Help Wanted!

A right load of bollocks...

Help Wanted!

Postby Stooo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:47 pm

I'm a bit fucked off at the moment, I'm in another Trayvon Martin position. I know that I'm regarded as some sort of lefty type but I do try to see both sides of the story as I did with that famous trial and agreed according to the evidence that Zimmerman was innocent.

In the last couple of days, footage has appeared that shows entitled white kids in MAGA hats intimidating a Native American Vietnam war vet who is doing some sort of ceremony with a drum:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46935701

But I've seen the full video that's shot by the so-called oppressed group, the fun starts after 1.11.00 unless you're happy with the madness and goading (including taunting about white school shooters).

The ink's still wet on the condemnation and the original vid's been taken down, what now, how do I stop fake news?
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Help Wanted!

Postby Gabby » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Looks like I ain’t the only one who don’t know what the fuck you’re on about! :ooer:
Gabby

Postby Middens » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:35 pm

An all boys school at a Anti-abortion rally wearing MAGA hats and shouting about walls. They must be used to getting abuse chucked at them! Maybe they should listen to the Pope anyway about that wall.

"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not of building bridges, is not Christian."
Middens

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:44 pm

I'm often happy to apportion blame to both sides in any given situation, however I not scared to pin my colours to the mast of the cause that I believe good and right when it comes to the bigger picture

in short, in war both sides have twats, but only one side has the belief sytem that you are interested in furthering , ergo your support
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Help wanted???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I bet Dean was salivating at the thought of helping to moderate a poxy old forum......................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl:

Until he read the opening post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:47 am

You can’t stop it. Fake news is nothing new. History is written by the victors.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 am

What is it about that video that's supposed to make me feel differently about how the kids were behaving to the native Indian bloke?
Jon

Postby banana chewits » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm

stooo, have you tried ruptly for a news source?
banana chewits

Postby Middens » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:00 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I'm often happy to apportion blame to both sides in any given situation, however I not scared to pin my colours to the mast of the cause that I believe good and right when it comes to the bigger picture

in short, in war both sides have twats, but only one side has the belief system that you are interested in furthering , ergo your support

Yes. I just can't bring myself to have much sympathy for an all boys school on a school trip to anti-abortion demo while dressed in Trump hats. Imagine putting kids in that situation in the first place? In America of all places given the current political climate. :ooer:
Middens

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:14 pm

What a load of old wank - did you really sit through nearly 2 hours of that Stooo? :gigglesnshit:
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm

banana chewits wrote:stooo, have you tried ruptly for a news source?

Among others.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Red Okktober wrote:What a load of old wank - did you really sit through nearly 2 hours of that Stooo? :gigglesnshit:

No as I know how to use YouTube :wink:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Red Okktober wrote:What a load of old wank - did you really sit through nearly 2 hours of that Stooo? :gigglesnshit:

Harsh? :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby jra » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:You can’t stop it. Fake news is nothing new. History is written by the victors.

Indeed.

Fake news is just a trendy new term for what used to be called incorrect/false reporting, lying by omission or propaganda.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... pped-world

In other words hardly a new concept. Whole regimes and dictatorships have been based on 'fake news'.

Remember the expression 'the first casualty of war is the truth' or paraphrased.

In war, truth is the first casualty.
Aeschylus
Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/28750.html
jra

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:Help wanted???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I bet Dean was salivating at the thought of helping to moderate a poxy old forum......................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl:

Until he read the opening post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would have been the highlight of his forum career.
Ray of Sunshine

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms