how much would you spend?

A right load of bollocks...

how much would you spend?

Postby banana chewits » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:42 am

if you had to see your very new partner's parents/family over christmas, how much would you spend on gifts for them? would you get them individual presents or something like a big box of choccies to share?
banana chewits

Re: how much would you spend?

Postby Holly » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:48 am

banana chewits wrote:if you had to see your very new partner's parents/family over christmas, how much would you spend on gifts for them? would you get them individual presents or something like a big box of choccies to share?

I would get a gift from my partner and I...he would know his family and would know what's an appropriate gift. The card attached needs to be signed by both, him and I. So the gift comes from both of us.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:50 am

Holly wrote:
banana chewits wrote:if you had to see your very new partner's parents/family over christmas, how much would you spend on gifts for them? would you get them individual presents or something like a big box of choccies to share?

I would get a gift from my partner and I...he would know his family and would know what's an appropriate gift. The card attached needs to be signed by both, him and I. So the gift comes from both of us.

that's a good idea, thanks!
banana chewits

Postby Vam » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 am

A joint gift - maybe a small prettily-wrapped hamper?

And to really ingratiate yourself - there's still time for a Fortnums order! :mrgreen:
Vam

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:25 am

Vam wrote:

A joint gift - maybe a small prettily-wrapped hamper?

And to really ingratiate yourself - there's still time for a Fortnums order! :mrgreen:

F&M finished taking Christmas orders yesterday because of the postal strikes here in the UK. :smilin:

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:49 am

A small hamper is the best idea or maybe a nice bottle of something and posh chocs. Something that can be shared.
Cleopatra

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:52 am

How about a board game for all to play and bring the family (old and new) together? :canny:

Postby Jobless Oddball » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:41 pm

You can't go wrong with some Black Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby dis » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:08 pm

I always made my in-laws tablet, a Christmas cake, treacle toffee, cranberry and white chocolate biscuits and biscotti and a bottle of wine, all wrapped up in sparkly paper.
dis

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm

A pot of whelks each, at my age they'd be in their nineties and glad of something to gum... :wink:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 pm

a hamper of dark chocolate whelks it is!

thanks for the tips everyone. :wubwub:
banana chewits

Postby Nucks » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Too late for an Anne Summers gift card?
Nucks

Postby banana chewits » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:42 am

Nucks wrote:Too late for an Anne Summers gift card?

i'll send you one. :mrgreen:
banana chewits

Postby jra » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:02 am

Nothing really. Giving gifts in this case is a form of bribery in order to get the parents acceptance. But, for the sake of peace the usual stuff.
jra

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:19 am

I'd buy small generic gifts for all of them

possibly nice chocs for females, maybe whisky/port for males, or champagne/wine each for them, depends on the offers I see when out and about and also on whether partner had mentioned their specific likes (along the lines of 'mother is a demon for the gin')

if the relationship is very new what I wouldn't do is indulge in any joint presents, it presents the relationship as something that might be more than it is, I'd feel uncomfortable with that - but that's just my personal feeling
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms