Brexit

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Brexit

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Vince Cable has announced that the Lib Dems will not support any more tabled votes of no confidence in Theresa May. In other words, they all of a sudden have confidence in her. It's like 2010 all over again. One less vote for him not to turn up for.

We don't want to waste precious Parliamentary time at this crucial period in our country's history. It sounds different now...

May probably offered him the elixir of life and a bacon butty....tough negotiations, I mean, what do you offer a man who wants for nothing and nothing wants? :shake head:

No. Both the Lib Dems and Labour are doing the correct thing.

There are only two realistic outcome at this late stage in my opinion: a negotiated deal or no deal. May is boxed into a corner by the nutcases in her party who will accept / want no deal and will hold the threat of splitting the Conservative party over her in order to do so. The other parties need to "force" her into a more moderate position to defeat the idiots in her party and obtain a deal which can get through Parliament. The Lib Dems are doing that by pushing for a 2nd referendum and Labour by saying no deal must be off the table.

Result - deal. Maybe this won't be an utter clusterfuck after all.

I don't think that's quite true Avon as the ones trying to destroy her get rid of her just voted to support her because their own positions may have come under threat had the vote of no confidence in the government come to pass. Rees Mogg was quick to support her the slimy little shit.
It's not about Brexit really with the likes of him it's about him position etc and the Tory party is full of them.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Vince Cable has announced that the Lib Dems will not support any more tabled votes of no confidence in Theresa May. In other words, they all of a sudden have confidence in her. It's like 2010 all over again. One less vote for him not to turn up for.

We don't want to waste precious Parliamentary time at this crucial period in our country's history. It sounds different now...

May probably offered him the elixir of life and a bacon butty....tough negotiations, I mean, what do you offer a man who wants for nothing and nothing wants? :shake head:

There are only two realistic outcome at this late stage in my opinion: a negotiated deal or no deal. May is boxed into a corner by the nutcases in her party who will accept / want no deal and will hold the threat of splitting the Conservative party over her in order to do so. The other parties need to "force" her into a more moderate position to defeat the idiots in her party and obtain a deal which can get through Parliament. The Lib Dems are doing that by pushing for a 2nd referendum and Labour by saying no deal must be off the table.

I don't think that's quite true Avon as the ones trying to destroy her get rid of her just voted to support her because their own positions may have come under threat had the vote of no confidence in the government come to pass. Rees Mogg was quick to support her the slimy little shit.
It's not about Brexit really with the likes of him it's about him position etc and the Tory party is full of them.

I've got to run but quickly: Corbyn Government & No Deal or Conservative party & No Deal - they are playing the game and running down the clock...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:02 pm

[/quote]

I've got to run but quickly: Corbyn Government & No Deal or Conservative party & No Deal - they are playing the game and running down the clock...[/quote]

Right I'm with you.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:03 pm

The Greens have said much the same. Nothing more than a political stunt that only Labour saw through!

The LibDems seem to be the ones that will curtail to the Tories!

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Guest wrote:Image

The Greens have said much the same. Nothing more than a political stunt that only Labour saw through!

The LibDems seem to be the ones that will curtail to the Tories!

Um, we said no as well.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jra » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:55 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

What other options are there?

You either make a deal or you don't. :dunno:
jra

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 am

jra wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Revoke Article 50 - remain / second referendum - possible remain. Don't think either are likely outcomes though.
Avon Barksdale

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
jra wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:We don't want to waste precious Parliamentary time at this crucial period in our country's history. It sounds different now...

Revoke Article 50 - remain / second referendum - possible remain. Don't think either are likely outcomes though.

Oh I don't know about that, we seem to inching closer and closer to staying in.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby measurer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:54 pm

Yep and as she so often recites - "it's the people's wish to leave, well let's see if the people have any trust left in a government that can't find it's way out of a wet paper bag.
Time for another People's vote......and of course the EU have told us in no uncertain terms we were welcome to withdraw Art 50 and stay just before a vote was to be held, but was delayed...... Cynical much? YES I AM.
measurer

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 pm

measurer wrote:Yep and as she so often recites - "it's the people's wish to leave, well let's see if the people have any trust left in a government that can't find it's way out of a wet paper bag.
Time for another People's vote......and of course the EU have told us in no uncertain terms we were welcome to withdraw Art 50 and stay just before a vote was to be held, but was delayed...... Cynical much? YES I AM.

I can't see that there has been any plan in place other than to collude with the EU to make Brexit look so dreadful that even the most die hard Leavers have a rapid rethink and we stay in.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:50 pm

LordRaven wrote:
measurer wrote:Yep and as she so often recites - "it's the people's wish to leave, well let's see if the people have any trust left in a government that can't find it's way out of a wet paper bag.

I can't see that there has been any plan in place other than to collude with the EU to make Brexit look so dreadful that even the most die hard Leavers have a rapid rethink and we stay in.

You need to collude over a pile of shit?

You have just trodden in it, call it for what it is rather than introduce collusion bullshit into the debate.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:22 pm

This really can't carry on.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:22 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

You have just trodden in it, call it for what it is rather than introduce collusion bullshit into the debate.

With a Remain PM and Parliament, and the rest of the EU wanting us to stay in I am convinced they have all colluded to make Brexit look unbearable.

Or are you honestly saying this has not been planned, that Britain would fail so badly and the EU would hold the position of power?

I am rather happy, I think their plan is going rather well and it will eventually achieve its goal --Brexit won't happen.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Or are you honestly saying this has not been planned,

You're suggesting a conspiracy .......
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Truthy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 am

Its a cold morning in Weimar...
Truthy

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms