Preparations for Martial Law?

A right load of bollocks...

Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 pm

'They have activated Operation Redfold' - Foreign affairs editor, reveals that the armed forces have activated a team in a nuclear bunker to step up preparations for a no-deal.

(Sky News)

More to follow...
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Op Redfold: MOD Activates No-Deal Brexit Nerve Centre

The Ministry of Defence has activated a nerve centre named 'Operation Redfold' in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

As many as 3,500 military personnel could be called upon, with around 10% of those being reservists.

Operation Redfold refers to the defence planning arm of Operation Yellowhammer.


https://www.forces.net/news/brexit/operation-redfold-military-nerve-centre-ready-no-deal-brexit
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:59 pm

Redfold and Yellowhammer, how colourful.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92706
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:01 pm

Stooo wrote:Redfold and Yellowhammer, how colourful.


How far have we now strayed from an advanced society that it has come to this?

I rarely get this despaired.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby measurer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:04 pm

War games commence up here at the end of the month.......how handy, eh?
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14210
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Fletch » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Stooo wrote:Redfold and Yellowhammer, how colourful.


No blue?

It's almost as if it's political naming to divert attention from the real culprit.
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 14727
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:08 pm

measurer wrote:War games commence up here at the end of the month.......how handy, eh?


Pure coincidence. :shake head:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Cleopatra » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:15 pm

My "Brexit cupboard" not looking so funny now. :shake head:
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1812
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:25 pm

Cleopatra wrote:My "Brexit cupboard" not looking so funny now. :shake head:


UK's top toilet roll supplier stockpiling in case of no-deal Brexit


https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/u ... ailsignout

From one of the most important countries in the EU to the British are wiping their arses on moss.
Absolute insanity.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 9258
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby George » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Cleopatra wrote:My "Brexit cupboard" not looking so funny now. :shake head:

I have always thought the stocking up idea was a bit overkill but I am wondering if it might be worth having some spares as I do not really keep a large supply of dried or tinned goods. Mind you it might help me lose the bit of weight I put on whilst on holiday :mrgreen:
User avatar
George
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Cleopatra wrote:My "Brexit cupboard" not looking so funny now. :shake head:


I've got some canned bacon :thumbsup:

Not sure about the insulin as my MP has blocked my email.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92706
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Cupboards are full and slow withdrawal from opiates under way.
Last edited by Rolluplostinspace on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 9258
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Cleopatra » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:My "Brexit cupboard" not looking so funny now. :shake head:


UK's top toilet roll supplier stockpiling in case of no-deal Brexit


https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/u ... ailsignout

From one of the most important countries in the EU to the British are wiping their arses on moss.
Absolute insanity.



I really hope we do not crash out next week, but I am not going to be joining the scrum for leftover tins of spam if we do :mrgreen:
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1812
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:My "Brexit cupboard" not looking so funny now. :shake head:


UK's top toilet roll supplier stockpiling in case of no-deal Brexit


https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/u ... ailsignout

From one of the most important countries in the EU to the British are wiping their arses on moss.
Absolute insanity.



I really hope we do not crash out next week, but I am not going to be joining the scrum for leftover tins of spam if we do :mrgreen:

I don't blame you!
I wouldn't fancy wiping my arse on slices of Spam.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 9258
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Cleopatra » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:My "Brexit cupboard" not looking so funny now. :shake head:


UK's top toilet roll supplier stockpiling in case of no-deal Brexit


https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/u ... ailsignout

From one of the most important countries in the EU to the British are wiping their arses on moss.
Absolute insanity.



I really hope we do not crash out next week, but I am not going to be joining the scrum for leftover tins of spam if we do :mrgreen:

I don't blame you!
I wouldn't fancy wiping my arse on slices of Spam.


If needs must!

The food banks are stockpiling, too. It is those who have little excess cash who will feel it the most, as usual. Boris Johnson and Rees-Mogg won't be going without.
These are scary, unprecedented times.
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1812
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests