Do you make your bed everyday?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Do you make your bed everyday?

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:01 am

I whip my quilt almost completely off the bed every morning, leaving the sheets uncovered all day. I'm not sure why; I seem to remember my Mum doing the same to "air" the bed. As for my dishwasher, I love love love love love it. It is my favourite labour saving appliance and I would never be without it.
Cleopatra

Postby Gabby » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Cleopatra wrote:I whip my quilt almost completely off the bed every morning, leaving the sheets uncovered all day. I'm not sure why; I seem to remember my Mum doing the same to "air" the bed. As for my dishwasher, I love love love love love it. It is my favourite labour saving appliance and I would never be without it.

I’ve never understood the attraction for dishwashers tbh, dirty pots sat in it waiting for more to be added until it’s full enough to switch on! :dunno: .... in the time alone it takes to rinse and stack it after a meal, I can have washed, dried and put it all away.... how much more simple can it be? :dunno: .... I prefer the extra cupboard space rather than some machine for a task that is menial anyway... it’s hardly a washing machine! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 pm

I have a large family...more kids than was planned as I had two multiple pregnancies. They come and go with their mates and my kitchen never sleeps. There is always something cooking and the dishwasher is never off. :smilin:
Cleopatra

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:44 pm

Gabby wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:I whip my quilt almost completely off the bed every morning, leaving the sheets uncovered all day. I'm not sure why; I seem to remember my Mum doing the same to "air" the bed. As for my dishwasher, I love love love love love it. It is my favourite labour saving appliance and I would never be without it.

I’ve never understood the attraction for dishwashers tbh, dirty pots sat in it waiting for more to be added until it’s full enough to switch on! :dunno: .... in the time alone it takes to rinse and stack it after a meal, I can have washed, dried and put it all away.... how much more simple can it be? :dunno: .... I prefer the extra cupboard space rather than some machine for a task that is menial anyway... it’s hardly a washing machine! :gigglesnshit:

Dishwashers are for the lazy, and it's not even as if you can put decent quality dinner services and cutlery etc in them without them spoiling.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Gabby wrote:

My dish washer has two draws, Top one does plates etc, bottom one does pots and pans. Or if only small amount of washing to be down you can use either one. Nothing needs to be sitting around waiting to fill the machine up.

Postby George » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Dishwashers are for the lazy, and it's not even as if you can put decent quality dinner services and cutlery etc in them without them spoiling.

I have put my Denby dinner set in for years and it is still fine.
I would not put in decent knifes or fine glasses though
George

Postby calitom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:13 pm

im a dishwasher addict--but sometimes i think they create as much work as they save
calitom

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:10 pm

Gabby wrote:... or just get back in it how you left it? :kinell:

It would bug me all day knowing my bed wasn’t made before I left home! :thud:

Also, I can’t abide coming back to pots in the sink :shame:.... I don’t have a dishwasher, as I can wash, dry, and put away before the dishwasher has even thought to programme it’s fucking self! :thumbsup:

OCD! Get it treated :pmsl:

Postby Gabby » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Guest wrote:

Also, I can’t abide coming back to pots in the sink :shame:.... I don’t have a dishwasher, as I can wash, dry, and put away before the dishwasher has even thought to programme it’s fucking self! :thumbsup:

Making your bed, being clean, tidy and organised equates to OCD does it? :pmsl: .... fucking idiot! :off head:
Gabby

Postby Nucks » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Gabby wrote:
Guest wrote:

Making your bed, being clean, tidy and organised equates to OCD does it? :pmsl: .... fucking idiot! :off head:

:gigglesnshit: Maybe they just meant that it would bug you all day as a sign of slight OCD. :doomed:
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Nucks wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Guest wrote:

:gigglesnshit: Maybe they just meant that it would bug you all day as a sign of slight OCD. :doomed:

Seems it bugs them more! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby banana chewits » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Gabby wrote:

you don't leave them until they're full, you just put the dirty dishes in and set it off. a dishwasher uses less water than you put in a sink to wash them by hand.
banana chewits

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Gabby wrote:

you don't leave them until they're full, you just put the dirty dishes in and set it off. a dishwasher uses less water than you put in a sink to wash them by hand.

No they don’t.

Postby Jobless Oddball » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 pm

I just don't bother getting out of me bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Maddog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:27 am

I make my bed every time I change the sheets. Probably once a month in the winter.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms