Don't worry - be happy! Good things to smile at

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Don't worry - be happy! Good things to smile at

Postby McAz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
As I explained, I don't (or more accurately, no longer) seek happiness With age comes the imperative to think beyond dualism - or in other words...

...happiness is Wu Wei (Zhuangzi).

On that, I agree. But surely it depends on how each of us would define 'happiness'? I imagine people have differing perspectives on what makes them happy.

A 'feelgood' factor is easy to achieve; it can manifest in the simplest of pursuits/circumstances and is often fleeting.

Apologies for a Facebook-esque cliché here but, to me, true happiness is to love and know beyond doubt that you're loved in return. I've had 2 awesome big loves in my life - one of whom I'm still very close to.

So in that respect I feel very blessed - and knowing that makes me happy :smilin:

The pursuit of sensuality in all it's forms is perfectly good so long as it is balanced by abstinence. Indeed, even so-called enlightenment itself manifests its own sensuality. Desire can be fun, the pursuit of satiation even more so - but neither is worth the effort without abstinence and self denial.

It is successfully walking the path between oscillating dualities that brings what I believe you call happiness.

And yes, loving and being loved is a blessing not to be taken for granted.
Last edited by McAz on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Nucks » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:Happiness is fleeting, gotta take it where you can. Beauty, simplicity, accomplishments are sources of happiness. Blossoming lilacs make me feel happy. Cats being silly. Finishing a project like painting a room or a craft. Not many people can be happy all the time, life presents us with challenges and hardships and we deal with them as best we can.

And you can’t know happiness if you don’t experience sadness.

That’s why I come here.
Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Nucks wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:Happiness is fleeting, gotta take it where you can. Beauty, simplicity, accomplishments are sources of happiness. Blossoming lilacs make me feel happy. Cats being silly. Finishing a project like painting a room or a craft. Not many people can be happy all the time, life presents us with challenges and hardships and we deal with them as best we can.

And you can’t know happiness if you don’t experience sadness.

That’s why I come here.

:pmsl: know what I mean? :pmsl:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 pm

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
As I explained, I don't (or more accurately, no longer) seek happiness With age comes the imperative to think beyond dualism - or in other words...

On that, I agree. But surely it depends on how each of us would define 'happiness'? I imagine people have differing perspectives on what makes them happy.

A 'feelgood' factor is easy to achieve; it can manifest in the simplest of pursuits/circumstances and is often fleeting.

Apologies for a Facebook-esque cliché here but, to me, true happiness is to love and know beyond doubt that you're loved in return. I've had 2 awesome big loves in my life - one of whom I'm still very close to.

So in that respect I feel very blessed - and knowing that makes me happy :smilin:

The pursuit of sensuality in all it's forms is perfectly good so long as it is balanced by abstinence. Indeed, even so-called enlightenment itself manifests its own sensuality. Desire can be fun, the pursuit of satiation even more so - but neither is worth the effort without abstinence and self denial.

It is successfully walking the path between oscillating dualities that brings what I believe you call happiness.

Well, there was a short period of abstinence between the 2 big loves, I guess ... hard to beat a bit of fabulous duality, though :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby banana chewits » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:26 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
McAz wrote:
You have seen our lord - it is truly a wonder. Image

i'm a believer!

I always said dean was a cult

typo? :mrgreen:

sorry that went right over my head

me being humorless and all that

did you mix up the l & the n?
banana chewits

Postby McAz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:

Well, there was a short period of abstinence between the 2 big loves, I guess ... hard to beat a bit of fabulous duality, though :gigglesnshit:

The deeper the beast, the higher the man. :wink:
Last edited by McAz on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby banana chewits » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:

are you a part time lesbian, then?
banana chewits

Postby McAz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:

Who isn't? :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm

banana chewits wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
i'm a believer!

I got it you fucking clown

:roll:

:mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:30 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

I got it you fucking clown

:roll:

:mrgreen:

:shame:
banana chewits

Postby Vam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:31 pm

banana chewits wrote:

Wednesdays are my doppelbanger days :smilin:
Vam

Postby banana chewits » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Vam wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

Wednesdays are my doppelbanger days :smilin:

this almost beats lord raven being able to take three fingers!
banana chewits

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:37 pm

Happiness is taking your bra off at the end of a looooonnnng day.
Cleopatra

Postby Dean » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 pm

My new cue arrived the other day. This makes me extremely happy...
Dean

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Dean wrote:My new cue arrived the other day. This makes me extremely happy...

It's the little things... :mrgreen:
Cleopatra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms