Christmas Whine

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Christmas Whine

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 am

measurer wrote:Did you go to the beer festival in Glassford, Art?
the gleshert : D it is closer to Sandford (the farm :D ) : ) every year if I remeber. axe throwing and games for kids. a small event that is quite family oriented. the local roundtable always set up a bbq. it is more a promotion of the local brewery than a festival. they do have afew events over the summer. bikers, the gala raft race and a few other happenings.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:04 am

measurer wrote:You're into Latex and Leather? You're a dark horse, Art! :ooer:

:mrgreen:

natural fibers keep You warm. and I don't like mixing materials. since I was about 12 I started to consider the rubber sole. other than leather soled shoes which have little grip I thought why not latex since I am already wearing rubber soles. I prefer clothing fit for purpose and environment. though latex is a modern thing. never actually wore it. the kinky cheap stuff doesn't appeal to My tastes. then again the expensive bespoke kinky stuff dose. It is just clothes. if I dated a vegan she wouldn't like that I wear leather.

miss My leather jacket, some fantastic adventures in that. a friend painted one of the testaments album covers on the back (one reson why I chose My avitar as, what You call it again Stooo, libre something? I remeber You mentioned it a few years ago after You told Me again afew months ago.), motely crew at the belt and something else, oh anthrax. slayer are playing their last festival next year. never seen them live and the line up is awsome.
art0hur0moh

Postby measurer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:51 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
the gleshert : D it is closer to Sandford (the farm :D ) : ) every year if I remeber. axe throwing and games for kids. a small event that is quite family oriented. the local roundtable always set up a bbq. it is more a promotion of the local brewery than a festival. they do have afew events over the summer. bikers, the gala raft race and a few other happenings.

I meant to come over this year but by the time I remembered, the photos were online and it was over. Maybe next year.
measurer

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:58 pm

measurer wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

I meant to come over this year but by the time I remembered, the photos were online and it was over. Maybe next year.

I usually find out what is happening when a friend visits on the day and asks if I am going :pmsl: or I find out by visiting the weavers monday club. I get all the gossip for the past week and information about the following week's events. been meaning to join the roundtable for a while.
art0hur0moh

Postby Meg » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:15 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I haven’t got any on. :ooer:

What an appealing thought! :pukeup:

actually, underwear trap bacteria.

Isn't that the point. I'd rather my pants do that than my trousers :ooer:
Meg

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:17 pm

Meg wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I haven’t got any on. :ooer:

What an appealing thought! :pukeup:

actually, underwear trap bacteria.

Isn't that the point. I'd rather my pants do that than my trousers :ooer:

The friction. :yikes:
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Had some relatives over today and if I never see them again it will be too soon.

Have to do the "family Christmas" thing out of obligation to grandma but as much as I adore her I've decided this is my last year. It is too distressing when the visitors are the most screwed up bunch of narcissists in the entire world.

I need a drink! Or something stronger.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:32 pm

measurer wrote:Having just gotten back from the "Christmas" shop, I am wondering why we put ourselves through all of it. It's not as if children know that it's about Jesus, in fact I think they think it's all to do with Saint Nick. How many mangers do you see compared to Santa's?

Crazy and anxious people going around shouting at each other, car jams and empty shelves - is this what we call a Celebration? I don't think so. Parents are all too concerned with how much they can buy for little Freddie's Christmas rather than showing what it's supposed to be about - Love, Peace, Goodwill and Family/Friends.

Maybe I'm just getting too jaded by it all now that I have no young kids to appease, but I often wish that we could choose to celebrate it or not, but no choice here, shops will close and services disrupted.

It's become far too geared towards emptying people's pockets. Glad to be home and away from the madness. Monday I dare say will be worse......

So, have you yet to brave the madding crowds? :ooer:

I leave it until january :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby jra » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:30 pm

I've been watching UK Border Control programmes on Pick.

It must be a good time of year to seize money, alcohol, cigarettes and drugs and for some of these people to distribute amongst themselves, their family and friends.

Surely, nobody believes all of these things get destroyed.

Much of the above will no doubt apply to the police.
jra

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms