Passport Drama

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Passport Drama

Postby Nucks » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:31 pm

I think post-war peace accords were signed with less headache than Brexit.
Nucks

Postby banana chewits » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:43 pm

measurer wrote:
Dinkydoobie wrote:Was anyone else surprised to find out about this radical new rule that your passport has to have 6 months validity to travel to the EU? I always thought that was the case, i know now that it's not but it is for other countries so not much will change for me because i always assumed it to be the case lol

I had thought of that too, but guess what? One report had quoted you would need 15 months validity on your passport, or would need to buy a new one! Maybe they're covering costs of having to transition all things back to the other colour? :dunno:

meas, the 15 months would be for anyone whose current 10 year passport had had an unexpired 9 months carried over from their previous one, to comply with the rule that a passport must have a minimum of 6 months unexpired and have been issued less than 10 years ago. 9 + 6 = 15.
banana chewits

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Admit it you are Nadine Coyle.

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:35 pm

banana chewits wrote:
measurer wrote:
Dinkydoobie wrote:Was anyone else surprised to find out about this radical new rule that your passport has to have 6 months validity to travel to the EU? I always thought that was the case, i know now that it's not but it is for other countries so not much will change for me because i always assumed it to be the case lol

I had thought of that too, but guess what? One report had quoted you would need 15 months validity on your passport, or would need to buy a new one! Maybe they're covering costs of having to transition all things back to the other colour? :dunno:

meas, the 15 months would be for anyone whose current 10 year passport had had an unexpired 9 months carried over from their previous one, to comply with the rule that a passport must have a minimum of 6 months unexpired and have been issued less than 10 years ago. 9 + 6 = 15.

Means zilch to me, tbh. Mine gets to the last 6 month and it's a new one for me - nothing gets carried forward, but cheers for explaining. :)

Looks like someone thinks you are a popstar...... :srs?:
measurer

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Guest wrote:Admit it you are Nadine Coyle.

Doesn't sound like her... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:48 pm

measurer wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:Yes they do, I have already said as much, but the minds of bureaucrats are twisted. Already people are being advised to change passports, and it appears the 6 months you might have left will not be carried forward. (Not being British I never knew this happened).

The UK is causing unrest as they see it - French rioting isn't helping. One thing is for sure - the UK will have obstacles put in their way.And now TM is saying if they don't back her at the next vote, there may be no exit from the EU. I always thought the timing of the court ruling saying we could change our minds about leaving was a bit suss.

The true cost to Britain will be seen if we leave them.

About to eat so I have to be brief...no ones ever left the eu so no one really knows for sure what’s going to happen.
Yes they won’t want leaving to look beneficial so they will make it as difficult as they can but it doesn’t help that Britain doesn’t appear to have gone in with a clear idea of what we want.
Gotto go. :Hiya:

I don't think they ever thought it through much. I fear a lot who voted to leave were sick of immigrants coming willy nilly to this country and seized this chance to make themselves heard. The government could have dealt with immigration in a rational way instead of doing what they have. And yep, I fear the UK is in for a backlash from others, time will tell. Personally, I hope the vote goes against TM, and we don't leave. I have many other reasons for thinking this is the UK's folly, but won't go into them for now.

Enjoy your lunch. :thumbsup:

This week is going to be another tense one with the vote on Tuesday. I think I’ll go on holiday, can’t take the stress!
:scraming:
Lady Murasaki

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Be prepared to have 45 security checks if you're on the way out of the country! (Well 4 at least). And that's before Brexit..

Yes, will be interesting to see how it pans out. Squeaky bum time for TM.
measurer

Postby Vam » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:36 pm

measurer wrote:Be prepared to have 45 security checks if you're on the way out of the country! (Well 4 at least). And that's before Brexit..

Don't put her off from taking a trip, ffs! :mrgreen: We could all use a break...
Vam

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Vam wrote:
measurer wrote:Be prepared to have 45 security checks if you're on the way out of the country! (Well 4 at least). And that's before Brexit..

Don't put her off from taking a trip, ffs! :mrgreen: We could all use a break...

Wifi everywhere Vam, but thankfully I wasn't called off my lazing about this time. :mrgreen:
measurer

Postby Vam » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:43 pm

measurer wrote:
Vam wrote:

Wifi everywhere Vam, but thankfully I wasn't called off my lazing about this time. :mrgreen:

I was just getting to that ... :leer:

:doomed:
Vam

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Just as well really, for everytime I want to sign-in, it signs me right back out again - THEN tells me to contact admin..... eyebrow
measurer

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 am

Vam wrote:

Take a break? Only an operation stops you from posting.
Mind you, you’ve had that many ops you can now talk really well out of your own arse. :thumbsup:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:09 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:

Take a break? Only an operation stops you from posting.
Mind you, you’ve had that many ops you can now talk really well out of your own arse. :thumbsup:

Is the cavernous size of your arse the reason why you never stop talking?
Vam

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms