Brexit

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Brexit

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:45 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Remainers always called Brexiteers "Little Englanders" as if that's a negative thing.

Being "Little Englanders" would have kept us out of both WWI and WWII and saved a million lives.

Foreign alliances and treaty obligations brought us into both those wars.

Are you saying the Scots, Welsh and Irish are to blame?

No the alliances were with France and Belgium in WWI and France and Poland in WWII.

Whereas "splendid isolation" would have saved over a million lives.

No-one talks about "Little Swedes" or "Little Swiss" do they when they stay neutral?

Or Little Britons?

Lady Murasaki

Postby Text » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:49 pm

These days it's very rare that Theresa is allowed out of her default position which is ..... up the creek without a paddle.

Marvel's Andy Serkis sums up her inner turmoil her rather well, I feel. Ticking clock in the background!
The only thing missing is the bit at the end where she's rocking back & forth, alone, in the corner of a darkened room muttering "go away, go away" :yikes:

Text

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Remainers always called Brexiteers "Little Englanders" as if that's a negative thing.

Being "Little Englanders" would have kept us out of both WWI and WWII and saved a million lives.

Foreign alliances and treaty obligations brought us into both those wars.

Are you saying the Scots, Welsh and Irish are to blame?

No the alliances were with France and Belgium in WWI and France and Poland in WWII.

Whereas "splendid isolation" would have saved over a million lives.

No-one talks about "Little Swedes" or "Little Swiss" do they when they stay neutral?

Or Little Britons?

I was wondering who'd be the first to take that angle :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 pm

You never guessed it’d be me!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Text » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Theresa is heartless.
Disliked her since the day i saw her 'vowing' to investigate child abuse among her own previous peers. (About 5 years ago)
Her voice rang with insincerity att, you just knew the mealy mouthed witch did not have the slightest intention of doing so.
Hypocrite!

Impressionist Jan Ravens destroyed her with her pisstakes in the same way Baldwin destroyed Trump.
Good for a laff :pmsl: if you have a couple of minutes to spare, to google it on YT.
Text

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:You never guessed it’d be me!

Nope!

Incidentally we never hear of the SNP being called Little Scotlanders, and I have no idea what to call Welsh Nationalists? Little Welshies? :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Text wrote:Theresa is heartless.
Disliked her since the day i saw her 'vowing' to investigate child abuse among her own previous peers. (About 5 years ago)
Her voice rang with insincerity att, you just knew the mealy mouthed witch did not have the slightest intention of doing so.
Hypocrite!

Impressionist Jan Ravens destroyed her with her pisstakes in the same way Baldwin destroyed Trump.
Good for a laff :pmsl: if you have a couple of minutes to spare, to google it on YT.

Mmmmmh? I am guessing you know nothing about her parents and her unbringing/family history etc :whistle:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:54 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Text wrote:Theresa is heartless.
Hypocrite!

Mmmmmh? I am guessing you know nothing about her parents and her unbringing/family history etc :whistle:

She calls herself a christian, but just like many of em, are full of shit and don't a fuck about anyone apart from themselves. I often see them as very pitiful and nasty little people, they are well aware of how utterly contemptable they are but use their faith as some kind of get out for free card in their warped and moronic brains! :pmsl:

Her father was a preacher, but there's a lot of controversy surrounding him. Seems like he was just another evil cunt that used his frock to give him an air of being respectful :pukeup:

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Vince Cable has announced that the Lib Dems will not support any more tabled votes of no confidence in Theresa May. In other words, they all of a sudden have confidence in her. It's like 2010 all over again. One less vote for him not to turn up for.

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Guest wrote:Vince Cable has announced that the Lib Dems will not support any more tabled votes of no confidence in Theresa May. In other words, they all of a sudden have confidence in her. It's like 2010 all over again. One less vote for him not to turn up for.

We don't want to waste precious Parliamentary time at this crucial period in our country's history. It sounds different now...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Vince Cable has announced that the Lib Dems will not support any more tabled votes of no confidence in Theresa May. In other words, they all of a sudden have confidence in her. It's like 2010 all over again. One less vote for him not to turn up for.

We don't want to waste precious Parliamentary time at this crucial period in our country's history. It sounds different now...

May probably offered him the elixir of life and a bacon butty....tough negotiations, I mean, what do you offer a man who wants for nothing and nothing wants? :shake head:

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm

:cool:

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

May probably offered him the elixir of life and a bacon butty....tough negotiations, I mean, what do you offer a man who wants for nothing and nothing wants? :shake head:

No. Both the Lib Dems and Labour are doing the correct thing.

There are only two realistic outcome at this late stage in my opinion: a negotiated deal or no deal. May is boxed into a corner by the nutcases in her party who will accept / want no deal and will hold the threat of splitting the Conservative party over her in order to do so. The other parties need to "force" her into a more moderate position to defeat the idiots in her party and obtain a deal which can get through Parliament. The Lib Dems are doing that by pushing for a 2nd referendum and Labour by saying no deal must be off the table.

Result - deal. Maybe this won't be an utter clusterfuck after all.
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

There are only two realistic outcome at this late stage in my opinion: a negotiated deal or no deal. May is boxed into a corner by the nutcases in her party who will accept / want no deal and will hold the threat of splitting the Conservative party over her in order to do so. The other parties need to "force" her into a more moderate position to defeat the idiots in her party and obtain a deal which can get through Parliament. The Lib Dems are doing that by pushing for a 2nd referendum and Labour by saying no deal must be off the table.

My view too, Avon - though I wish Corbyn would confirm Labour's commitment to a 2nd ref.
McAz

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 pm

McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

My view too, Avon - though I wish Corbyn would commit to a 2nd ref.

I don't really care who commits to it as long as someone does and forces the idiots who think that no deal is any kind of viable approach back into their box.
Avon Barksdale

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms