Disappearing Jobs

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Disappearing Jobs

Postby Dean » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I was brought up to use reasoning and words and evidence. Not my tits. :snooty:

Good to know that, Double Dees.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Dean

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I don’t think most women want to use their powerful sexuality, well not in the workplace anyway. :snooty:
Fvcksake there is more to us you know!

They should use their power anywhere and everywhere - men do.

Oh cringe! Some of the male bosses I’ve had, just couldn’t! :srs?:

Nah, I was brought up to use reasoning and words and evidence. Not my tits. :snooty:
Not in the workplace!

You are more than your tits - you are using a male concept of sexuality here, use your own.

As a male I'd charm the pants off a woman if it suited my purpose - no scruples, no morals. Equality involves competition, and you must use whatever power you have.

Very Machiavellian. Those types leave a bad taste. :again?:

Capitalism - you sell what you have - I didn't invent it. :roll:
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:26 pm

I remember Harold Wilson and his the white heat of technology speech.
Our headmaster complete with cap gown and cane stood often in the local elections for the Labour seat but Labour never ever won as the area was staunchly Tory and still is to this day.
Quite posh.
It made life interesting when said head would give lectures about politics with no hiding of his left wing views.
No complaints either.
On more than one occasion he told us how technology was in my lifetime going to bring about an age of leisure where few would have to work full time or even at all.
The white heat of technology was upon us ... that was 1967.
We believed him.
When mass unemployment arrived under Thatcher I often thought back to him and wondered would it ever be called leisure as opposed to unemployment?
People are still struggling with that one and probably more than ever as our technology now becomes smarter than us!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I remember Harold Wilson and his the white heat of technology speech.
Our headmaster complete with cap gown and cane stood often in the local elections for the Labour seat but Labour never ever won as the area was staunchly Tory and still is to this day.
Quite posh.
It made life interesting when said head would give lectures about politics with no hiding of his left wing views.
No complaints either.
On more than one occasion he told us how technology was in my lifetime going to bring about an age of leisure where few would have to work full time or even at all.
The white heat of technology was upon us ... that was 1967.
We believed him.
When mass unemployment arrived under Thatcher I often thought back to him and wondered would it ever be called leisure as opposed to unemployment?
People are still struggling with that one and probably more than ever as our technology now becomes smarter than us!

Ah yes, the age of leisure - as phony as the free electricity we were promised from nuclear power - and as bogus as the benefits that will flow from Brexit.

You can fool the people English some all of the time...
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
They should use their power anywhere and everywhere - men do.

Oh cringe! Some of the male bosses I’ve had, just couldn’t! :srs?:

Nah, I was brought up to use reasoning and words and evidence. Not my tits. :snooty:
Not in the workplace!

You are more than your tits - you are using a male concept of sexuality here, use your own.

As a male I'd charm the pants off a woman if it suited my purpose - no scruples, no morals. Equality involves competition, and you must use whatever power you have.

Very Machiavellian. Those types leave a bad taste. :again?:

Are you backtracking now? I know it’s something you Machiavellian types do.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I was brought up to use reasoning and words and evidence. Not my tits. :snooty:

Good to know that, Double Dees.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

If you ever had a proper job you’d realise that forums aren’t workplaces.

:gigglesnshit:
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Very Machiavellian. Those types leave a bad taste. :again?:

I have nothing to backtrack from - if it comes down to a choice between you or those I'm responsible for then you lose. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:05 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:

I have nothing to backtrack from - if it comes down to a choice between you or those I'm responsible for then you lose. :thumbsup:

You’re moving the goalposts, another Machiavellian trick.
We were talking about using whatever power you have to get your way at work. It’s all very well advocating women use their sexual power but when they do they get (quite rightly) stigmatised. So it’s not really all that powerful. Would you seriously resort to that tactic to get your way? Wouldn’t you feel cheap or like a cheat in some way?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Dean wrote:Blow jobs get less and less, the older you get...

What's wrong Dean, Has age diminished your ability to suck?

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:

We were talking about using whatever power you have to get your way at work. It’s all very well advocating women use their sexual power but when they do they get (quite rightly) stigmatised. So it’s not really all that powerful. Would you seriously resort to that tactic to get your way? Wouldn’t you feel cheap or like a cheat in some way?

You were talking about that, not me - I haven't worked for donky's.

I am advocating that women use the power they have as females to change the world by changing men. That can and should be anywhere, workplace included.

Men dictate the politics (including the sexual politics) of the workplace and most women are mug enough to compete on their terms. How about they compete on your terms for once?

As to the phony morality that women should be stigmatized because they use the power bestowed on them by nature, well you know where you can stick that - right up the Judaic/Christian male arse that invented it.
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Gabby wrote:
Nivana wrote:
Gabby wrote:Hermes will never disappear... me alone keeps ‘em busy! :gigglesnshit:

Eeek!!! Don't remind me :bawlin: They've been to me 4 times this week :oops:

They’ll always be couriers jobs...

Nope, Amazon has been testing drone deliveries. And some store has a robot (looks a bit like a coolbox) that delivers to your door.

Postby Stooo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Nivana wrote:
Gabby wrote:Hermes will never disappear... me alone keeps ‘em busy! :gigglesnshit:

Eeek!!! Don't remind me :bawlin: They've been to me 4 times this week :oops:

They’ll always be couriers jobs...

Nope, Amazon has been testing drone deliveries. And some store has a robot (looks a bit like a coolbox) that delivers to your door.

Have you seen the massive walk only drives that some people have, let alone the various shape and weight of parcels?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:26 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I am advocating that women use the power they have as females to change the world by changing men. That can and should be anywhere, workplace included.

Men dictate the politics (including the sexual politics) of the workplace and most women are mug enough to compete on their terms. How about they compete on your terms for once?

As to the phony morality that women should be stigmatized because they use the power bestowed on them by nature, well you know where you can stick that - right up the Judaic/Christian male arse that invented it.

Things are changing gradually but it’s happening. I’m not one of those people who believes all the man made rules are bad rules, they just need some tweaking. No point throwing the baby out with the bathwater, if it works use it.

Sexuality should not be used as a tool in the workplace though, that’ll just set things back to more inequality between the sexes in the long run. Nothing to do with religion or morality, it’s just not sensible.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Vam wrote:If all the moaning, virtue-signalling and preaching Murasaki does here is any indication of how she might (note: might) have performed in a professional environment, then any career goals she might (note: might) have missed out on, could simply have been down to her being considered an agitator and a disruptive influence in the workplace.

Therefore, any lack of advancement in her professional career might (note: might) not have had anything to do with gender/ethnicity issues.

Just speculating here... :dunno:

Fucking hell, do you ever stop?
I'd say a lot of people had problems working next to you.

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Things are changing gradually but it’s happening. I’m not one of those people who believes all the man made rules are bad rules, they just need some tweaking. No point throwing the baby out with the bathwater, if it works use it.

Sexuality should not be used as a tool in the workplace though, that’ll just set things back to more inequality between the sexes in the long run. Nothing to do with religion or morality, it’s just not sensible.

Fair enough - I'm white, male, and by most reckoning, privileged. You carry on in whatever way you think advances the concerns of your gender. I've seen no progress since the Seventies - still "tits out for the lads" except now you get shitfaced and believe you are somehow freer.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms