Brexit

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Brexit

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Middens wrote:If worse came to worse could I survive on tinned ham, corned beef and tinned peaches? HP Sauce comes from the Netherlands now. That's a worry too. :mrgreen:

God,tinned peaches... it would be absolute purgatory. And I'm only half joking :mrgreen:

You must have had tinned fruit, otherwise you wouldn't have had any fruit when you were a kiddie. :ooer:

Oh do fuck off you moron, we grow, apples, pears, berries, currants, rhubarb, plums, gages, damsons, quince, medlars, peaches, nectarines, figs and grapes in this country FFS. :roll:

My nana grew much of the above in her garden, along with keeping chickens. She worked, too. Who would have the time for that now.
Cleopatra

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 pm

How can a guest call a guest a moron. BTW - Look in supermarkets - you hardly get homegrown these days. We grow peaches & nectarines?- never knew dat. I like pomegranates so will be buying from abroad.

As for stocking up? Nope, Just no...
measurer

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Middens wrote:If worse came to worse could I survive on tinned ham, corned beef and tinned peaches? HP Sauce comes from the Netherlands now. That's a worry too. :mrgreen:

God,tinned peaches... it would be absolute purgatory. And I'm only half joking :mrgreen:

You must have had tinned fruit, otherwise you wouldn't have had any fruit when you were a kiddie. :ooer:

Oh do fuck off you moron, we grow, apples, pears, berries, currants, rhubarb, plums, gages, damsons, quince, medlars, peaches, nectarines, figs and grapes in this country FFS. :roll:

All year round? :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Which country? Not in the UK we don't. :smilin:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 pm

measurer wrote:How can a guest call a guest a moron. BTW - Look in supermarkets - you hardly get homegrown these days. We grow peaches & nectarines?- never knew dat. I like pomegranates so will be buying from abroad.

It's quite easy to call the guest a moron. No fruit except in cans? :ooer: yes peaches and nectarines are grown in gardens down south in sheltered areas on the Gulf Stream, figs grow in many areas. Even when I was little we got pomegranates as a treat. I guess guest must have had tinned bananas. :ooer: I'm surprised at you, most of the soft fruit we eat in this country is grown in Scotland.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

All year round? :again?:

Who mentioned all year round? Guest said she wouldn't have had any fruit when she was a kid if it didn't come in tins.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Which country? Not in the UK we don't. :smilin:

Lol The Romans grew vines in this country, even along Hadrians Wall. I guess our award winning sparkling wine is made with imported grapes then! Moron.

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Did you see OTHER guests post?
measurer

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Who mentioned all year round? Guest said she wouldn't have had any fruit when she was a kid if it didn't come in tins.

I did, I can get them all year round now. What sort of dick votes to make their lives shittier?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:How can a guest call a guest a moron. BTW - Look in supermarkets - you hardly get homegrown these days. We grow peaches & nectarines?- never knew dat. I like pomegranates so will be buying from abroad.

It's quite easy to call the guest a moro

n. No fruit except in cans? :ooer: yes peaches and nectarines are grown in gardens down south in sheltered areas on the Gulf Stream, figs grow in many areas. Even when I was little we got pomegranates as a treat. I guess guest must have had tinned bananas. :ooer: I'm surprised at you, most of the soft fruit we eat in this country is grown in Scotland.

Back in the day when Cleo and many others here were kiddies, only seasonal fruit and veg were available from local greengrocers was available to the average family, none of the massive importation/distribution to the huge supermarkets within reach of most nowadays especially with there being so many more cars. :thumbsup:

Postby Dean » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

n. No fruit except in cans? :ooer: yes peaches and nectarines are grown in gardens down south in sheltered areas on the Gulf Stream, figs grow in many areas. Even when I was little we got pomegranates as a treat. I guess guest must have had tinned bananas. :ooer: I'm surprised at you, most of the soft fruit we eat in this country is grown in Scotland.

Back in the day when Cleo and many others here were kiddies, only seasonal fruit and veg were available from local greengrocers was available to the average family, none of the massive importation/distribution to the huge supermarkets within reach of most nowadays especially with there being so many more cars. :thumbsup:

How old do you think Cleo is ffs?
Dean

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

I did, I can get them all year round now. What sort of dick votes to make their lives shittier?

When we were kids we didn't just have tinned fruit only...

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Guest wrote:

It's quite easy to call the guest a moron. No fruit except in cans? :ooer: yes peaches and nectarines are grown in gardens down south in sheltered areas on the Gulf Stream, figs grow in many areas. Even when I was little we got pomegranates as a treat. I guess guest must have had tinned bananas. :ooer: I'm surprised at you, most of the soft fruit we eat in this country is grown in Scotland.

Don't fear, I know what is grown here, but a lot aren't. You didn't get pomegranates grown here though...and how mass a market do we have in English figs?
measurer

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That's rubbish. You could get bananas oranges grapefruit grapes pomegranates cherries. They didn't magically appear when we joined the EU. :ooer:

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 pm

We are SPOILT for choice these days. Why would you even argue over fruit? Unless it's a tomato fight.... :dunno:

We won't die without some of them. We can buy tins!!! :pmsl:

(Don't like figs anyway! ) :whistle:
measurer

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms