Trips and holidays 2019

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Trips and holidays 2019

Postby dis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 pm

banana chewits wrote:
dis wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
dis wrote:Pitlochry next weekend, Edinburgh for a week end of April. Wanting to go to France but need a passport for the dog and it’s all erse over elbow because of brexit, so no sure what the scoop is with that.

has your dog had a rabies shot in the last 3 months?

No

They said give it now she could go 21 days if brexit delayed

Or give it now and pretty much 4 months after.

we had hoped to go to France end of April but things as they are just going to Edinburgh instead.

that sucks.

Aye

My dog isn’t two yet.

She’s all up to date with her jags but the vet had no idea how best to advise us.

Bah! Can’t be arsed with all this political pish, I’ve enough to be doing with without big teethed rugger ginks deciding my life.
dis

Postby George » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:55 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
George wrote:Just finished a holiday in Costa Rica, lovely place. We saw loads of wildlife including a sloth that you could almost touch, most of the time the were up in the trees. One place had howler monkeys and white face monkeys in the grounds, I nearly had my bag snatched by one. Lots of really pretty birds but despite hearing them we did not get to see a toucan.

Where in Costa Rica did you stay?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We stayed in various places, Puerto Vieja on the Caribbean coast, then Arenal at the foot of a volcano. We then moved onto the Guanacaste Mountains that had a volcano heated river running along side our hotel,and finished the holiday on the Pacific coast. We had a mixture of plannned tours and free days. We also had two nights in San Jose
I would plan it a little different as we did spend a long time travelling due to poor roads and traffic, the travel took a long time for the miles covered. I would probably not do the Caribbean coast if I was to go again unless I had an extra week.
George

Postby Meg » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:41 pm

Off to Cornwall for a week in August and then Cyprus in october

Thinking about booking something for the end of May school holidays but trying t decide if it would be too much of a ballache travelling with a 4 month old.
Meg

Postby banana chewits » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Meg wrote:Off to Cornwall for a week in August and then Cyprus in october

Thinking about booking something for the end of May school holidays but trying t decide if it would be too much of a ballache travelling with a 4 month old.

how is little banana? :wubbers:
banana chewits

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Oh no!
What did you do?

Nobody told me you can't sell library books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno:

:pmsl:

What did you buy with the profit you made?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jobless Oddball » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:22 pm

George wrote:We stayed in various places, Puerto Vieja on the Caribbean coast, then Arenal at the foot of a volcano. We then moved onto the Guanacaste Mountains that had a volcano heated river running along side our hotel,and finished the holiday on the Pacific coast. We had a mixture of plannned tours and free days. We also had two nights in San Jose
I would plan it a little different as we did spend a long time travelling due to poor roads and traffic, the travel took a long time for the miles covered. I would probably not do the Caribbean coast if I was to go again unless I had an extra week.

Where did you stop in San Jose??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And what did you do while you were in San Jose??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball

Postby George » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
George wrote:We stayed in various places, Puerto Vieja on the Caribbean coast, then Arenal at the foot of a volcano. We then moved onto the Guanacaste Mountains that had a volcano heated river running along side our hotel,and finished the holiday on the Pacific coast. We had a mixture of plannned tours and free days. We also had two nights in San Jose

Where did you stop in San Jose??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And what did you do while you were in San Jose??????????????????????????????????????????????????

It was in the middle of San Jose, nice hotel overlooking a shopping mall, we did not do a lot as it we only had overnight from the airport going out and a morning prior to going to the airport on the way back. There was some interesting sculptures near the museum of Costa Rica. On the way to the airport it was quite run down in places with lots grafitti and run down buildings. The drivers and roads were manic in San Jose but outside of the city it was quite quiet so would consider hiring a car if we went again, avoiding San Jose though.
George

Postby Meg » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 pm

banana chewits wrote:

Currently in the midst of the 6 week growth spurt and sleep regression.

It's not fun :bawlin:

But she's cute so I can't be too mad (and I get to watch hey duggee :gigglesnshit:)
Meg

Postby banana chewits » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:05 pm

Meg wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

But she's cute so I can't be too mad (and I get to watch hey duggee :gigglesnshit:)

she's a lucky baby to have such a great mum.
banana chewits

Postby Meg » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Meg wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

Aww, shucks :oops: I do my best
Meg

Postby Vam » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm

Meg wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Meg wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

:smilin: .... How's her big brother doing around her? Is he playing nicely and being protective?
Vam

Postby Meg » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 am

Vam wrote:
Meg wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

:smilin: .... How's her big brother doing around her? Is he playing nicely and being protective?

He's OK. He likes to have cuddles with her and will sit next to her when she is in her bouncer and play fortnite :gigglesnshit:
Meg

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:35 pm

George wrote:It was in the middle of San Jose, nice hotel overlooking a shopping mall, we did not do a lot as it we only had overnight from the airport going out and a morning prior to going to the airport on the way back. There was some interesting sculptures near the museum of Costa Rica. On the way to the airport it was quite run down in places with lots grafitti and run down buildings. The drivers and roads were manic in San Jose but outside of the city it was quite quiet so would consider hiring a car if we went again, avoiding San Jose though.

Avoid San Jose in general or avoid driving in San Jose??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball

Postby George » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
George wrote:It was in the middle of San Jose, nice hotel overlooking a shopping mall, we did not do a lot as it we only had overnight from the airport going out and a morning prior to going to the airport on the way back. There was some interesting sculptures near the museum of Costa Rica. On the way to the airport it was quite run down in places with lots grafitti and run down buildings. The drivers and roads were manic in San Jose but outside of the city it was quite quiet so would consider hiring a car if we went again, avoiding San Jose though.

Avoid San Jose in general or avoid driving in San Jose??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

San Jose in general. It’s not an attractive city.
George

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:00 am

George wrote:San Jose in general. It’s not an attractive city.

Thats why I always go to Filey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms