Far-right forums

A right load of bollocks...

Far-right forums

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 am

Rise in UK use of far-right online forums as anti-Muslim hate increases

Security services and anti-fascist groups warn that today’s extremists are organised and recruiting

Thousands of Britons regularly use online forums that espouse rightwing extremism, it has emerged amid fresh warnings that the UK is facing a “new wave” of anti-Muslim hatred.

So far, though, they have not revealed how many of the 700 or so live terror plots and 20,000 individuals classified as “closed subjects of concern” – people who have previously been investigated and may pose a future threat – are related to rightwing extremism.

However, MI5 said the volume of rightwing cases was “absolutely dwarfed by the number of Islamist cases”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/16/rise-far-right-online-forums-anti-muslim-hate-wave

The problem is closer to home than most people think - I know of at least two people who contribute to this forum who also use far-right hate forums.

I must admit I'm conflicted about what should be done. Should these places be shut down or does a person's right to express hate speech on a forum trump the valid concerns that they may fuel more violence by the far-right?

Once I had no hesitation in saying that free speech trumps all - but after the murder of Jo Cox, not to mention far-right violence in the US, NZ and elsewhere I'm not so sure. No-one would tolerate ISIS themed forums would they?
Last edited by McAz on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
McAz

Re: Far-right forums

Postby Dean » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:39 am

I imagine people like Red and Puzzles frequent these type of forums...
Dean

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:41 am

Dean wrote:I imagine people like Red and Puzzles frequent these type of forums...

I would too - but they are not who I had in mind.
McAz

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:42 am

I'll get to this, just a but late. :)
measurer

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:50 am

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:52 am

Stooo wrote:Image

Fuck off Bishop Brennan. :snooty:
McAz

Postby Guard » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:57 am

McAz wrote:
Dean wrote:I imagine people like Red and Puzzles frequent these type of forums...

Name and shame, or are you too chicken?
Guard

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 am

McAz wrote:Rise in UK use of far-right online forums as anti-Muslim hate increases

Security services and anti-fascist groups warn that today’s extremists are organised and recruiting

Thousands of Britons regularly use online forums that espouse rightwing extremism, it has emerged amid fresh warnings that the UK is facing a “new wave” of anti-Muslim hatred.

So far, though, they have not revealed how many of the 700 or so live terror plots and 20,000 individuals classified as “closed subjects of concern” – people who have previously been investigated and may pose a future threat – are related to rightwing extremism.

However, MI5 said the volume of rightwing cases was “absolutely dwarfed by the number of Islamist cases”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/16/rise-far-right-online-forums-anti-muslim-hate-wave

The problem is closer to home than most people think - I know of at least two people who contribute to this forum who also use far-right hate forums.

I must admit I'm conflicted about what should be done. Should these places be shut down or does a person's right to express hate speech on a forum trump the valid concerns that they may fuel more violence by the far-right?

Once I had no hesitation in saying that free speech trumps all - but after the murder of Jo Cox, not to mention far-right violence in the US, NZ and elsewhere I'm not so sure. No-one would tolerate ISIS themed forums would they?

Topical and a very important subject because of the horror in New Zealand with all those innocents slaughtered, but will you go on to tell us that this is not really a problem like you do when other posters express their concerns about Islamic fundamentalism and even go on to accuse them of being racist?

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:05 am

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:Image

Fuck off Bishop Brennan. :snooty:

Fick off!

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:Fuck off Bishop Brennan. :snooty:

Fick off!

McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 am

Guard wrote:
McAz wrote:

Name and shame, or are you too chicken?

Login in and that will be one we can tick off the list. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 am

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:Rise in UK use of far-right online forums as anti-Muslim hate increases

Topical and a very important subject because of the horror in New Zealand with all those innocents slaughtered, but will you go on to tell us that this is not really a problem like you do when other posters express their concerns about Islamic fundamentalism and even go on to accuse them of being racist?

If it wasn't really a problem then Mark Rowley, the outgoing head of counter-terrorism policing in the UK, would not have warned that the threat from extreme right-wing groups is ‘significant and concerning’.

Islamic fundamentalism is also right-wing.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:27 am

I thought such sites would be closed down or on watch lists.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:

If it wasn't really a problem then Mark Rowley, the outgoing head of counter-terrorism policing in the UK, would not have warned that the threat from extreme right-wing groups is ‘significant and concerning’.

Islamic fundamentalism is also right-wing.

Are you saying they'd vote for Donald Trump then?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:Fuck off Bishop Brennan. :snooty:

Fick off!

I loved that programme
LordRaven
Twat.

Next