Food shopping!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Food shopping!

Postby xtras1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Dean wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Can't believe you have never been there awww :pmsl:

I visited Harrod's once a few years ago on a trip to London. I felt like the poor relation. It was so expensive. I think I bought a jar of toffees, to at least feel like I belonged in there before I walked back out. Maybe it's changed now?

They must sell cheap turkey drummers for all of xtras’ fatherless kids!

The only thing you have is a keyboard... :gigglesnshit:
xtras1

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:01 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Dean wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

I visited Harrod's once a few years ago on a trip to London. I felt like the poor relation. It was so expensive. I think I bought a jar of toffees, to at least feel like I belonged in there before I walked back out. Maybe it's changed now?

I don’t even have a keyboard, I use my phone you spastic! :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Dean

Postby Cleopatra » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Dean wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Dean !!
Cleopatra

Postby xtras1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Dean wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Dean wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

I don’t even have a keyboard, I use my phone you spastic! :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Oh right .... so that's how you type :pmsl:

Stop calling me what your mother reared :hand:
xtras1

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Online delivery via Sainsbury's or Ocado. I did try Aldi once and wasn't overly impressed with the choice of goods. I had a look at Tesco online but have yet to actually try it. The cost of my shop is ridiculous, but are the relatively small savings available elsewhere worth moving for.

Aldi and Lidl have come on in leaps and bounds. Their ranges have expanded exponentially over the last couple of years. :snooty:

I'm definitely going to try them! :smilin:

Give them a go, I prefer Lidl personally, and yes the cereal is not as good, but the bread, veg, toiletries, specials, cheese, meat etc is amazing quality and mostly British.

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Online delivery via Sainsbury's or Ocado. I did try Aldi once and wasn't overly impressed with the choice of goods. I had a look at Tesco online but have yet to actually try it. The cost of my shop is ridiculous, but are the relatively small savings available elsewhere worth moving for.

Aldi and Lidl have come on in leaps and bounds. Their ranges have expanded exponentially over the last couple of years. :snooty:

Give them a go, I prefer Lidl personally, and yes the cereal is not as good, but the bread, veg, toiletries, specials, cheese, meat etc is amazing quality and mostly British.

Plus you can get a chainsaw and a ford transit engine from the middle aisle...
Dean

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:10 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Guest wrote:

Plus you can get a chainsaw and a ford transit engine from the middle aisle...

Last biggie was a compressor and a log splitter in Lidl and a cement mixer in Aldi :gigglesnshit:

Postby banana chewits » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:38 pm

:roll:

Stooo wrote:Really good actually, their fresh produce is spot on. In store butchers, bakers and fishmongers even in the smaller sites. Supermarket snobbery is ten fucking years old, grow up.
banana chewits

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:40 pm

I found Harrods food hall offensive - cramped and like a dungeon

Selfridges is far better I think, but the stuff is just for a treat for most people who live within average means, claiming otherwise is just stupidity
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 pm

banana chewits wrote:

:roll:

Stooo wrote:Really good actually, their fresh produce is spot on. In store butchers, bakers and fishmongers even in the smaller sites. Supermarket snobbery is ten fucking years old, grow up.

Wassup? :roll:
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:43 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I found Harrods food hall offensive - cramped and like a dungeon

Selfridges is far better I think, but the stuff is just for a treat for most people who live within average means, claiming otherwise is just stupidity

Exactly .. why claim otherwise :dunno:
xtras1

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 pm

xtras1 wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I found Harrods food hall offensive - cramped and like a dungeon

I dunno, why claim otherwise?

xtras1 wrote: and you think Harrods food hall is expensive now that's sad :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:47 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I dunno, why claim otherwise?

xtras1 wrote: and you think Harrods food hall is expensive now that's sad :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Oh dear .. another one.

Jeez this is funny :pmsl: :pmsl:
xtras1

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Pretending to shop at an expensive place is a little bit sad. I suppose it helps her escape being a dinner lady for a few minutes...
Dean

Postby xtras1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Dean wrote:Pretending to shop at an expensive place is a little bit sad. I suppose it helps her escape being a dinner lady for a few minutes...

Of course you have it in your head I'm a dinner lady.... now your side kick hobbit jumping on your bandwagon. I'm rather surprised you both find it soo sooo expensive.
But then sitting on your arses here all day doesn't pay much :pmsl:

You never been to Harrods for a treat haha.. :gigglesnshit:
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms