A right load of bollocks...

Re: Don't worry - be happy! Good things to smile at

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:47 pm

anyone that ever wondered what made him attractive
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 pm

measurer wrote:Yep, you can aim for happiness but always lurking is the "unexpected", to topple you off your cloud and bring you down to Earth with a bang.

Mmm, yeah. It can take a long time to get back on your feet when the rug gets pulled.
Nucks

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:anyone that ever wondered what made him attractive

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Abs » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I have quite a number of children in my life.
More children than adults now.
Watching them grow and learn is amazing.
There's a not yet two year old who as soon as she gets in my car says Crazy Mamma gandad Crazy Mamma and won't stop till she hears it playing.
She then repeats that whenever she hears it repeated in the song and chucks in a few of the other words he5re and there.
There's a 19 year old who has downs and is working two part time jobs and going to college.
There's a 16 year old boy who is madly in love and doing well in his last moment at school before college there's an 8 year old and I taught her to play blackjack when she was 6 and it's turned into a love of card and board games there are more.
I'm actually a great grandad and have been for a few years.
Their laughter their lives give me a lot to be concerned about but far more fun and laughter and happiness than anything else.
They make being an old fart well worth it.

Well done my old friend, I think you get this when others do not :thumbsup:
And by the way, it sounds as though you are well loved for caring for all--and I mean all!

A few weeks ago I hadn't seen the 8 year old for three maybe four days and when she turned up I was sat in my big armchair reading.
She threw herself at me and hugged me like crazy and then said grandad .... you're the first person I loved!
Talk about well up.
I've missed you she says.
It's only been a few days.
So? I've been missing you.
Another time she said to me .... are you going to die?
Not for as long as possible why?
I don't know what I'll do without you if you do.
More hugs.
It's great to be loved by these kids that's for sure.
Lot's of late night ice creams ... McFurries I mistakenly called them once kind of stuck now.
Picnics on the beach etc.
I'm making the most of it because once they approach teendom the love kind of tapers off and the rows begin.
All part of the growing up process of them becoming independent people but yeah loving being surrounded by kids.
Peppa pig can become a bit tedious but then I've done Thomas the Tank Bob the Builder Blue Cow The Tellytubbies The night Garden and more. :cuppaT:
Granny roll up has them sewing cooking woodworking painting and a bazillion other crafts and arts.
I'm determined to master singing and playing Crazy Mama on guitar and will post it when I decide I can't take it any further .... probably with small female backing.
She doesn't know yet.

Reading this made me cry. I hope you know how truly blessed you are to have children & grandchildren etc. I would give almost anything to just have one grandchild. I know I would have been a great grandparent. Having a child doesn't always guarantee you will get grandchildren, unfortunately.

Reading this also made me smile. It was very touching how you talk about your grandchildren and your proudness of them is evident. The love for you from them is too. It's good to see people who not only enjoy their grandchildren but take the time to do things with them. I think what your wife is doing with them and teaching them is amazing. You and your wife sound like awesome grandparents. Don't ever take them for granted, love and cherish them each new day. You've been blessed and they have been blessed to have you and your wife for their grandparents. :thumbsup:
Abs

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Tom Hardy. :leer: :wubwub:
Cleopatra

Postby dis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 pm

My husband loves me despite me being a runt...runt I said. :slap:

Seriously apart from that my life is utterly shit just now but that’ll do me, that and the fact that my kids, despite being teenagers are still stuck to me like glue, I’ll be alright.

Plus I still have a fantastic ass.
dis

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Teenagers get a bad wrap. It’s when you can have the most interesting conversations with your kids, they come into their own and once you put the hormone rushes aside they’re fascinating. Plus they’re more and more independent! :canny:
Lady Murasaki

Postby banana chewits » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Teenagers get a bad wrap. It’s when you can have the most interesting conversations with your kids, they come into their own and once you put the hormone rushes aside they’re fascinating. Plus they’re more and more independent! :canny:

rap*
banana chewits

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:21 pm

LordRaven wrote:A lot of things that happen in the world today are horrible, heartbreaking and miserable etc --and it does make us feel bad.
However we must sometimes remember that wonderful things too do happen, like this particular individual...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-47610957

Life is one big shit butty, with thin sliced bread and extra shit, but some of it can be be good - surely?

This kid featured on ‘Good Morning’ with Piers Morgan..... what a happy little soul! :wubwub:
Gabby

Postby Nucks » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 pm

dis wrote:My husband loves me despite me being a runt...runt I said. :slap:

Seriously apart from that my life is utterly shit just now but that’ll do me, that and the fact that my kids, despite being teenagers are still stuck to me like glue, I’ll be alright.

Okay, enough about your husband. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby LordRaven » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Nucks wrote:
dis wrote:My husband loves me despite me being a runt...runt I said. :slap:

Okay, enough about your husband. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:
LordRaven
Twat.

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms