I'd think "if there's a sudden fire I can't flee, I'm paralysed".
When I finally learnt how to overcome them quite successfully, I stopped getting any attacks in the first place. :dunno: :pmsl: :pmsl:


Are they stress related?


God yes!
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 88429
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests