Trips and holidays 2019

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Trips and holidays 2019

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:01 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
George wrote:San Jose in general. It’s not an attractive city.

Thats why I always go to Filey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

:laughing:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:53 pm

George wrote:It was in the middle of San Jose, nice hotel overlooking a shopping mall,

Was it the Intercontinental??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:00 pm

Or the Sheraton????????????????????????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 am

Greece, here I come. Two weeks of sun, sea, sand and sightseeing. God, it's badly needed.
Cleopatra

Postby Jobless Oddball » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:01 pm

Cleopatra wrote:Greece, here I come. Two weeks of sun, sea, sand and sightseeing. God, it's badly needed.

I've heard that you can't flush ya turd down the shitter in that neck of the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Fletch » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:45 pm

If you are offered flights on a Boeing 737 Max, refuse it and change flights.

737 MAX Ruder Control Does Not Meet Safety Guidelines - It Was Still Certified

The return of the Boeing 737 MAX into regular service is likely to be delayed even further than we anticipated. A new New York Times piece about the deference of the Federal Aviation Administration to Boeing reveals a new technical issue that will likely require an additional refit of the aircraft.

We already knew that there was little oversight over Boeing with regards to the failed Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS):

The company performed its own assessments of the system, which were not stress-tested by the regulator. Turnover at the agency left two relatively inexperienced engineers overseeing Boeing’s early work on the system.
The F.A.A. eventually handed over responsibility for approval of MCAS to the manufacturer. After that, Boeing didn’t have to share the details of the system with the two agency engineers. They weren’t aware of its intricacies, according to two people with knowledge of the matter.

Late in the development of the Max, Boeing decided to expand the use of MCAS, to ensure the plane flew smoothly. The new, riskier version relied on a single sensor and could push down the nose of the plane by a much larger amount.

Boeing did not submit a formal review of MCAS after the overhaul. It wasn’t required by F.A.A. rules.

The results are well know. The single sensor failed and MCAS activated during a critical flight phase. 346 people on two flights were killed.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/07/7 ... ified.html
Fletch

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:07 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Greece, here I come. Two weeks of sun, sea, sand and sightseeing. God, it's badly needed.

I've heard that you can't flush ya turd down the shitter in that neck of the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're wrong. It's just the toilet paper! But bins get cleaned regularly. She'll have the weather. Lots of history, nice beaches, cheap goods. Be able to eat nice food with a sea view for around a fiver. Have the great Greek atmosphere. Nearly everyone speaking English and come home with a great tan

Tip: don't use tour operator to travel around the island. They'll be other cheaper options and coach trips near by. Most probably. Chat with other guests who have been there a few days to find out.

Enjoy Cleopatra.

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Pity you weren't going a week later, as I'm hoping to be over that way soon.

Have a good holiday Cleo. :)
measurer

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:

You're wrong. It's just the toilet paper! But bins get cleaned regularly. She'll have the weather. Lots of history, nice beaches, cheap goods. Be able to eat nice food with a sea view for around a fiver. Have the great Greek atmosphere. Nearly everyone speaking English and come home with a great tan

Tip: don't use tour operator to travel around the island. They'll be other cheaper options and coach trips near by. Most probably. Chat with other guests who have been there a few days to find out.

Enjoy Cleopatra.

Are you an OAP?
Most people under 60 would rent a car or moped to travel around an island while on vacation :pmsl:

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 pm

A bit harsh Guest. :pmsl:
measurer

Postby Jobless Oddball » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Guest wrote:You're wrong. It's just the toilet paper! But bins get cleaned regularly.

Shitty shit paper in a bin????????????????????????????????????????????????? :pmsl:

You lot go to all the best places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:05 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Guest wrote:You're wrong. It's just the toilet paper! But bins get cleaned regularly.

Shitty shit paper in a bin????????????????????????????????????????????????? :pmsl:

You lot go to all the best places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Isn’t that what you have to do when you’re in your caravan in Filey library car park?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:40 pm

With the weather so good here I don’t see much point in holidaying anywhere else

Postby Dean » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 pm

Guest wrote:With the weather so good here I don’t see much point in holidaying anywhere else

Bit difficult to have a swim in the sea if you’re from Dudley!
Dean

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Dean wrote:
Bit difficult to have a swim in the sea if you’re from Dudley!

It appears that holidaying is a foreign concept to Dean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Jobless Oddball

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms