Spring Plantings, What are You Growing?

A right load of bollocks...

Spring Plantings, What are You Growing?

Postby Stooo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Got some tomato plants today, not much room but it's that time of year. What are you growing?
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Spring Plantings, What are You Growing?

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:08 pm

I don't have a greenhouse so I won't grow any fruit/veg till after Easter, but some stuff comes back from last year, might fall lucky with the chilli peppers, and most of the herbs except the coriander come back, especially the bastard mint
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:10 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I don't have a greenhouse so I won't grow any fruit/veg till after Easter, but some stuff comes back from last year, might fall lucky with the chilli peppers, and most of the herbs except the coriander come back, especially the bastard mint

Mint's a nettle, always grow it in the pot rather than in the ground because they can grow a massive root system.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I don't have a greenhouse so I won't grow any fruit/veg till after Easter, but some stuff comes back from last year, might fall lucky with the chilli peppers, and most of the herbs except the coriander come back, especially the bastard mint

Mint's a nettle, always grow it in the pot rather than in the ground because they can grow a massive root system.

yes, it is in a planter all of it's own, I learnt the hard way...
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Feck all - the neighbour's grandson is a destroyer!!! :shoot:
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:43 pm

I’m going to plant some flowers with the kids on Friday. Not sure what yet. We are off to the garden centre.

I know fuck all about fucking gardening though so I’ll probs choose the hardest to keep alive and they’ll all be dead in weeks.
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:45 pm

NN? Someone from ur other forum is trying to involve you in their stupid shenanigans, saying you are 2 faced and slag Dean off there instead of here. THAT is the kind of people ur mixing with. Nice, eh?
measurer

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:46 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I’m going to plant some flowers with the kids on Friday. Not sure what yet. We are off to the garden centre.

I know fuck all about fucking gardening though so I’ll probs choose the hardest to keep alive and they’ll all be dead in weeks.

Thought you didn’t have the kids all week. They are as made up as the fake piccies aren’t they. :gigglesnshit:

Catfish gonna catfish I guess. What you and Gabby post, Try and remember the fibs though.

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:47 pm

measurer wrote:NN? Someone from ur other forum is trying to involve you in their stupid shenanigans, saying you are 2 faced and slag Dean off there instead of here. THAT is the kind of people ur mixing with. Nice, eh?

I don’t mix with them Meas. I haven’t posted there in ages, and when I did it was to defend myself.
The guest is just trying to cause shit.
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Exactly why I deleted it NN. They are here because they have only themselves now to gossip and bitch about. Sad bastards.
measurer

Postby Nucks » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 pm

They have some nice hyacinth seedlings at work, I might buy some but I’ll have to read up a little on how/where to plant them. I’ve got a nice planter box from last year with geraniums in it. If they don’t rebloom I’ll chuck something else in there. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:52 pm

measurer wrote:Exactly why I deleted it NN. They are here because they have only themselves now to gossip and bitch about. Sad bastards.

Sad bastards is exactly right. Just trying to keep feeding the drama. I can’t be fucked with it. Some fucking weird cunts about taking it all far too seriously too.
NastyNickers

Postby Stooo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Nucks wrote:They have some nice hyacinth seedlings at work, I might buy some but I’ll have to read up a little on how/where to plant them. I’ve got a nice planter box from last year with geraniums in it. If they don’t rebloom I’ll chuck something else in there. :mrgreen:

Tesco has some buckets of plants, sweetpeas and stuff like that for a fiver. Sorely tempted.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
Nucks wrote:They have some nice hyacinth seedlings at work, I might buy some but I’ll have to read up a little on how/where to plant them. I’ve got a nice planter box from last year with geraniums in it. If they don’t rebloom I’ll chuck something else in there. :mrgreen:

Tesco has some buckets of plants, sweetpeas and stuff like that for a fiver. Sorely tempted.

sweetpeas are great if you cut the flowers they will continue flowering all summer. Just keep em watered.

Postby Fletch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm

I used to garden a lot but then divorce came along and she kept my lovely cottage garden interspersed with veg. A Geoff Hamilton inspired creation. RIP Geoff. Sadly missed in the gardening world.

Have grown sweet corn, carrots, cabbage, swede, sprouts, (they got wiped out in the storm of 87 when my tree fell on them) purple sprouting broccoli, onions and the whole range of salad stuff. Flowers were numerous including some roses but these days I just devote space to car bits. Or cars. :ooer:
Fletch

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms