DS Thread #109

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #109

Postby Jon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:34 pm

NastyNickers wrote:The advertising on DS is pretty accurate tonight.

I just clicked on that thread and a Toyota advert told me what the weather was going to be like in the town where I live :ooer:
Jon

Postby TWAT » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:45 pm

How weird .. "adverts" on DS .. haven't seen those in donkeys years ..
TWAT

Postby Jon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 pm

I always run with uBlock Origin, but had to disable it to see the ads. I use Brave browser on my phone, it comes with adblocking built it.
Jon

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:02 pm

I was using an Adblocker on my phone. But it was doing something funky and I stopped being able to access the site.
NastyNickers

Postby jra » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Jon wrote:
guest wrote:The Trotters were great. It was well written, sad and funny at the same time in later years..

I like the old bittersweet comedies. Only Fools, Butterflies, Just good Friends, Goodnight Sweetheart, Ever Decreasing Circles. I don't think there's anything like that these days.

Thing's have moved on a bit.

But similarly and more recently. Red Dwarf, The Big Bang Theory, Two and Half Men, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier.
jra

Postby jra » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Jon wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:The advertising on DS is pretty accurate tonight.

I just clicked on that thread and a Toyota advert told me what the weather was going to be like in the town where I live :ooer:

I'd like to know how my 'new' laptop knew to how load my old background wallpaper (not one of the inbuilt ones), which was on the old laptop. :ooer:
jra

Postby TWAT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:34 am

Jon wrote:I always run with uBlock Origin, but had to disable it to see the ads. I use Brave browser on my phone, it comes with adblocking built it.

NastyNickers wrote:I was using an Adblocker on my phone. But it was doing something funky and I stopped being able to access the site.

Get AdGuard for your phones. Best adblocker i've ever used and one of the few apps worth paying for.

When DS tried to implement an anti-adblocking feature for the main site with one of those pop-up windows that asked you to disable your adblocker if you wanted to read the articles, AdGuard easily defeated it.

It's also one of the best ones for re-drawing the page properly to remove any white spaces that are left by blocking ads.
TWAT

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:50 am

TWATkins wrote:
Jon wrote:I always run with uBlock Origin, but had to disable it to see the ads. I use Brave browser on my phone, it comes with adblocking built it.

NastyNickers wrote:I was using an Adblocker on my phone. But it was doing something funky and I stopped being able to access the site.

Get AdGuard for your phones. Best adblocker i've ever used and one of the few apps worth paying for.

When DS tried to implement an anti-adblocking feature for the main site with one of those pop-up windows that asked you to disable your adblocker if you wanted to read the articles, AdGuard easily defeated it.

It's also one of the best ones for re-drawing the page properly to remove any white spaces that are left by blocking ads.

This was the one I was using I think. I’ll try it again and see if we get on better now.
Attachments
0C4F4E55-25D4-4E96-82B6-31B5A4D62216.png
NastyNickers

Postby TWAT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:55 am

NastyNickers wrote:
TWATkins wrote:

This was the one I was using I think. I’ll try it again and see if we get on better now.

I did use the free version for a while when I had an iPhone but i bought the full version when i realised how good it was. Definitely worth trying again.

Now i'm on Android, I even managed to find a russian website that was selling lifetime keys for about £5 quid so that was a no-brainer.

I haven't had my complimentary russian bride with every purchase yet ..
TWAT

Postby VR6storm » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:02 pm

TWATkins wrote: I did use the free version for a while when I had an iPhone but i bought the full version when i realised how good it was. Definitely worth trying again.

Now i'm on Android, I even managed to find a russian website that was selling lifetime keys for about £5 quid so that was a no-brainer.

Still Galloping the Lizard then?? :whistle: :thumbsup:
VR6storm

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:Only in the world of WaldoUK. Her distaste for anything or anyone chavvy is blatant and yet when asked What do you do to relax/feel good? Her reply is

“Alcohol and an episode of Only Fools and Horses” https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_92232461

I don’t know whether the Trotter’s, fictional, chavvy lifestyle makes her feel superior (gloating whilst she’s sipping on her bargain basement supermarket sherry) or the irony of her own post is totally lost on her. :dunno:

The Trotters weren’t chavs!

Smudges dad once said in one of the showbizx forums that he never liked OFAH because it 'glamourised criminal behaviour'.

I bet the winter nights fly by in his house. Sorry, I mean 'hoose' (he's English but pretends to be Scottish).

Postby TWAT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:33 pm

VR6storm wrote:
TWATkins wrote: I did use the free version for a while when I had an iPhone but i bought the full version when i realised how good it was. Definitely worth trying again.

See now that's one i've never heard before ..
TWAT

Postby VR6storm » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:53 pm

TWATkins wrote:
VR6storm wrote:

See now that's one i've never heard before ..

Not entirely sure where the expression originates, but i believe it's an Australianism.

:more beer:
VR6storm

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:31 pm

I have a question. I was reading Private Eye and I went to the classifieds on the back page and saw this:

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHRISTMAS RAC OPPORTUNITY?

Not a roadside rescue, a Random Act of Compassion LIFE rescue! Desperately need to raise £10,000 for surgery the NHS will not fund. Grateful for all help, a little or a lot, especially from Digital Spy cynics. Genuine humanitarian request

(Bank details)

Who dis?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Stooo wrote:I have a question. I was reading Private Eye and I went to the classifieds on the back page and saw this:

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHRISTMAS RAC OPPORTUNITY?

Not a roadside rescue, a Random Act of Compassion LIFE rescue! Desperately need to raise £10,000 for surgery the NHS will not fund. Grateful for all help, a little or a lot, especially from Digital Spy cynics. Genuine humanitarian request

(Bank details)

Who dis?

Lexi? :ooer:

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive