Dreams!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dreams!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Text wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Text wrote:Used to suffer with them many years ago. The episodes were quite random. I'd think "if there's a sudden fire I can't flee, I'm paralysed".
When I finally learnt how to overcome them quite successfully, I stopped getting any attacks in the first place. :dunno: :pmsl: :pmsl:


Are they stress related?

Probably!
You could say that of any weird phenomena tho.
The attacks stopped completely eventually tfft.

Our Abs gets dreadful fugues, she told us. Those must be even scarier.


In that case I may have had one or two a while back. Thought I was dreaming.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 27370
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Text » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I suffer from sleep paralysis.
That is some scary shit


What’s that?


When your awake but you can't speak or move.
You can have hallucinations as well it's really freaky


Sounds scary.
How do you know you’re awake? It could be a dream.

Damn good question. You're good at asking questions that are actually quite difficult to answer.
And you're deep. You'd make a good philosopher. :laughing:
Have a nice day, kid.x
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 20213
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby LordRaven » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:44 pm

I always find it amusing watching dogs dream, they are hilarious.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 31288
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Dreams!

Postby measurer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13016
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Dreams!

Postby banana chewits » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Gabby wrote:I don’t recall dreaming that often, but for a few nights recently I keep having the same unpleasant dream :ooer: ... it wakes me up and I think TFFT, it’s just a dream :paranoid:.... but each time I go back to sleep I pick the fucking dream up where I left off!!.... I even got up the other morning initially thinking it was real! :brickwall:

Weird and totally freaky! :dunno:


try some warm milk & a turkey sandwich before bed, it's something to do with tryptophan.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Gabby wrote:I don’t recall dreaming that often, but for a few nights recently I keep having the same unpleasant dream :ooer: ... it wakes me up and I think TFFT, it’s just a dream :paranoid:.... but each time I go back to sleep I pick the fucking dream up where I left off!!.... I even got up the other morning initially thinking it was real! :brickwall:

Weird and totally freaky! :dunno:


try some warm milk & a turkey sandwich before bed, it's something to do with tryptophan.


Not wine and cheese then? :laughing:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 18228
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:15 pm

measurer wrote:Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...


Sleepwalkers appear to be awake, but they’re not!
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 18228
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby McAz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Gabby wrote:
measurer wrote:Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...


Sleepwalkers appear to be awake, but they’re not!

...until they fall down the stairs.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35279
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Dreams!

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:49 pm

McAz wrote:
Gabby wrote:
measurer wrote:Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...


Sleepwalkers appear to be awake, but they’re not!

...until they fall down the stairs.


Assuming they survive! :ooer:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 18228
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby banana chewits » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Gabby wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Gabby wrote:I don’t recall dreaming that often, but for a few nights recently I keep having the same unpleasant dream :ooer: ... it wakes me up and I think TFFT, it’s just a dream :paranoid:.... but each time I go back to sleep I pick the fucking dream up where I left off!!.... I even got up the other morning initially thinking it was real! :brickwall:

Weird and totally freaky! :dunno:


try some warm milk & a turkey sandwich before bed, it's something to do with tryptophan.


Not wine and cheese then? :laughing:


i wish! :cheers:
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: Dreams!

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:12 pm

measurer wrote:Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...


No, it's more fucked up than that. SP is fucking awful but you can cope with it by going lucid. You get tells like the amount of fingers on someone's hand being wrong when you're slightly aware in a dream, a light switch not working, something like that. And then BAM you're aware and in a totally controllable environment, it takes some practice...

Part of training yourself for lucid dreaming involves confirming reality so that you have easy ways to tell the difference :twirl:

SP is just dreaming that you're awake and about to get stabbed by something in the dark, if I nap during the day at home I often get frustrated because I'm not able to kip off and am totally awake. I'm not, I'm dreaming about not being able to get to sleep! eyebrow
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 88429
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Dreams!

Postby Sundaze » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Stooo wrote:
measurer wrote:Studies have been done into sleep paralysis, that's probably why they know they are awake...


No, it's more fucked up than that. SP is fucking awful but you can cope with it by going lucid. You get tells like the amount of fingers on someone's hand being wrong when you're slightly aware in a dream, a light switch not working, something like that. And then BAM you're aware and in a totally controllable environment, it takes some practice...

Part of training yourself for lucid dreaming involves confirming reality so that you have easy ways to tell the difference :twirl:

SP is just dreaming that you're awake and about to get stabbed by something in the dark, if I nap during the day at home I often get frustrated because I'm not able to kip off and am totally awake. I'm not, I'm dreaming about not being able to get to sleep! eyebrow


I know when mine is starting because I get woken up because I can hear really loud white noise
User avatar
Sundaze
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:50 am

Re: Dreams!

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 pm

I've had a few dreams about being in the California wildfires rescuing animals. I think is because I saw a picture of the singed cat and rabbit on the Dailymail and it was playing on my mind. I did have some helpers with me but I've forgot who they were.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Dreams!

Postby LordRaven » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Guest wrote:I've had a few dreams about being in the California wildfires rescuing animals. I think is because I saw a picture of the singed cat and rabbit on the Dailymail and it was playing on my mind. I did have some helpers with me but I've forgot who they were.

Dean was probably one of them because he's ubiquitous. :smilin:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 31288
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Dreams!

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:45 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:I've had a few dreams about being in the California wildfires rescuing animals. I think is because I saw a picture of the singed cat and rabbit on the Dailymail and it was playing on my mind. I did have some helpers with me but I've forgot who they were.

Dean was probably one of them because he's ubiquitous. :smilin:

No. I think he started it with his dodgy gas fitting :laughing:
User avatar
Guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests